Best Library LP ever?

13»

Comments

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    yes Mr Grope. It was too academic, i know...
    and Kinetic, no it's not in the same vein. Sounds more like euro pop shit. Nice food for MPC. That's it.

PS : i don't think people could talk like that in real life...i didn't meet one personally, but if you do, i'd like to talk about stats so you know...

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    i really like blackout on rouge

and the Conroy PERCUSSION LP eHuffman just sold me is also Sick

here are some libs i copped over the summer i nposted these before-on record day

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    maybe my favorite all time RECORD, let alone Lib.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    i have yet to hear any jenko that i didn't like

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    maybe my favorite all time RECORD, let alone Lib.

oh hell yeah

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Supra-Pop is not bad either (MP16). Now someone said that janko is always good to go, well i wouldn't advice anyone to buy "images musicales enfantines" on Editions Musicales Neuilly. Unless you want to open a merry-go-round...

Mr Yann Tregger. the Pop World of Yann Tregger. Heatrock.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    some more

espace et actualite (mpi)
    electronic age (studio g)
    structures percussions (psi)
    electro sounds volume two (telemusic)
    strange world of b fevre (im)
    sounds industrial (im)

• Y'all got it wrong.
    The Vincent Geminagi / Paris Percussion Ensemble (shown in the bottom left of photo) record is not the same as the Pop Percussion LP which was indeed the library you are all correct on! Hippies!

• some that i like...big fan of jackie giordano. The allesandro lp is really good mellow drama type shit.
    it's been so long since i revisited my libes.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I need a copy of Blueprint.

• "Dance floor" libraries are facsimile funk. Unlistenable style studies. Shoe store prattle.
    For me, library records are good only when they are out electronics or pure mood shading.
    Basil Kirchin and Egisto Macchi come to mind.

Some UK or French studio guy playing "funky stuff" pales miserably when you hoist a real US funk 45 on the turntable.
    You can have chops but still miss the point when it comes to funk music.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Notice there was no one named Horst in the JB's.

• 6 faves from my stall:

"Now Generation" features a gr8 boogie secret-weapon
    "Pollution" has the greatest syko cover of em all and drums
    "Jonny Teupen" excelent on Key Largo and home town alert
    "Exciting Nights" the song "100.000 volts" is killing it
    "Well Organised" smooth workout & crisp drums
    "Action & Tension & Space" what a evil stormer

• "Dance floor" libraries are facsimile funk. Unlistenable style studies. Shoe store prattle.
    For me, library records are good only when they are out electronics or pure mood shading.

Some UK or French studio guy playing "funky stuff" pales miserably when you hoist a real US funk 45 on the turntable.
    You can have chops but still miss the point when it comes to funk music.

although not library lps...but might as well be, would you go as far to say cortex,placebo, "pales miserably" ?
    i dont have too many library lps that try to play " us funk" they are usually along the lines of jazz.
    there are many good ones but for the most part, im not a big fan of funk 45s...i always end up back to square 1. james brown.
    to each his own i guess..

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm still kicking myself in the ass for trading away Pollution and Bite Hard.

• to each his own i guess..

Exactly what it all comes down to.
    Would "square two" then be Kool & the Gang (your screen name)?

• to each his own i guess..

Exactly what it all comes down to.
    Would "square two" then be Kool & the Gang (your screen name)?

ha ha...you got it. not sure if its is true but, i once read that james brown said the only other group fuckin' with his was kool and the gang, on point to say the least.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    a lot of folks hearld the electronic libraries, and i like some of them too, but my favorite libraries are skewed hybrids. the ones where all of sudden an accordion, harp, or flamenco guitar comes out of nowhere or where an easy listening track introduces a breakbeat with some dude blowing a free jazz solo (check daniel janin mpi no. 43 for this). libraries that might sound like they take a wrong turn, but its just a really weird detour.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

"Exciting Nights" the song "100.000 volts" is killing it

selling my copy for 20 USD. anyone?

• Yo Grope,

I put up a soundfile of 100.000 volts here:

Burt Sandford - 100.000 Volts

Just to let ppl know how beatiful they switched the song from an up-tempo cinematic 60's easy tune to some special jazzy up-tempo track. I love the moogy 60's feel with the strings and if the horns come in - blow!

I think 20 to 30 is reasonable, I only saw it 2 times popping up - you?

Greetings,

Jens

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Nice.

Egisto Macchi - Voix (Gemelli) is a good listen.