behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
hit Ctrl Option Apple 8its fucking cool

Comments

• hit Ctrl Option Apple 8

its fucking cool

woah!

• I'm trippin.

• haha... a friend of mine told me he goes into the apple store and does that to the computer with the most expensive monitor and watches the clerks freak out!

this is also a good way to read people's myspace page that have crazy layouts

• yep ... thats a goody. Sometimes my eyes burn out reading a lot of white text on black backgrounds ... this will come in handy.

Thanks.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    haha... a friend of mine told me he goes into the apple store and does that to the computer with the most expensive monitor and watches the clerks freak out!

• thats pretty cool. I can't wait to mess with my friend's ibook. My uncle was a programmer for some computer company back in the 80's and taught me this basic program that would send those old command based computers of old into a endless counting cycle. I think I remember it...

10 a=1
    20 b=a*a
    30 print b
    40 a=a+1
    50 goto 20
    60 end
    run

I think thats right.... Shit was funny as hell to watch the librarians at my elementary school freak the fuck out and reboot the systems. Ah the good old days. Used to play the shit out of "Oregon Trail." Even beat it once.

• hit Ctrl Option Apple 8

its fucking cool

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    hey Tricky thats
    dope like heroin
    what else ya got fer us apple dudes/dudettes ?

• thats pretty cool
    what else is there?

• i cant stream Real Audio ( the files they use at www.undergroundhiphop.com etc.), cause my macbook cant read RA3 codec audio files. i got realplayer, i??ve updated it to newest version, but im still stuck.

help me.

man

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    hit Ctrl Option Apple 8

its fucking cool
    that's ill!
    (the graemlins look crazee)

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    You Rool!

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts

This is like internet shades

My new default computer mode is gonna be utter darkness w/hit Ctrl Option Apple 8.

• montymonty 420 Posts

• i cant stream Real Audio ( the files they use at www.undergroundhiphop.com etc.), cause my macbook cant read RA3 codec audio files. i got realplayer, i??ve updated it to newest version, but im still stuck.

I PM'd you a detailed response. But, as this is a common problem with Intel Macs, I'll share the simple, "most likely to fix" version.

Open Applications folder
    CTL-Click on RealPlayer Icon
    Choose "Get Info"
    Check the box labelled "Open using Rosetta"

Should work ... it did for me. I tested it out on undergroundhiphop.com ... great place , by the way. My friend Jeremy manages the Boston shop.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    apple + option and the plus or minus sign = zoom in

but you might have to go to Preferences >> Universal Access to turn it on

I like that one a lot.

• apple + option and the plus or minus sign = zoom in

me likey

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Ah the good old days. Used to play the shit out of "Oregon Trail." Even beat it once.

Damn!

I forgot about that game man... I used to pretend to be working but I would be running that shit in the backround non stop in middle school.

• Zoom way in and then hit option+apple+8 (no ctrl) (yes homo) a bunch of times.

woah.

• Zoom way in and then hit option+apple+8 (no ctrl)

You sure? ... on mine option+apple+8 just turns off the zoom function.

• erm, right, it kinda zooms in and out and gives you a headache. pretty cool. right guys....guys.....

• If you zoom way in, stare at a word, then do the CTL-Option-Apple-8 color blitz out back and forth quickly ... well, you blitz out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• buhbuhbuh wait:

bust it:

hit ctrl+apple+D with your cursor over any word on your screen.

• OK ... you got me. Do I have to turn something on or am I doing this wicked wrong?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    yea what gives?

• You need to have OSX 10.4 or newer installed for the ctrl+apple+D thing. It brings up and Oxford dictionary definition of any word your cursor is hovering over.

• Aha ... its a Safari thing. It doesn't seem to work in Firefox ... for me anyway.

• buhbuhbuh wait:

bust it:

hit ctrl+apple+D with your cursor over any word on your screen.

Dude!