LILY ALLEN - SMILE (SORT OF RR)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I dismissed this little pop gem when I first heard it months ago but I'm 100% won over now. Call it softbatch, but it's fukin pop music holmes. Why can't more mainstream pop songs be as nice[/b] as "Smile" ?Fuk fergalicious and that new Stefani yodle crap. Fuk all that nonsense. DEAL WITH IT? OR NO DEAL?yay or nay? what say theee, soulstrut massive???

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Why can't more pop songs be as nice as "Smile" ?

i love it.

puts a grin from ear to ear, and the melody is retarded.

two thumbs up.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Why can't more pop songs be as nice as "Smile" ?

i love it.

puts a grin from ear to ear, and the melody is retarded.

two thumbs up.

LET'S GET IT!!!!!

<<< foreigners got taste >>>

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    You will not live to regret your words. For now I must kill you before you infect the others.

You will not live to regret your words. For now I must kill you before you infect the others.

DEAL.

yah dudes it's 3:30 AM PST and I'm fukin with this lily allen schitt
    holy fuk

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Tepid. Think she only got a deal cos her dad is famous.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    The whole album is catchy as fuck. Love "Knock 'em out" too, when she's singing over the "Big chief" loop.

Tepid. Think she only got a deal cos her dad is famous.

""I've spent my whole life trying to get something out of my dad, to no avail!" - Lily Allen bats away those suggestions that daddy Keith is somehow responsible for her success..."

- http://www.musicomh.com/interviews/lily-allen_0806.htm

Dudes,
    HER DAD DONE GOOD.

nuff said
    Smile is that 2006 pop gem
    deal

Everytime Lily Allen is mentioned, my girlfriend mumbles something like "I'll kill that f-in whore" under her breath.

ANYWAY... Here's the Radioclit remix of "LDN" which is quite good too IMO:

Lily Allen - LDN (Radioclit remix)

• yeah, i love her stuff, really good POP music.
    and dude is right, fuck ferga-super sonic & the yodel cut from gwen.(except for that wobbly bassline that comes in at parts)

here is the jackie mittoo original.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D324877414DAA25E

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Yeah that Lily Allen lp is tip top, pop music at it's best.
    I love how all the songs are so sugary sounding
    but in reality are michievious or downright evil.
    Check the videos for "Smile" and "LDN" both of them are stellar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ejta2aB8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_jjuCfdksQ

Lily Allen gets bonus points for:

1. Being a record me and my 2 1/2 daughter agree on

2. Sampling so much ska and reggae.

3. "Smile" video when she pays thugs to sabotage her Ex's life
    including some vinyl abuse! Ouch!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Can we discuss REAL artists like Justin Timberlake, please?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Lily Allens alrite, but it's all a little too sugary and fake for me.

Please to checkout miss Amy Winehouse. If you're interested in UK female singers of song. thankyou.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    checkout miss Amy Winehouse.

Miss Winehouse....
    Mister Winehouse is more like it.
    That's a man!
    Not that their is anything wrong with that...
    But c'mon "she" used to be a "he", right?

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    Everytime Lily Allen is mentioned, my girlfriend mumbles something like "I'll kill that f-in whore" under her breath.

ANYWAY... Here's the Radioclit remix of "LDN" which is quite good too IMO:

Lily Allen - LDN (Radioclit remix)

Radioclit remix

The Orginal is so much nicer... but thanks for sharing, cause sharing is caring.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    checkout miss Amy Winehouse.

Miss Winehouse....
    Mister Winehouse is more like it.
    That's a man!
    Not that their is anything wrong with that...
    But c'mon "she" used to be a "he", right?

No , she's a beautiful jewish lady. ~She does have a real drinking problem though, which doesn't always help a lady, make the best of herself..??

Radioclit remix

The Orginal is so much nicer... but thanks for sharing, cause sharing is caring.

You think so? I personally prefer the remix, and almost everytime I've played it out someone's come up to me with halfway-melted off face. But to each his own.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts

Radioclit remix

You think so? I personally prefer the remix, and almost everytime I've played it out someone's come up to me with halfway-melted off face. But to each his own.

I could see that, the beat aint all that bad, it's the fact that its 4/4 which makes me say eh, but on second listen it sounds a lil better. The keys are a good match to the vocal for sure. Word

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    winehouse >>>>>>>> allen

Winehouse's favourite cocktail is a Rickstasy (three parts vodka, one part Southern Comfort, one part banana liqueur, and one part Baileys). ???By the time you???ve had two of them you???re like, don???t even try and go anywhere. Sit down and stay down, until the birds start singing.

homegirl is wildin though, she needs to slow down. She also needs a cheeseburger while she's at it, see here. Her new album is real solid, 60's girl group soul appeal. I recommend.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Tepid. Think she only got a deal cos her dad is famous SHES WHITE

get the kids to the root cella etc.

• Lily Allen is cool, she's a nice chick. Good taste too - she bought a bunch of my friends clothes when she was in Australia.

She seems to have a sense of humour, and that goes along way I reckon. Plus

• DEAL WITH IT? OR NO DEAL?

yay or nay?

YAY!

I'll ride for this shit.

Her first single "Smile" samples the Soul Brothers "Free Soul". Nobody is doing that shit in Pop music or any other shit for that matter.

• Yay too. Happy to see i'm not the only one to think that.

• dude, marklatency - THANK YOUSE for turning me onto this. She has been in steady rotation this week and I've turned on at least 3 other folks to her.

I love the fact that you can hear her accent even through her singing, which usually you don't with english bands.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    winehouse >>>>>>>> allen

Winehouse's favourite cocktail is a Rickstasy (three parts vodka, one part Southern Comfort, one part banana liqueur, and one part Baileys). ???By the time you???ve had two of them you???re like, don???t even try and go anywhere. Sit down and stay down, until the birds start singing.

homegirl is wildin though, she needs to slow down. She also needs a cheeseburger while she's at it, see here. Her new album is real solid, 60's girl group soul appeal. I recommend.

I really enjoyed the tracks posted above. It's definitely solid pop. But anybody who drinks a cocktail made of southern comfort, banana liqueur, and Baileys has a problem (namely no sense of taste). The thought of that combination alone is enough to make me wretch.

dude, marklatency - THANK YOUSE for turning me onto this. She has been in steady rotation this week and I've turned on at least 3 other folks to her.

I love the fact that you can hear her accent even through her singing, which usually you don't with english bands.

You're welcome. Good music should be shared, yaoming???

Lily's music is certainly fun and catchy. Anyone trying to analyze it can fall back.

Sampling Jackie Mittoo amongst others =

• When having a shitty day at work and those Lily videos come on the music channel it make the day a little easier to get through.

• don't piss her off though:

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Dude Mark, everytime I see that woman from Desperate Housewives, I think of you. This is highly disturbing. Would you try to restrain yourself from associating yourself with these decent looking white girls?

Yuichi