Common & Gap (oooof!)

2»

Comments

• I HEART SHANNYN SOSSAMON.

She reinforces all my anti hipster girl/actor/celebrity DJ stances.

That commercial is definitely on some next level corniness, even to the point of being embarrassing. Still, she's beautiful and that makes up for hipster stances. Is she a celebrity DJ? Someone spare me a google search.

yeah, she's a "celebrity dj" - there was an interview I read on her a year or so back and that was a big part of it - how she's so 'versatile' etc. etc. etc.

and quite frankly, just because I want to stick my penis in some girl's vagina does not make up for hipster stances and celebrity DJ status. Just like conscious raps do not make up for shilling for the Gap.

• Honestly, aside from the fact that Gap is a very bad company, I dont think this is a terrible look for common. Lets face it, all of his albums have come from an honest and real place. While he does OK, there is not a lot of money in art. So he does a commercial. It really isnt a bad song, and I gurantee that he'll get a lot of new fans from this.

My girl, who started luuuvvving common a year ago, HATED this. She didnt get why I thought it was almost cool. I had to remind her that Ive been following his music for ten years. Besides he always claims to be a hippocrite.

• gap does more for those in poverty than any of you phony bitches. So what if they use child labour? its not like they are driving around in gapmobiles snatching frolicking children. The kids go to these factories because they need the fucking money you herbs. I really doubt theyd appreciate 'compassionate' liberals working to destroy a much needed source of income because it offends their lefty sensibilities. Props to common and the gap and fuck the haterz!

• It's a celebration like Dave Chapizell/kissing under the missell

someone please just tell me what this means!?!

"It's a celebration" is one of the more famous lines from Dave Chappelle's Rick James sketch.

Does he really say Chapizell? The more I listen to it it sounds like "Shamp Ipple." I think he actually says "Chap pipple" I don't hear any z's. I even thought it might be "like Dave Chap and Pitbull" thinking that maybe Pitbull had a celebration song I didn't know about. No matter how many times I replay that part it still sounds mumbled. It really sounds like "Shamp pipple."

I bet he makes more money on Gap ads and the Know HIV/AIDS campaign than he does on music. Maybe he does the Know ads for free. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gap ads pay more than album sales do these days.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    which lead me to think that ALL these "activist rappers" are really never following their own words...Jeru, where ya at???!!!

..drinking snapples...

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

So if you were an artist, how much would Gap have to pay you to say "Peace, Love, and Gap"?

If I was an artist, particularly one who aspired to be take seriously, I simply wouldn't do it.

"It's a celebration" is one of the more famous lines from Dave Chappelle's Rick James sketch.

Does he really say Chapizell? The more I listen to it it sounds like "Shamp Ipple." I think he actually says "Chap pipple" I don't hear any z's. I even thought it might be "like Dave Chap and Pitbull" thinking that maybe Pitbull had a celebration song I didn't know about. No matter how many times I replay that part it still sounds mumbled. It really sounds like "Shamp pipple."

After further listening, he is definitely saying "Shamp pipple".

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    It's a celebration like Dave Chapizell/kissing under the missell

heard it the first time

wack enough as it is

It's "cham-pipple". That's ghetto slang / ebonics for champagne, which you usually pop when you celebrate something. And the other part is "kissing under the Mizell", which means that Common is kissing someone or something whilst one of the Mizell brothers, Fonce or Larry, is on top or over top of him. I think he pronounced the name wrong, but trust me, that's what he's talking about there.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    makes at least more sense with the campagne thing

the mizell bros reference is one for the realschitters