BATTLESTAR GALACTICA APPRECIATION THREAD

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
YOU GOTTA HAVE AN AVATAR FROM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA TO POST UP IN THIS THREADTHE REST OF YOU MUFUCKAZ MOVE THE FUCK ON OUT OF HERECHYEAH

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    fuck an avatar. BG is the real schitt though. Best show on television.

Although I wasn't feeling the latest episode. Some "that character would never do that" shit went down .

• HELL YES. This show has been kicking ass since day 1. Couple slow patches in Season 2, but Season 3 has been firing on all cylinders. Nothing beats that fucking Galactica rescue episode.

• I just ordered this from netflizzo. Should I get my hopes up??? I recently brokedown and dove headfirst into nerddom and waded through the orginal star trek series. Damn good.

• Do you bother comparing it to the original series? Cuz ... I cherish the campiness and humor of the original so seeing the show kinda taking itself too seriously turned me off. Looks like I need to give it another chance.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I just ordered this from netflizzo. Should I get my hopes up??? I recently brokedown and dove headfirst into nerddom and waded through the orginal star trek series. Damn good.
    The new battle star galactica is one of the best TV shows I have ever seen.

• Do you bother comparing it to the original series? Cuz ... I cherish the campiness and humor of the original so seeing the show kinda taking itself too seriously turned me off. Looks like I need to give it another chance.

honestly, I never really watched the original series. I have the OG TV movie, which is dope, but they totally re-envisioned the whole thing for the new series. It definitely takes itself more seriously, but I feel like it added a sense of urgency about the humans situation that the OG lacked. Like "how the fuck are they gonna get out of this" nailbiting type urgency. But the OG was badass for the time it came out. I still look at it and think "damn, that's some serious EFX for 1979 TV".

And it seriously is the best show on TV - and I don't even own one. My homegirl who is a TV junkie thinks it's better than Lost and Heroes (a close 2nd).

T*** - you will be very happy you netflixed.

• Although I wasn't feeling the latest episode. Some "that character would never do that" shit went down .

which character? cause hella fools went through some heavy psychological shit.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    i was so apprehensive about this show.
    on some "can't really mess with the corny/greatness" of the first.
    then my local vid store cleark with taste said 'watch it"
    and this shit is fucking so great. Almost every episode a total winner.

If you have not partooken...then do partake. Best thing on the TV in forever and a day.

• it's way way for sure

I'm a TV junkie, too, and I would definitely say it's the best show on TV right now, and one of the best shows ever made, SF or otherwise. Kicks Lost's ass, and i've been a Lost diehard from day 1.

Don't even bother thinking of the original...it's a totally different show in almost all aspects. Much more of a political/military drama that happens to take place in space.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    All I have to say about Battlestar Gallactica is when the og replica toys came out they shot little red missiles. Then some kid choked on one and died from it, so the og toys were recalled and the ones they were replaced with had red missiles that no longer detatched themselves from the ships. They only moved out a little bit and made a clicking sound. That in many ways signalled the end of rational society to me, only to be replaced by the buttmunch wishes of insurance companies and concerned moms.