Nas. Leaked. Sigh.

124»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Biggie had sexually deviant rhymes to.

Pointing out that this other dude also said some stomach-turning schitt isn't really an effective defense of your man.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Are you comparing the song captioned above to "Live At The BBQ"?

Because if so, I just want to give you a little time to, you know, edit your post.

But you're friends with Rape Donkeys

• Are you comparing the song captioned above to "Live At The BBQ"?

Because if so, I just want to give you a little time to, you know, edit your post.

But you're friends with Rape Donkeys

Thankfully, young S**o* has been so far able to avoid the traps that befell your friend Nas, and hasn't made a song about raping donkeys.

• Biggie had sexually deviant rhymes to.

Pointing out that this other dude also said some stomach-turning schitt isn't really an effective defense of your man.

Look so good i'll suck on your daddy's dick.

• Biggie had sexually deviant rhymes to.

I got a bitch that suck my dick til I nut
    Spit it on my gut and slurp that shit back up
    Ain't that a slut (HELL YEA) she even take it in the butt
    Fuck for bout a hour, now she want a golden shower
    You didn't know that we be pissin on hoes, bitch (BEOTCH)
    Luke and Biggie straight shittin on hoes, bitch (BEOTCH)
    Lick your toes, bitch? (BEOTCH) Fuck no, you must be crazy
    Squirt in your face and then I'm Swayze (bitch)
    Recognize G, straight up, I can't knock ya
    After Big Poppa, fuck ALL of Junior M.A.F.I.A.
    The whole clique, dick sucked, ass licked
    Leave your number by the phone, bring yo' ass on home
    I roam in Lexuses and Benzes, the fly way
    With the flyest bitch gettin head on the highway (ridin)
    My way deep throat on Luke's boat
    When the moon rises, I'm cumin in her eyes-es (do it)
    Just the way players play
    Leave it up to me, I get fucked all day (yeah)
    Sucked all day, smokin blunts, countin cheese
    Fucking bitches til they assholes bleed
    What you say ba-by

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Thankfully, young S**o* has been so far able to avoid the traps that befell your friend Nas, and hasn't made a song about raping donkeys.

He hasn't played you the acetate?

• Thankfully, young S**o* has been so far able to avoid the traps that befell your friend Nas, and hasn't made a song about raping donkeys.

He hasn't played you the acetate?

No he hasn't "played me the acetate", or whatever you two's new codeword for hanky panky is.

• Made You Look, Nas Is Like, Thief's Theme are dope to me.

co-sign. these are the onyl post-Illmatic essentials to me.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Any number of dudes on this board could have made this a much better album.

I believe this could be applied to practically ALL of Nas' albums save one.

This LP is like the antithesis of all that escobar shit he was stuck on for so long.

Not quite - he's still trying to thug it out on a few songs, most if it being pretty cheesy.

Like Jeezy asked, "Does Nas have any street cred? Are his homies in F.E.D.S."?

I think not.

Btw, may I just say that I LOVE this thread? Nothing like Nas to inspire a completely random collection of really readable posts and insights.

• damn...I have not been able to get this yet...wtf? everytime I looked at links they are dead...anybody have a new 1? (plaese to thank you)

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Damnit. He might as well just have called the album NAS IS DONE.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this album needs a total beat makeover ala 9th wonder (regardless of your opinioin on dude that Gods stepson was great)

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Shit I don't know what's happened here but I really don't hate on this album. Maybe it's because my expectations and fears about how low Nas could stoop weren't entirely realised but I actually prefer it to Jay Z's release.

Admittedly I listened to Cagney once before removing it from my copy of the album and my short term memory but I really don't mind the rest. He's still a highly charismatic mc to listen to and the beats, while far from breathtaking, do their job for the most part (going into a Nas album expecting great beats is always going to end in tears IMHO).

Like i say, I can't believe that my ears are hearing something different to everyone else and maybe it's just that, apart from Illmatic, I don't listen to Nas much anymore but for me it's a reasonable album from a rapper past his prime and that's fine by me.

I expect that I am wrong.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I really hope Nas wasn't thinking that he was reppin' "real hip hop" by paying tribute to some Rappin Duke style schitt...

maybe nas wasn't trying to rep real schitt but to rep the schitt he enjoyed.

This LP is like the antithesis of all that escobar shit he was stuck on for so long.

Not quite - he's still trying to thug it out on a few songs, most if it being pretty cheesy.

Not to mention, he's been trying to "save" rap for at least five years now--it's not like any of this represents a new element of his persona.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I still haven't heard this album. I like the few things I have heard so far (Where Are They Now, the Nat King Cole jawn)

I really hope Nas wasn't thinking that he was reppin' "real hip hop" by paying tribute to some Rappin Duke style schitt...

maybe nas wasn't trying to rep real schitt but to rep the schitt he enjoyed.

This thread wouldn't be complete without an appearance from the real schitt thought police.

"Real Schitt" is not subject to relativism.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I actually really enjoy the jay and nas collabo on here. Im glad its an l.e.s. beat and not some just blaze over the top garbage hes being putting out lately. It feels like a hot nas song with a jay verse this way.

I also like where are they now. And......really thats about it. The rest of the album is pretty shitty.

BUt those two songs are hot to me. Also there was a mixtape track called "the don" that was super hot but it was only a snippet. Anyone remember this? It was crazy and had me way more hyped for this album than i should have been.

• But what kinna file format is .styx

StuffIt X is a revolutionary new archive file format powered by Aladdin's exclusive ATOM??? compression technology. StuffIt X makes archives with a .sitx file extension. The StuffIt X file format integrates compression with security and safety options to meet the requirements of business and today's digital lifestyle. more...
    http://www.stuffit.com/compression/sitxformat.html

damn, you should work in marketing

• I'm sorry to say this and I'll probably get drawn and quartered for it:

Illmatic was dope, I acknowledge that, but, to me, it wasn't the seminal (ahem) masterwork of hip-hop defining wonder that it seems to have been made into. Don't get me wrong; it was an extremely dope album.

The problem is, I at least, am like a dude that breaks up with his girl and then, all of a sudden, the relationship was perfect and she can do no wrong and shit. So when I hear "new Alkaholiks track coming out" I get all excited thinking it's going to be all 21 and Over and Coast II Coast up in this bitch and then I remember that I also bought Tash's solo album, and it's probably going to be more like that shit. So then I go back and listen to Illmatic, or Coast II Coast, and they're dope, but they're not the holy grail of hip hop achievement. Nor do they get any play any more (sadly).

As for Nas, jesus, sometimes you just gotta put the mic down and walk the fuck away. I mean, I stopped hoping for dope tracks after any MC/crew's third album long ago, but now it's just getting depressing. Those lyrics are so deranged that it isn't quite as funny as it is creepy.

As for the indispensable tracks following Illmatic (e.g. Nas is Like) they really grate on me; they're all way (even wrt the genre) overblown ego trips that are catchy for a week and then have no draw at all. When was the last time any of us actually listened to all of these tracks? That's all I'm saying.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ive tried at least five times on separate ocassions to listen to "who killed it" and usually get hyped up from the intro part of the beat and then have to turn it off five seconds later because it is truly that bad