IT'S THE NIGHTSHIFT, FOLLS

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
DUDESlet's get this party starteddoing crunches and pushupsironfeet, watch outD-bloc liftinbest bewarethrowin bows on broslolwhat are you up to tonite?

Comments

• DUDES
    let's get this party started

doing crunches and pushups
    ironfeet, watch out

Why you chasing the runner up?

Call me when you're down to go up against the champ

Working for 3 more hours. Hangover still lingering from the Amoeba Christmas party.

Modern soul from Buena Park still sitting unplayed at the house

Ironfeet[/b] I saw you yesterday and I had $20 for you. was I sleeping?

HOLLAR

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    not even dark here yet

• I'm going through a client's website designed by another (better, but completely less-organized) designer than me so I can update some of the pages. It's for a bar that features live music, and I came across a band description guaranteed to make even the most strong-stomached Strutter run for cover, even as it describes the average Strutter's record collection with remarkably eerie prescience:

radiohead meets wilco with a touch of hip-hop

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    sitting around smmoking la, running a guitar thru ableton and the maudio blackbox, bugging myself out. I cant play but guitar with effects sounds NEAAT! word.

• im trying to figure out what this old soul song is - all i got is about 6 seconds of it from an ancient tape. The year has to be around 1972-1974. I googled a while on a possible title "too much" but got nowhere... if you got 15 seconds to spare... help!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Man, It's the day shift over on thi side of the planet!

Plaese to get on my level!

• Man, It's the day shift over on thi side of the planet!

Plaese to get on my level!

just you wait, youll see! the sun goes down!!!

NEVER![/b]

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    I was loungin on Bondi there last week - got sunburnt, now I'm back in Melbourne and peeling

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    hey m**k. got in from chicago this afternoon (shoulda been this morning, a la: "FUCK SOUTHWEST AIRLINES") worked until about 20 minutes ago. Catching up on strut catfights. laundry. listening to records.

speaking thereof: thank you chicago. you are a beautiful city. Although I only got to see one store (hyde park) i get the feeling there are many more records hiding out there. I'll be back.

good turkey day?

You were in Syd and didn't Hollar?

Nah it's all good. What were you here for anyway?

hey m**k. got in from chicago this afternoon (shoulda been this morning, a la: "FUCK SOUTHWEST AIRLINES") worked until about 20 minutes ago. Catching up on strut catfights. laundry. listening to records.

speaking thereof: thank you chicago. you are a beautiful city. Although I only got to see one store (hyde park) i get the feeling there are many more records hiding out there. I'll be back.

good turkey day?

Did you find any rekkids in Chicago? You no everyone's favourite record store to bitch about (Dusrty Groove) is based in Chicago.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    running a guitar thru ableton and the maudio blackbox, bugging myself out. I cant play but guitar with effects sounds NEAAT! word.

ha - that's exactly what I was doing just a couple seconds ago (minus ableton and herb ).

Now I'm about to play a rousing game of chutes and ladders and maybe watch a movie.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    im trying to figure out what this old soul song is - all i got is about 6 seconds of it from an ancient tape. The year has to be around 1972-1974. I googled a while on a possible title "too much" but got nowhere... if you got 15 seconds to spare... help!

Gladys Night - Midnight Train to Georgia???

"L.A. proved too much for the man[/b]...
    He couldn??? make it so he's[/b] leavin' the life he's come to know"

• FUK YA BRO OUT DUDE.

Yeah, i found a few... the big find was a cheap copy of David Porter's "Victim of a Joke" which I got on the cheap tip b/c the front cover flap was missing... Which kinda sucks (the missing flap, not the record) but I don't think I ever want to drop $100 on that thing, so it was right up my alley. I actually wanted to go to Dusty Groove, (to be a more efficient Strut hatteur ) and maybe look for some records, but I was pretty busy w/ the lady all weekend so I only made it to Hyde Park Records.

Cool... yeah I was abit underwhelmed with 'victim of a joke' but coping it on the cheap is a good find. How come you went over to Chi-town anyway?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    FUK YA BRO OUT DUDE.

AP spotting!!!

Whaddup bros, watched the Mavs win over Timberwolves. KG and Howard gettin chippy. Guess Howard had something against Yaric.

Gonna attempt to get some schitt done. Bills to pay and recs to list.

holleur

crosby holds it down
    bigtime

"BROS OVER HOES"

and recs to list.

SET SALE SALE THAT SCHITT

and recs to list.

maybe
    weak dollar holleurs?
    I cry

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    FUK YA BRO OUT DUDE.

Man, Mark is not the sharpest tool in the shed (no latency). I called him trying to buy some records a while back and he says all he does is sell to his "LA guy" for ebay. Believe it or not, it didn't dawn on me that it was you he was talking about. So I ask him what the ebay seller name is so I can buy from them and he says "oh...I don't know if they'd want me to give it out."

That's like saying:

"hey, my friend just opened up a store with stuff I know you'll want to buy."

me: "cool, what's the name?"

"oh...I don't think he'd want you to know."

????????????

Needless to say I'm guessing it's you so sell me some records!

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    You were in Syd and didn't Hollar?

Nah it's all good. What were you here for anyway?

ha - I was visting cousins & friends for a few days, theres never enough time to see everyone & relax a bit too if you nahmean .. did make it to that joint Melt on saturday night for like an hour or som, saw some of the Stealth heads & caught a bit of Fenzie's set .. good times, mebee next time

and recs to list.

maybe
    weak dollar holleurs?
    I cry

Not that I have much $$$ to drop considering my recent internet moves!

don't you know no records make moves in LA / SoCal unless AP says so?

dude is the Kaiser Soze of record dealing

durrrrrrrrr

lol

AP GOT THAT WEIGHT

Visiting the lady, who made an amazing turkey, and doin a little sight seeing while she had some time off. I do like what I saw of Chicago though, I hadn't been there since I was pretty young. You in Chicago?

• Visiting the lady, who made an amazing turkey, and doin a little sight seeing while she had some time off. I do like what I saw of Chicago though, I hadn't been there since I was pretty young. You in Chicago?

I had no luck finding the Tony Allen for you..

Ph*l

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Just got back from a dope Thai restaurant where I had dinner with Wifey and our homegirl from Tokyo. Seahawks game on the plasma screen in the bar. DUMB cold here in Seattle! Snowing and everything and we just beat Green Bay in the SNOW!!!!!!!!!!! SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hood is going buckwild! Fireworks, mad noise, drunk fools in the street. JYEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no luck finding the Tony Allen for you..

DAMMIT PH*L!!! Oh well... Thanks for checking meng. You gonna play one of these tuesdays at L**d**rd J**s?

• FUK YA BRO OUT DUDE.

Man, Mark is not the sharpest tool in the shed (no latency). I called him trying to buy some records a while back and he says all he does is sell to his "LA guy" for ebay. Believe it or not, it didn't dawn on me that it was you he was talking about.

Actually, I have not bought a record from him in about 6 months and he owes me money. I don't know what he is doing with the records, or if he even buys all that many records anymore. Last time I saw him he had a garage full of hefty bags of scrap clothing and almost no records.

I have not sold an item on ebay since July and am kind of out of the scene when it comes to buying from other dealers. Just collections for me. That's all I want now.

Scrappy dealers with banged Ramsey Lewis records priced $10 eat a bag of ding dong ding a langs.

I want major collections bro.

• left the gym early I think I broke my left middle finger.

been doing e-mails and schitt.

law and order SVU had the asian gang scenario.

bout to get that sushi down the street with the lil sis.

seattle looked good; hope we can beat them again.

rain has finally let up.