macgyver

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    i dont know this show but anything with a lotus seven roks

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    The Gemini Man

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I've had that on my NetFlix forever, it keeps getting pushed down
    in the queu...
    I guess I better move it up, I've heard it's seriously some Shit.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

G.O.A.T.......

or

I'm really waiting for the official box sets of

and

• I know there's been serious rights issues with this show that's hampered any DVD release so far.
    But seriously, WTF??!

Re: 6 Million Dollar Man, I imagine a set will be in the works to coincide w/the Jim Carrey flick.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Re: 6 Million Dollar Man, I imagine a set will be in the works to coincide w/the Jim Carrey flick.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Co-sign.

runner up....

• I get the super late pass on The WIre.
    Only now just getting through Season 1 (thank you Owen).
    Very ill indeedy.
    And apparently it only gets better from here??

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

All bullshit/hype aside, absolutely. I've been watching it for years now, and now I'm 3/4 of the way through season 4. It just doesn't get any better than this.

All bullshit/hype aside, absolutely. I've been watching it for years now, and now I'm 3/4 of the way through season 4. It just doesn't get any better than this.

I'm sleepin so ill hate for a minute and y'all can put me in my place.

Hasn't the smart cop show been done already?

Better than Law and Order, Hill St. Blues, Miami Vice?

Feel free to shoot me down. My homie is still talkin 24 - and i'm st8 YAWN.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I'm sleepin so ill hate for a minute and y'all can put me in my place.

Hasn't the smart cop show been done already?

Better than Law and Order, Hill St. Blues, Miami Vice?

Feel free to shoot me down. My homie is still talkin 24 - and i'm st8 YAWN.

Dude you have to see it. "Smart cop show" is so off the mark. The Wire is so unbelievably dense and layered and nuanced, you just have to watch it - from the beginning.

Knowing you I know you would appreciate it, Batmon.

Dude you have to see it. "Smart cop show" is so off the mark. The Wire is so unbelievably dense and layered and nuanced, you just have to watch it - from the beginning.

Knowing you I know you would appreciate it, Batmon.

Ok, ill check but if i see some drug dealing Local Black Exp.......im out.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You'll see drug dealing - the first season deals with a detail that goes up against a Baltimore drug kingpin. But again, it's so much more than that, and the way they expand on it in seasons 2, 3 and now 4, well... you just gonna have to watch it. It gets my full endorsement.

You'll see drug dealing - the first season deals with a detail that goes up against a Baltimore drug kingpin. But again, it's so much more than that, and the way they expand on it in seasons 2, 3 and now 4, well... you just gonna have to watch it. It gets my full endorsement.

I saw a handful of episodes from season 1, when my peeps tried to alert me to it. It does sound like they've gotten beyond King Of New York- the tv show.

Has OZ lost its magic?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I saw a handful of episodes from season 1, when my peeps tried to alert me to it. It does sound like they've gotten beyond King Of New York- the tv show.

Has OZ lost its magic?

Honestly I tried to watch The Wire a few times but, not knowing what I was getting into, I turned the show off every time because it was like too slow. Eventually, during the 2nd season (my favorite) I got through 3 episodes in a row and realized that shit was really deep, so I went back and just started from the top.

• Honestly I tried to watch The Wire a few times but, not knowing what I was getting into, I turned the show off every time because it was like too slow. Eventually, during the 2nd season (my favorite) I got through 3 episodes in a row and realized that shit was really deep, so I went back and just started from the top.

Yeah, you have to give the show a chance... just coming into it late into the game, like I did, it's hard to get into it at first because there's so cotdamn much going on. I tried to get into it during season 2 and just couldn't f--k with it. I got hooked by seeing some season 4 clips on Youtube and then having some friends fill me in on what was going on. Then probably the best thing I could have done was check out http://www.hbo.com/thewire/ to get a better understanding of what the deal is, who the characters are and what they're about, etc. (just don't read too much online if you're going to go back and actually watch the episodes). I got done with season 4 last weekend, now I'm going back to season one and catch up with the whole story. I am HOOKED on this schitt.
    And yeah, Batmon, there is plenty of drug dealing, negative portrayals of black folks, etc... but I think they show the depth of these situations a lot more completely than you usually see it done. From the street side, the law enforcement side and the political side of things. REAL SCHITT.

• Fuck the Wire, HOMOCIDE. No cop show in the last 25 years has had such a profound and lasting influence IMO. Andre Braugher has gotta be one of the most underappreciated actors of our era, and the lo-fi camera work was totally ahead
    ..and surprisingly no mentions of Deadwood yet, that is blowing my mind right now.

• i would have to say twilight zone because you learn very valuable life lessons from every episode. peace, stein. . .

• Seinfeld

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I can't really add much to what's already been said about the WIRE but I'll try.

The Wire is not really a cop show to begin with. It's the story of the decline of Baltimore and what it means for the decline of lots of American cities.

Drugs it the focus of Season 1 & 3, the working class is the emhasis in #2, and education is what's going on during the current season.

Drugs though is the sign of the decline of the city. Everyting else projects out from that to the junkies, the dealers, the police, the police leadership, the politicians, etc.

I think it's the greatest show ever about America.It's amazingly written, acted, etc. And if you don't know, this is the baddest motherfucker ever to touch the small screen.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• Honestly I tried to watch The Wire a few times but, not knowing what I was getting into, I turned the show off every time because it was like too slow. Eventually, during the 2nd season (my favorite) I got through 3 episodes in a row and realized that shit was really deep, so I went back and just started from the top.

Yeah, you have to give the show a chance... just coming into it late into the game, like I did, it's hard to get into it at first because there's so cotdamn much going on. I tried to get into it during season 2 and just couldn't f--k with it. I got hooked by seeing some season 4 clips on Youtube and then having some friends fill me in on what was going on. Then probably the best thing I could have done was check out http://www.hbo.com/thewire/ to get a better understanding of what the deal is, who the characters are and what they're about, etc. (just don't read too much online if you're going to go back and actually watch the episodes). I got done with season 4 last weekend, now I'm going back to season one and catch up with the whole story. I am HOOKED on this schitt.
    And yeah, Batmon, there is plenty of drug dealing, negative portrayals of black folks, etc... but I think they show the depth of these situations a lot more completely than you usually see it done. From the street side, the law enforcement side and the political side of things. REAL SCHITT.

I'm doing the same shit (starting from season 1). I swear I've been watching 2 episodes a night . Last night I watched 4! Slept 3 hours and went to work. I'm hooked...

Herm

• Date My Mom

Fuck the Wire, HOMOCIDE. No cop show in the last 25 years has had such a profound and lasting influence IMO. Andre Braugher has gotta be one of the most underappreciated actors of our era, and the lo-fi camera work was totally ahead

That's what I wanted to bring up as an example w/ Law And Order. But HBO can do a whole alot more on cable than reg network tv. Sex in The City, Oz,The Wire,Sopranos, and DeadWood are all shows that Ive heard many cats revere as incredible shows.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Cosine on homicide and HBO stuff

I need to get into the wire and the prisoner just wanna give some shine to the quebec version of the sopranos

That show was straight fire...

Classic mafia/gov storyline with great charachter development and the interesting canada Biker war dynamics intertwined in. Worth catching and its half english half french so subtitles and DVD would do it for ya

Also although I have not followed this show

Les Bougon

Its gotten a ton of praises and its premise has been bought by Fox to be worked in the states

Its about a welfare family that lives off various screw the system type cons and heists.

Just like in the movies Quebec sneeks in some great stuff into the sea of american media