BEST DEALS EVAR (NRR or RR, SCOOPING Related)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Dudes, what have been your best scores, evar? Record or non-record related, spill it. I kid thee not, I Just made a nice scoop of these two clean white babies: (could of made it a menage a trois but I just don't have the space, yet)for a whopping total of$20YUPI KID THEE NOT. LET'S GET IT!DEAL MOTIVATION 101.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Jesus' love if free. Top that.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

GOD'S SON?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• dayday 9,612 Posts

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

The Methodist Church's sign near my old house read last week: "You don't have time for Jesus, but Jesus has eternity for you". The place consistantly has the most ridiculous stuff up like that.

Best deals = always at garage sales or from family/friends/neighbors/old people.

busted teri hatcher does not a deal make

DEAL
    WITH
    IT

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    an original santa cruz rob roskopp face 1 complete skateboard (indy trucks, alva speed skins) for 10 euro at a flea market, flipped it for US$500.

a set of antique crystal coasters for 2 euro, flipped for 150.

a really ugly antique porcelain vase for 2 euro, flipped for 50

a stack of poetry books (Yeats) for 10 flipped for 200

sometimes its ok when they dont have records...

but at the end of the day, it all pales in comparison to Jesus' love.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    an original santa cruz rob roskopp face 1 complete skateboard (indy trucks, alva speed skins) for 10 euro at a flea market, flipped it for US$500.

a set of antique crystal coasters for 2 euro, flipped for 150.

a really ugly antique porcelain vase for 2 euro, flipped for 50

a stack of poetry books (Yeats) for 10 flipped for 200

sometimes its ok when they dont have records...

but at the end of the day, it all pales in comparison to Jesus' love.

I wish I knew the antique game in that kind of way. Did you know the value of these things at the time, or did you just figure there was a good chance they might have some value?

I had that skateboard back in the day.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

I wish I knew the antique game in that kind of way. Did you know the value of these things at the time, or did you just figure there was a good chance they might have some value?

I had that skateboard back in the day.

i dont know the antiques game really either, but after over 10 years of digging through various crap looking for records, you tend to develop a nose...

i just look for signs of quality:

good craftsmanship and authenticity, its not really that hard, the vase had a hallmark on the base and was in great condition with a distinct art deco feel (which is always worth a buck or two), the books were in great condition, a complete set and were over 100 years old and the crystal coasters, well, i had seen a similar set for sale in an antique store the week before so i took a chance.

as for the board... sheeeit, its every kids dream setup right?

• I picked up Booker T's Melting Pot for $3 last week.

I've got an old Roskopf board at home. I didn't realize that was a collector's item.

• they sell 1 gig and 2 gig flashdrives that fit on a keychain for $25 and $35 at places like radio shack. considering that not too long ago, there were 2 gig laptops selling for a couple grand, i think this is a pretty remarkable deal...even if the manufacturers' costs are much lower than retail.

• I found the Tommy Stewart LP for 4 EURO on eBay. Original Copy. BuyItNow.

• I've got an old Roskopf board at home.

best birthday present ever back in the early 80's. Skateboarding was everywhere back then.

• 25 cents

they sell 1 gig and 2 gig flashdrives that fit on a keychain for $25 and $35 at places like radio shack. considering that not too long ago, there were 2 gig laptops selling for a couple grand, i think this is a pretty remarkable deal...even if the manufacturers' costs are much lower than retail.

dude that is so not a deal
    you obviously never heard of fatwallet.com or slickdeals.net

lol

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Tabby Thomas- One Day bought for $2 flipped for just under $2000. LA Funk

Rufus Wood- Ghettoville $10 (unplayed copy) recently sold for $800.

Tabby Thomas- One Day bought for $2 flipped for just under $2000. LA Funk

holy fuk

• Tabby Thomas- One Day bought for $2 flipped for just under $2000. LA Funk

$2000 for Tabby Thomas is just plain crazy! Good for you!

me... Brothers Seven Evil Ways on Good Luck paid $20 got just under $1000.