LILY ALLEN - SMILE (SORT OF RR)

2»

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Dude Mark, everytime I see that woman from Desperate Housewives, I think of you. This is highly disturbing. Would you try to restrain yourself from associating yourself with these decent looking white girls?

Yuichi

THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE, SON

Sorry, I likes what I likes, yadadamean?

fo sheezy

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    for anyone that has her album, is it heavy in that old ska sound? i just checked out the youtube videos and thought it was dope how the musicians totally recreated that "sound" of original ska, but i guess its because its sampled. nonetheless, i've been waiting/searching for something poppy and melodic, so i'm definitely interested in this!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    get your jetset on, she has been on the radio playlist on virgin atlantic for months...

that said, i had heard about this for a while, was vaguely interested, and then really disappointed when i heard the album... put me to sleep... like a female version of The Streets, but more boring!

it bothers me that england LOVES shit like this and groups like Ruff Sqwad put out dope records and have to sell them out of the back of a car...

it bothers me that england LOVES shit like this and groups like Ruff Sqwad put out dope records and have to sell them out of the back of a car...

Grime ain't ready for the world and vice versa. Even Dizzee Rascal and Wiley have to "sell records out of a back of a car," sort of.

Nice to see Grime rappers reppin' the Padres though, lol.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Dude Mark, everytime I see that woman from Desperate Housewives, I think of you. This is highly disturbing. Would you try to restrain yourself from associating yourself with these decent looking white girls?

Yuichi

THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE, SON

Sorry, I likes what I likes, yadadamean?

fo sheezy

You sound kinda aggro? That was kind of a half-joke btw.

I know, I was kidding myself.

• it bothers me that America LOVES shit like Fergie and groups like Freestyle Fellowship put out dope records and have to sell them out of the back of a car...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

it bothers me that America LOVES shit like Fergie and groups like Freestyle Fellowship put out dope records and have to sell them out of the back of a car...

the difference is, there's enuff fans of Freestyle Fellowship or Atmosphere or Souls of Mischeif, that those guys don't have to have day jobs... the difference between a country of 300 million and a country of 60 million, i guess...

it bothers me that America LOVES shit like My Chemical Romance and groups like Pinback put out dope records and have to sell them out of the back of a car...

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

"F**k me pumps" taken from the earlier "Frank" album (a song about a strut favourite subject 'beckys')

soooo feeling this track, thanks!

• for anyone that has her album, is it heavy in that old ska sound? i just checked out the youtube videos and thought it was dope how the musicians totally recreated that "sound" of original ska, but i guess its because its sampled. nonetheless, i've been waiting/searching for something poppy and melodic, so i'm definitely interested in this!

skimmed thru the album hoping that she might be on some ska revival type ish but apparently no she isn't. there are maybe 3-4 tracks on this tip which is really nice because they do it correctly. The rest of the album is on some kinda like a cross between that regina spector chick b/w Pink.

she has potential and apprently she's already huge everywhere else but the U.S. Read an interview and she says she hopes to work with TImbaland or whatever dude's name is. which i'm sure will take her further and further away from "that ska sound". I'm thinkin' she's gonna end up on some ol' "promiscuos girl" type shit.

it would dope if she would keep up the ska/reggae shit like this joint "friend of mine":

http://download.yousendit.com/6ADA17AA7C4FCEDC

shits noice!