System of a Down / Mezerize

13»

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i'm not a huge fan of system but i've heard enough of their material to feel that they're not as terrible as you guys make them out to be. if they came on the radio i probably wouldn't change the channel.

is there such a thing as reverse rockism?

it (nu-metal or whatever you want to call the general lump of bands from system to slipknot that may or may not sound alike) is not a genre i love but i know and respect enough people who take it seriously to give the music at least a little bit of the same respect.

(cue schnipper scolding me for liking that deftones album he never heard)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Regardless of whether someone has heard them before, this message board is a poor place to bring them up on if you have paid any attention to the board at all.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Regardless of whether someone has heard them before, this message board is a poor place to bring them up on if you have paid any attention to the board at all.

fuck that shit homie. if people here can talk about anything from american idol to big black to three six mafia why can't this dude talk about system of a down if that's what he's feeling? doesn't that fall somewhere on the spectrum?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I don't give a shit about what people talk about on here but if you think that this thread would get even a remotely positive response, you are fooling yourself.

• Regardless of whether someone has heard them before, this message board is a poor place to bring them up on if you have paid any attention to the board at all.
    yes, why talk about music on a message board dedicated to records (music?), when we could discuss NYC bagel spots. c'mon dude, it's no big deal.

• Regardless of whether someone has heard them before, this message board is a poor place to bring them up on if you have paid any attention to the board at all.
    yes, why talk about music on a message board dedicated to records (music?), when we could discuss NYC bagel spots. c'mon dude, it's no big deal.

Dude, yer the one getting mad because you have yet to realize that SOAD is fucking corny as hell. I dont care how you wanna twist it. If you relate to that type of music, it speaks volumes about your personality. Simple as that. Some shit in life is just black and white. Certain things ARE lame. No matter how much are with it, and think its cool. It probably means you are lame too. Just accept that, and move on.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Dude, yer the one getting mad because you have yet to realize that SOAD is fucking corny as hell. I dont care how you wanna twist it. If you relate to that type of music, it speaks volumes about your personality. Simple as that. Some shit in life is just black and white. Certain things ARE lame. No matter how much are with it, and think its cool. It probably means you are lame too. Just accept that, and move on.

Even if you're just being sarcastic, you are still acting like an asshole.

wow. and i'm[/b] the one getting mad? lol relax, kid. take a breath.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

fuck that shit homie. if people here can talk about anything from american idol to big black to three six mafia why can't this dude talk about system of a down if that's what he's feeling? doesn't that fall somewhere on the spectrum?

Someone finally spelled "homie" right.

YAY!!!

Okay, commence Hate-oberfest...

Someone finally spelled "homie" right.

YAY!!!

Okay, commence Hate-oberfest...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    c'mon, like People under the stairs is alot better! Whats with calling everyone who likes this idiots?

C'mon, B, your position is untenable...

hot damn! I think I wandered right into a new metal debate!!!

I dont even know what untenable means. Is that lawyer speak? can you clarify for a recording arts major?

Untenable = indefensible

I mean, have you seen that dude's facial hair?

wow. and
    i'm[/b] the one getting mad? lol relax, kid. take a breath.

Oh, nah, no hike in the blood pressure or anything. Thats just how i see it. Thats just what i was getting at in my other responses.

wow. and

Oh, nah, no hike in the blood pressure or anything. Thats just how i see it. Thats just what i was getting at in my other responses.
    that's what's up. thanks for the insightful input.

• that's what's up. thanks for the insightful input.

HA!!!

wow. and

anyone heard that new Yin Yang Twins?

• anyone heard that new Yin Yang Twins?

That new Yin Yang Twins ish is untenably fresh!

• anyone heard that new Yin Yang Twins?

That new Yin Yang Twins ish is untenably fresh!

damn right..i like when they say "dick" and "bitch"...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    System of a Down > Pap > Eighties Ladies > Madlib > Charlie Murphy > H&H > Bob Marley?

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    This whole post is a sly covert attempt by Siro_Granger to out all of the toy status fools on this site. Beware, you have been revealed. Go into hiding. Lock the doors. Don't come back until you've devised a clever alias to use.

Also this made me chuckle:

linkin part

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    System of a Down / Mezerize
    Thoughts? I dig it.

Man I aint got time for NONEATHAT.

Okay, horses for courses and all that but soul strut isn't the course for that horse, yo.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    This whole post is a sly covert attempt by Siro_Granger to out all of the toy status fools on this site. Beware, you have been revealed. Go into hiding. Lock the doors. Don't come back until you've devised a clever alias to use.

Also this made me chuckle:

linkin part

did I get called out? shit, i missed that part. I just said system of a down sounded like some out there shit! Not something id be wanting to listen to per say, but that shit sounds pretty out there! Its kinda also how I have some appreciation for uk garage music thats just some 15 year old screaming over playstation beats. Perhaps its not my thing, ...but its out there.

you know? its just music. Everyones opinion is totally subjective. And I dont see how anyones bitching about it not being a board appropriate discussion. The next thread down is about kelly osborne!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i think he was joking about that man

• System of a Down > Pap > Eighties Ladies > Madlib > Charlie Murphy > H&H > Bob Marley?

Things are appearing suspect lately. Yes??

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    I like it a lot and I'm unapologetic. And this thread reminded me of just how many fucking morons are on this board and why I barely bother to check it anymore. During that stupid Pap shit I seriously checked to see if there was a link to just delete my account because that day I was embarassed to be on this board. So basically, I'd like to say "fuck you" to 90% of you on here. Whoever compared the board these days to a college frat was dead on the money. Good day!

• Whoever compared the board these days to a college frat was dead on the money.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Happy to say I've never heard a System of a Down song before, and I hope to keep it that way. Fuck all that new metal bullshit.

Mad Corny.

Same goes here. Never heard it but now I'm dying to.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I like it a lot and I'm unapologetic. And this thread reminded me of just how many fucking morons are on this board and why I barely bother to check it anymore. During that stupid Pap shit I seriously checked to see if there was a link to just delete my account because that day I was embarassed to be on this board. So basically, I'd like to say "fuck you" to 90% of you on here. Whoever compared the board these days to a college frat was dead on the money. Good day!

oh come on man. you'll be back! try to leave! just try it!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

these guys have some serious fuckin chops and put in good work

you need to check for these dudes:

dillinger escape plan. chops fo days. no funny beards.

These guys are pretty good. I find a lot of these new metal bands have got their muso game tight, but SOAD sound like they've listened to a little too much Jethro Tull for my tastes.