weekday findings and such 11/13+

2»

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Congrats on that.

Curious... How does The Awakening's "Mirage" Lp stack-up against "Hear, Sense, & Feel?"

Here's review of each.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=82
    http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=83

• nice score! I need that Alan Shorter- Orgasm album. Byron Morris too.

got damn man! nice work... :jealous graemlin:

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Moved and seconded then.

FAKE FINDZ ALERT deactivated.

Sorry for the false alarm everyone.

My fakefindometer is giving me a 700 reading in the 1-1000 scale. The facts are still not clear.

QUARENTINE.

• Wow, holy fuck dude. [mylatency] I cry. [/mylatency]

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I smoke crack. Is that clear enough?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I smoke crack. Is that clear enough?

Did you bring that crate back home on a bicycle?

• Some goodies from the past couple of weeks. Haven't done much digging lately as I'm without turntables at the minute, but anyway:

Anyone know anything about that Burning Soul record? It's all pretty standard classic soul covers, but it's got this cover of "Purple Haze" that just zooms out of nowhere and tears everything to pieces! Sick!

That Damon Ricker is a weird one too. It seems to be an instructional record, and it's got Mel Lewis playing drums. The first track on the A-side is a mother of a funky workout. Any info?

- J

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

That Damon Ricker is a weird one too. It seems to be an instructional record, and it's got Mel Lewis playing drums. The first track on the A-side is a mother of a funky workout. Any info?

- J

seen it on eBay before. being sold as breakbeatraer. must have been 4 years ago... isn't it a dutch rekkid?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

Anyone know anything about that Burning Soul record? It's all pretty standard classic soul covers, but it's got this cover of "Purple Haze" that just zooms out of nowhere and tears everything to pieces! Sick!

- J

pretty sure the Flames LP is a South African band?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

- J

seen it on eBay before. being sold as breakbeatraer. must have been 4 years ago... isn't it a dutch rekkid?

definitely not a dutch record.

ricker teaches at Eastman.
    a tune from the one you found was put on a ubiquity comp a while back.
    there are at least 6 volumes in the instructional series... some have some cool moments.
    i have one that has a tune or two that i like- if anyone is interested it's avail.

peace.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    nice finds yall
    8000 is a whole lot to transport

• nice finds yall
    8000 is a whole lot to transport

The board sheds a collective tear

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    Last weekend finds but it was on my vacation in Colorado Springs...

• Anyone know anything about that Burning Soul record? It's all pretty standard classic soul covers, but it's got this cover of "Purple Haze" that just zooms out of nowhere and tears everything to pieces! Sick!
    i have another of theirs called "soulfire!", and from the photo on the back, im 95% sure they are from India. this one is also a collection of groovy stuff, some covers, and a few tracks go way off into crazy land.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    God related comeups!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Goodwill tonight.

Bowling alley terd. Lovely awful version of Proud Mary.

THE DRUMMER

Found these inside the sleeve:
    (1968 hippy newspaper)

(K-tel t-shirts)

Xterdian

For some reason the back cover shot made me think of Crink?

Song poem terd. (double)

BACK

Actually, a really great bluegrass rakord.

This might the most PROG record I've ever heard. I don't know.

...but I love how he wrecks Fripp and Eno's "powder" room.

Had high hopes for this Beggars Banquet 12"

it sucks.

Always pick up the quality classical jawns

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• picturing someone ordering the "Stupid" shirt...

ya know...they dont make generic-yet-non-ironic shirts anymore. just: "Motocross" ...thats awesome.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    goodwill:

danny taylor - taylor made : prvt press folky xian. one funky sounding cut. not bad not good.

impressions - its all right : finally got a copy of this where i didnt have to pay any money! three of the most fucked up grills on a cover of a jacket though. awesome music....

organized konfusion - who stole my last piece of chicken

maestro fresh wes - how many styles

hard knocks - n***a for hire

biggie - party and bullshit rmxs

and like 20 other rap 12s (madkap, ador, brand nubian, mysterme, etc)

• The Inner City shit I got is horrible.

• That Damon Ricker is a weird one too. It seems to be an instructional record, and it's got Mel Lewis playing drums. The first track on the A-side is a mother of a funky workout. Any info?

- J

The one track is very very "braekbeatraerish", the rest is pretty boring (from what I can remember. I love how the guy counts it off before every single track. 1 - 2 - 3 - 4, 1-2 - 3 - 4, 123 - 4.

The Flames are from India!? Cool. I figure it was well worth 1??, just for the Purple Haze cover. It's very good. Soundclips to come in a future mp3-thread.

Thanks for the info. I knew I could count on the Strut.

- J

• damn i finally found some records yesterday:

for $3 each I got:

and

and for $4 each I got (I know, funny prices):

A fresh minty copy of

and because I felt like i needed something mediocre with a nice cover of zambezi:

img src="http://www.parisdjs.com/images/covers/loik_swingyourlife/The_Soulful_Strings-String_Fever_b.jpg"