WHITE PEOPLE

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's funny how 'black' issues get discussed into the infinite on soulstrut, although the majority of people on this board are white. But on the several occasions when a tread is started about white people, all people do is make jokes.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Love 'em.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    But on the several occasions when a tread is started about white people, all people do is make jokes.

The TREAD was a joke.

Oh yeah - UPTIGHT.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    This thread is very serious.

• First thing that comes to mind...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    It's funny how 'black' issues get discussed into the infinite on soulstrut, although the majority of people on this board are white. But on the several occasions when a tread is started about white people, all people do is make jokes.

Yeah, its not a phenomenon unique to soulstrut. Not much defines White people as a group other than power and privilage, and those are pretty fucked up and sad phenomena to think about. White people don't want to bring up the fact that the people who are fucking up the country are white, because they've disassociated from them and think of them as a "different kind" of white person.

But fuck it man, I'll say that I'm ashamed for white people when I see shit like Enron go down, or turn on the TV to see dickface political leaders on CNN, or go to school and hear college students who are supposed to be bright and intelligent have no recognition of white power and privilage, and say absurd shit about "reverse racism".

• i don't see color... people tell me i'm white, and i believe them because my country club only allows white people

• BigBBigB 30 Posts
    But on the several occasions when a tread is started about white people, all people do is make jokes.

The TREAD was a joke.

Oh yeah - UPTIGHT.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

The TREAD was a joke.

And it is very funny. Isn't it?

Oh yeah - UPTIGHT.

???

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    This thread is very american[/b] .

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    are some of my best friends

that you talk shit about behind their gringo backs, haaaaah

• are some of my best friends

that he calls for help with Spanish translation

Ay ay ay!

For what it's worth, one of my sisters married a white guy and he's like family to us.

• Yeah, its not a phenomenon unique to soulstrut. Not much defines White people as a group other than power and privilage, and those are pretty fucked up and sad phenomena to think about. White people don't want to bring up the fact that the people who are fucking up the country are white, because they've disassociated from them and think of them as a "different kind" of white person.

But fuck it man, I'll say that I'm ashamed for white people when I see shit like Enron go down, or turn on the TV to see dickface political leaders on CNN, or go to school and hear college students who are supposed to be bright and intelligent have no recognition of white power and privilage, and say absurd shit about "reverse racism".

2 ideas (not necessarily my own), what do you guys think:

1. there is plenty of white culture (in the USA) but it exists in small pockets, mostly out of the mainstream. in the broad sense, the power/privilage/mayonnaise moniker is unfortunately both the stereotype and often the reality.

2. the idea of "they got there first, and basically dont want to share power" being an unfortunate human trait, as opposed to just being 'the wicked white mans ways'. i.e. if things had somehow been reversed (black/white roles) in US history, the results would be the same, just opposite. (or do you think blacks would not have treated whites the same way, as a result of a more kind spirit or somesuch)

thinkin thoughtz!

• are some of my best friends

that he calls for help with Spanish translation

Ay ay ay!

For what it's worth, one of my sisters married a white guy and he's like family to us.

You where tinkled pink when I made that call, wheren't you!?!??!? A feather was stuck in your pork-pie hat that day, my friend. I'll look forward to the day when you holleur about Texas and/or Reggae musics.

P. "Yeah He's a white guy, but naw he's one of the good ones" Phonics.

• fools is clapping, too.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

1. there is plenty of white culture (in the USA) but it exists in small pockets, mostly out of the mainstream. in the broad sense, the power/privilage/mayonnaise moniker is unfortunately both the stereotype and often the reality.
    There is plenty of white culture everywhere. You're thinking i guess of ethnic culture??? Or geographic-locale culture? I donno.

2. the idea of "they got there first, and basically dont want to share power" being an unfortunate human trait, as opposed to just being 'the wicked white mans ways'. i.e. if things had somehow been reversed (black/white roles) in US history, the results would be the same, just opposite. (or do you think blacks would not have treated whites the same way, as a result of a more kind spirit or somesuch)

thinkin thoughtz!
    spot the fallacy

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

fools is clapping, too.

"we need to exterminate white people cause they are going to kill us"

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Discuss.

Have pale skin and come in all shapes and sizes.

• AND WHY DO YOU ASK SUCH QUESTIONS, TWO DOGS FUCKING?

• fools is clapping, too.

"we need to exterminate white people cause they are going to kill us"

no wonder dude never sent me my book order.

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    This thread is very american[/b] .

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

i don't see color... people tell me i'm white, and i believe them because my country club only allows white people

That shit is hilarious. I also love his doctored GQ cover. "Is Jay-Z Stephen Colbert's New Black Friend?"

• The TREAD was a joke.

I was gonna do this clever jpeg joke with a picture of a tire until a google search on tread brought this up:

guess it's time to put the filters back on my google prefs

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    White people are mostly cool, as long as they're not dirty hippies. Seeing all that Grateful Dead-style dancing at the Meters show in SF made my stomach turn.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    White people are mostly cool, as long as they're not dirty hipsters. Seeing all that Elaine(Seinfeld)-style dancing at the Kill Whitey show in BK made my stomach turn.

• A group that is a majority don't think of themselves as ethnic, in most cases. White culture is this world we live in and to say it's only in pockets is to say non-white culture is the majority. That doesn't make much sense. It's the other way around. Damn. I mean, I know what you mean to say, seeing different ethnicities of white, or white counterculture, but this backdrop you see as bland culturless consumerism, is white culture, too.