Your Wire Questions SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!

13»

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    one of the more popular assumed ways of them tying in the media is rawls getting exposed for being gay. they didnt drop that random scene of him in the gay club for nothing. then there's already the heavy media coverage on the bodies found in the vacants

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The schools are also broke at the end of the season, which always causes all kinds of problems and stories. Believe me! Oakland Unified School District receives $100 million bailout from state! State takes over school district! We're still under that shit and its effects.

• Also, I had to watch it a 2nd time to realize it, but did anybody pick up on the subplot of Michael being molested as a child? There are subtle clues in a few scenes, but I don't think anything clear, other than the fact that he told Chris about it and Chris beat the shit out of his brothers father. I think Chris says, "you like boys, huh?" or something to that effect. That also leads me to believe that Chris maybe has some sort molestation in his background. Anybody else think that?

no doubt. but i think michael was the one who was molested and he didnt want to see it repeated with bug. thats why he was so overprotective of him and why he bugged out around any adult (especialy cutty). chris definitely had some of the same issues, cause he went loony tunes.

Omar selling Joe back their dope for 20 on the dollar is a little far fetched for me. I love dudes character, but it seems kinda ridiculous how he's still alive at this point. I guess Prop Joe's word goes a long way.
    barksdales tried to kill omar and played themselves. marlo tried to set omar up and they got someone stabbed in the ass. omar knows what he's doing. i dont know if they wouldnt have shot him on the spot in the real world, but i suppose half 2 million worth of product was a consideration.

Omar is the only one who operates from a code. Watch carefully.

• you dont even have to watch to carefully to pick that up. he definitely has a code of ethics. jus tlike mouzone.

what i did pick up is that we got two weebays runnng around this thread.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

best lines?
    bunk "i got pussy on my mind"
    snoop "yeah, Me too!"
    hahaha

Best line was..

Method Man's character(?)

MM. Do you know who's got the fatest asses, AND the best pussy?

Who dat?

MM. Midgets, n*gga.

• ....as usual the most painful part is the 2 year wait for mext season...

Tell me it ain't sooo!! I just finished watching 4 seasons in like 3 weeks, I can't wait 2 years for the next season..sheeeeeeeit, I need my fix quick damn it!!

• Already mentioned earlier here, I wonder what will happen to the 4 corner boys in Season 5. I watched Season 4 again over 4 days (thank you HBO on demand) and noticed a lot of stuff that slipped by me the first time. Like, the endings of the first 4 shows give an indication of where the kids might end up eventually.

1st episode: ends with Randy sitting by himself on the stoop of his foster mom's house. He just heard from Lil Kevin that Lex ended up in vacant. Randy's knowledge of this and his being labelled a snitch, may determine how his life goes. The future isn't looking bright at all for the kid by the end of Season 4.

2nd episode: I think this one ends with Namond playing video games at home. It shows you his true nature -- he's better in a comfortable safe environment, and isn't made for the streets. I'm the most optimistic about his chances for survival in Season 5.

3rd episode: Ends with Dukie using the little electric fan he fixed on the girl with the razor who sliced the other girl in Prezbo's class. Dukie's story just breaks your heart, it's tough to see this bright and sensitive kid in such an unforgiving situation. The ending clearly shows that he can use his smarts to help out people he identifies with -- but he needs someone to look out for him too, whether it's Prezbo or Michael or whoever.

4th episode: Ending is Michael walking home by himself after watching Cutty drive off. This kid's suspicion of older adult males has led to make some bad choices. Cutty or Prezbo might have helped him get out of his home situation with the molester step-father. But Mike is suspicious of anyone who's "too nice" and turns to Marlo. The basic contradiction about Michael is he wanted nothing to do with Namond's package, yet Michael is now a soldier for Marlo working the same corner as Bodie.

It's tough to say how things will go for these kids in Season 5. I expect Michael's going to take on a bigger role as an enforcer for Marlo. Michael will use Dukie's smarts to build up Bodie's old corner. Dukie will get protection from Michael in return. The only thing is, it looks like Dukie may be the only "eyeball" witness who saw Chris and Snoop taking someone into a vacant. I remmeber Detective Freamon saying an eyeball witness would be a major factor in tying Chris and Snoop to the killings. This may or may not cause problems for Michael -- will Marlo order him to kill Dukie?

Namond's going to be alright under Colvin's watchful eye. Namond might even try to get Michael out of the game, and help out Randy too. Randy's future is up in the air. If he survives the group home and Sgt. Carver comes through for him, he might end up back with his foster mom (if she still wants him). Or Carver might take him in. OR (I could see this too) Randy ends up at Michael's -- but Michael will be in a tough spot for backing up a "snitch" -- and again Marlo may order Michael to get rid of Randy as a message to all would-be snitches.

Damn this show raises so many possibilities, it's hard to predict what'll happen to the kids in Season 5.

Already mentioned earlier here, I wonder what will happen to the 4 corner boys in Season 5. I watched Season 4 again over 4 days (thank you HBO on demand) and noticed a lot of stuff that slipped by me the first time. Like, the endings of the first 4 shows give an indication of where the kids might end up eventually.

1st episode: ends with Randy sitting by himself on the stoop of his foster mom's house. He just heard from Lil Kevin that Lex ended up in vacant. Randy's knowledge of this and his being labelled a snitch, may determine how his life goes. The future isn't looking bright at all for the kid by the end of Season 4.

2nd episode: I think this one ends with Namond playing video games at home. It shows you his true nature -- he's better in a comfortable safe environment, and isn't made for the streets. I'm the most optimistic about his chances for survival in Season 5.

3rd episode: Ends with Dukie using the little electric fan he fixed on the girl with the razor who sliced the other girl in Prezbo's class. Dukie's story just breaks your heart, it's tough to see this bright and sensitive kid in such an unforgiving situation. The ending clearly shows that he can use his smarts to help out people he identifies with -- but he needs someone to look out for him too, whether it's Prezbo or Michael or whoever.

4th episode: Ending is Michael walking home by himself after watching Cutty drive off. This kid's suspicion of older adult males has led to make some bad choices. Cutty or Prezbo might have helped him get out of his home situation with the molester step-father. But Mike is suspicious of anyone who's "too nice" and turns to Marlo. The basic contradiction about Michael is he wanted nothing to do with Namond's package, yet Michael is now a soldier for Marlo working the same corner as Bodie.

It's tough to say how things will go for these kids in Season 5. I expect Michael's going to take on a bigger role as an enforcer for Marlo. Michael will use Dukie's smarts to build up Bodie's old corner. Dukie will get protection from Michael in return. The only thing is, it looks like Dukie may be the only "eyeball" witness who saw Chris and Snoop taking someone into a vacant. I remmeber Detective Freamon saying an eyeball witness would be a major factor in tying Chris and Snoop to the killings. This may or may not cause problems for Michael -- will Marlo order him to kill Dukie?

Namond's going to be alright under Colvin's watchful eye. Namond might even try to get Michael out of the game, and help out Randy too. Randy's future is up in the air. If he survives the group home and Sgt. Carver comes through for him, he might end up back with his foster mom (if she still wants him). Or Carver might take him in. OR (I could see this too) Randy ends up at Michael's -- but Michael will be in a tough spot for backing up a "snitch" -- and again Marlo may order Michael to get rid of Randy as a message to all would-be snitches.

Damn this show raises so many possibilities, it's hard to predict what'll happen to the kids in Season 5.

That's a great breakdown there. And yeah, the Wire is so deep that you're bound to miss something the first time and each episode almost demands a second or even third look sometimes. You might not get your fix for season 5 until a couple years, but BET is about to start playing season 1 I believe in January so you can start from the beginning.

I'm hoping this show will blow up and get all the attention and praise that it has always deserved but only gotten by a select few.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

I think Randy's situation was looking pretty fucked. (didn't his foster mom die in the fire? its a while since I watched it) I don't think he's going to be coming back.

Namond's going to get bored, rebell, and get straight into trouble.

But I think its more likely that Michael will end up having to kill Dookie, rather than Randy. As you pointed out, Dookie's the only known witness, and Michael already knows, he knows. Ya know.
    I think he'll come good. The boxing coach will come back and try straighten him out. He's been there done that kinda thing.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think Randy's situation was looking pretty fucked. (didn't his foster mom die in the fire?

Randy's foster mom was being hospitalized for severe burns, but is still alive.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Namond's going to get bored, rebell, and get straight into trouble.

But I think its more likely that Michael will end up having to kill Dookie, rather than Randy.

Michael will never harm Dukie or Randy ...Michael and Dukie are beginning a long journey together and if anything they'll save Randy's ass ....Michael has been a protector his entire life and he'll pull Randy out of his mess

I'm just trying to figure out how Cutty plays in all this becuase its obvious Michael's character is somewhat based on a young Cutty

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm just trying to figure out how Cutty plays in all this becuase its obvious Michael's character is somewhat based on a young Cutty

With Bunny's influence taking Namond under his wing, I see Cutty really grinding to do the same thing for Michael next season. But, he's gonna have to find a briliantly creative and enticing way to do it, because he knows what showing his old ass back up on the corner will get him.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

But I think its more likely that Michael will end up having to kill Dookie, rather than Randy.

Michael will never harm Dukie or Randy ...Michael and Dukie are beginning a long journey together and if anything they'll save Randy's ass ....Michael has been a protector his entire life and he'll pull Randy out of his mess

I think you confusing Michael with superman.

I would've thought the same about the yougens (Bodie etc) in the first series. But they got ordered to kill their friend, and did.
    Marlo's already questioned Michaels involvement with protecting Randy. I don't think he'd stand to see Randy back with Michael.
    Then on top of that, if the police start pressing to find evidence for the bodies and Dookie gets involved (as a pottential witness) then its gona be Michael versus Marlo, Snoop etc.

• But I think its more likely that Michael will end up having to kill Dookie, rather than Randy.

I think you confusing Michael with superman.

I would've thought the same about the yougens (Bodie etc) in the first series. But they got ordered to kill their friend, and did.
    Marlo's already questioned Michaels involvement with protecting Randy. I don't think he'd stand to see Randy back with Michael.
    Then on top of that, if the police start pressing to find evidence for the bodies and Dookie gets involved (as a pottential witness) then its gona be Michael versus Marlo, Snoop etc.

snoop and chris are fukt, if not for the murders, they got a gun off them.
    randy is gonna get tired of ass whoops, he will join michael now that he got his own corner. michael himself knows he is on the path to nowhere, dreaming away as chris was asking for the gun.
    omar is slick and patient. prop joe is upping the price from 2 to 3 for the co-op...let them find that out.
    what is marlo without snoop and chris ?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    there is NO way marlo would let randy join up with michael so if that were to happen marlo would have to be out of the picture. i don't see michael having to kill dukie just for the fact that he's too smart to get into any shit

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    That other Wire thread is good for the n00bz, I have advanced topics to discuss.

The thing that I love about Cutty is when the nurse comes in and is giving him a hard time about being a gangster, he doesn't get indignant about it. He really seems quietly amused by what she thinks, letting her straighten out the story on her own (with the help of Colvin). That's one of the reasons the ladies of west Baltimore find him so Blappable.

Another Fun Wire nugget:

The character of Lt. Dennis Mello is played by Jay Landsman,

who is the inspiration for the character Sgt. Jay Landsman (played by Delaney Williams)

• He said one of the greatest lines ever in the first season, "Don't it make your dick bust concrete to see detectives doing work." Makes me laugh everytime.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Michael will never harm Dukie or Randy

Uh...ask BOTH these dudes about that:

By the way, I love talking about The Wire but trying to GUESS what's going to happen is a fool's errand. This is one show (perhaps one of the only) where it's near impossible to know how the writers are going to go.

Which is why I prefer just to let shit unfold rather than handicapping people's mortality.

LET THE SHOW BE!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    By the way, I love talking about The Wire but trying to GUESS what's going to happen is a fool's errand. This is one show (perhaps one of the only) where it's near impossible to know how the writers are going to go.

But it's still fun to speculate.

This is my boy right here. Dude was smart. Got locked up and didn't complain, but couldn't get out of the game. I was shocked when he go it, especially how and by whom. He had some of the greatest parts in the first two seasons. He was the one that made the comparison between chess and the drug game. Plus he had that great part about Gatsby and the American dream when he was in prison.

• This is my boy right here. Dude was smart. Got locked up and didn't complain, but couldn't get out of the game.
    but he did break and was about to talk to the cops before ma barksdale swooped in and set him straight. i agree though, dangelo should have been destined for greater things.

• omar is slick and patient. prop joe is upping the price from 2 to 3 for the co-op...let them find that out.

what is marlo without snoop and chris ?
    he's still a good shot and a ruthless, calculating dude. he's a good listener, whcih makes him extra dangerous...not too headstrong. prefers to think and discuss before action. chris does happen to be his muscle and a good chunk of his counsel. what happened to the dude in the rim shop? i see marlo getting taken out though...but who's gonna do it? poot? michael? randy? bodie's ghost? mcnulty? why is chris so damn loyal to him? is he marlo's zombie?

whats canrd gonna do this next season? catch a body? get some booty?

This is my boy right here. Dude was smart. Got locked up and didn't complain, but couldn't get out of the game.
    but he did break and was about to talk to the cops before ma barksdale swooped in and set him straight. i agree though, dangelo should have been destined for greater things.

Aw shit, I forgot about that. That was one of the very first epsidoes where they put him in the box and made that shit up about the guy's kids. Turned out it was just a picture of Bunk's kids at that!

I think Omar will be safe for a while. I got the impression from that last episode that he was getting out of town for a while after he heisted the entire NY delivery. His blind guy who was his counsel though told him, "It's not over, it's not over." And it surely ain't. He can't leave B-more. He'll return and then shit will go down. The Co-op has put several million dollars on his head didn't they?

• The Co-op has put several million dollars on his head didn't they?
    thats the six million dollar man, muddafuckas!!!!!!!

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    boom, rewatching season four....is namond's mom's accent like from somewhere? seems a bit southern, but i couldn't put a location to it.

also.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/10/15/the-wire-art-dennis-culver/