the clipse lp is that PFFFFF!

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Deej when did you start writing for GQ? Congrats!

lol x infinity
    clipse = that piff
    hatteurs, step down

moderhatters, stand up
    and be counted

all hail the mighty Aser
    128k was not holding it down till the 28th

that said, 320+k on the 28th is gonna be hella thweet

btw, this thread has now achieved classic thweet lol x infinity status
    between the misunderstandings in rap lyrics and their explanations
    and really Bsides, did you not get the label politics-related album title?

seriously now, come on

THE 28TH GONNA BE
    HELLA THWEET

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

all hail the mighty Aser
    128k was not holding it down till the 28th

that said, 320+k on the 28th is gonna be hella thweet

btw, this thread has now achieved classic thweet lol x infinity status
    between the misunderstandings in rap lyrics and their explanations
    and really Bsides, did you not get the label politics-related album title?

seriously now, come on

THE 28TH GONNA BE
    HELLA THWEET

really now, i didnt get it. I guess im a moron. Anyway i need a better quality rip of this shit.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    There's no ellipsis after "Hell Hath No Fury" so they must be commenting on hell's absolute lack of fury.

• The Clipse cheerleaders seem unable to admit that these knuckleheads chose the phrase based mostly (solely?) on the fact that it "sounds cool."

I mean, if it were a FEMALE rapper who had been jerked by her label and was coming back mad, OK "Hell hath no fury" is sorta clever I guess.

But for the Clipse to use it is just ignorant.

To take another hackneyed phrase, "Man's Best Friend" for a Snoop Dogg album would be AYOOOO, but at least would make sense. For a rapper whose name is unrelated to "dogs," it would make no sense.

This terd Clipse title is a similar example. The phrase "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" is about "a woman scorned." That's the subject of the phrase. "Hell hath no fury" is just the description of said subject, and as such makes no sense in the context of two rappers pissed at their label.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

The Clipse cheerleaders seem unable to admit that these knuckleheads chose the phrase based mostly (solely?) on the fact that it "sounds cool."

I mean, if it were a FEMALE rapper who had been jerked by her label and was coming back mad, OK "Hell hath no fury" is sorta clever I guess.

To take another hackneyed phrase, "Man's Best Friend" for a Snoop Dogg album would be AYOOOO, but at least would make sense. For a rapper whose name is unrelated to "dogs," it would make no sense.

This terd Clipse title is a similar example. The phrase "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" is about "a woman scorned." That's the subject of the phrase. "Hell hath no fury" is just the description of said subject, and as such makes no sense in the context of two rappers pissed at their label.

There's no other way to say this: you are starting to appear ass-hurt.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i like it. its catchy, maybe a little dark, but still i can listen to it a bunch of times and it still tickles my cochlea.

the plex phors deciphering is for y'all that dont have nuthin else to do.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

The Clipse cheerleaders seem unable to admit that these knuckleheads chose the phrase based mostly (solely?) on the fact that it "sounds cool."

Starting?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I'll cop this on wax. I even like most of the production. Can't wait to hear this on something better than my dinky laptop speakers.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the 192 rip sounds better, but there are skips and errors all throughout it.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

it's clearly a break up record.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    also i'm pretty sure the 192 rip is just the old rip reencoded.

• The Clipse cheerleaders seem unable to admit that these knuckleheads chose the phrase based mostly (solely?) on the fact that it "sounds cool."

Starting?

hey, I'm just waiting for someone to hit me with all those 'phors that went over my head. I've been eating Ginko pills, listening to Soundbombing and doing soduku all day to sharpen my mind. I think I may just be ready to understand the "lyrical labyrinths" that these guys are spitting.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I think I may just be ready to understand the "lyrical labyrinths jihad"

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    also i'm pretty sure the 192 rip is just the old rip reencoded.

yup you are right. I checked, the blips are at the exact same spots.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Deej when did you start writing for GQ? Congrats!

lol x infinity
    clipse = that piff
    hatteurs, step down
    this 'lol' doesnt make sense bcuz 1) the gq thing is hilarious bcuz of hipster dickriding 2) I'm not all about the clipse album 3) I don't say shit like "is it me, or does rap song x sound like indie song y?"

lol

• 1) the gq thing is hilarious bcuz of hipster dickriding

This gets my nomination for the WTF statement of the day.

• hackneyed

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    "Hell Hath No Fury strikes a brilliant balance between futurism and nostalgia. It's an album of lyrics-driven hip-hop in the spirit of east coast rap's early '90s heyday, but it's also powered by the noisiest, meanest, most space-age production the Neptunes have ever served up."

(Source)

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

it's clearly a break up record.

see thats what i was saying in the first place. SHit is deep.

• I just have to praise this album again. I can't remember the last time I've listened to an album back-to-back so many times. Definitely picking this up when it's released.

Thanks for posting those videos, Drewn.

"you're not supposed to get it in 3 seconds"

-Pharrell, circa 2001?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I just have to praise this album again. I can't remember the last time I've listened to an album back-to-back so many times. Definitely picking this up when it's released.

I'm saying. This shit is really good.

• I just have to praise this album again. I can't remember the last time I've listened to an album back-to-back so many times. Definitely picking this up when it's released.

Out of curiousity, what rap where you listening to 2 years ago?

Yeh-yeh...the most interesting part to me is their folks talking. On the surface, seems like a pretty middle-class gig to me.

Are The Clipse penning crack sale fairy tales or are the parents just SUPER disconnected from what their boys are up to?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Yeh-yeh...the most interesting part to me is their folks talking. On the surface, seems like a pretty middle-class gig to me.

Are The Clipse penning crack sale fairy tales or are the parents just SUPER disconnected from what their boys are up to?

I feel you

then again it could be a result of '' here's a new house with our new record money''

Out of curiousity, what rap where you listening to 2 years ago?

After he answers this question, could you answer it too?