International Soulstrut

13»

Comments

• Hi. I'm Norwegian. I post on SOuLsTrUt when I'm bored at school. Today I even posted some finds in the midweek-finds thread. Fantastic.

Peace to m_dejean and Grope (when are you coming to England dude? I'm saving up for a digging trip in the Spring perhaps? Holleraten via meine PM, RAUS!!) and all other European guys on here.

To the lurkers that are intimidated by the US dudes: talk about some local raers, discuss sandwiches and don't ask why you're being made fun off because you spelled something wrong. Speaking with a dialect means you know TWO languages after all, the same thing goes for writing...

- J

• I would really like to know more about Italian music...

here I am........ I think there is one other guy from italy on here, but surely I'm the one loud

Adriano Celentano music has never been labeled or marketed "funky" in italy.....

like most of his peers he was a "pop-rock" singer from the 60's that in the 70's used to sing tunes arranged in the fashion of that time:

here is an example: http://www.blaxploitation.com/s_223.html

in some ways he could be compared to James Brown for the way they both started other people careers producing their records/tv shows in the 70's, for the way they built their own "public image" and for theirs questionable political choices....

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts

Und hier noch ein Special f??r die verkiffte Deutsch-Raer Fraktion hier :-)

WennDu...

• hows that cd/dvd coming?

Product will be available through CARHARTT retail chain stores, Groove Attack
    and selected national shops, like fe. Overkill Berlin.
    and of course my paypal account[/b]
    The price should be around 15.- EUR, that may differ from store to store due
    to retail shares...

Und hier noch ein Special f??r die verkiffte Deutsch-Raer Fraktion hier :-)
    WennDu...

bist du f??r alle stets smartie? ich fall gleich vom stuhl!

• as far as Polish records go, I think String Beat is a ridiculously over-hyped record...I have it, its good, but I dont listen to it nearly as much as my Maryla Rodowiecz, Neimen, Grupa ABC or Komeda records.

60s italian pop and soundtracks is where it is for me as far as italian jernts go...

just have a couple Belgian records, Marc Aryan ("Libertie" is that good shit) and Sergio Popovski has some good tracks, even if they are a bit supper club sounding.

I heart Euro records.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    as far as Polish records go, I think String Beat is a ridiculously over-hyped record...I have it, its good, but I dont listen to it nearly as much as my Maryla Rodowiecz, Neimen, Grupa ABC or Komeda records.

i sold my copy and i hate myself for it. i need string beat again. you're right though. it is over-hyped. shouldn't be more expensive than Grupa ABC.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    France right here...located near Bapt...lol.
    Italian music lover too. Specially OST and library composers. French pop addict too. And yes most of what y'all call funky tunes are just pop shit around here. Funny that y'all was talkin about Adriano. I sampled dude and sold the beat to babygrande in January 2006. It ended up there : http://www.myspace.com/oschamp. Track was called Spanish Fly.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    i dont speak a word french

any french strutters able to translate these titles...?

• WHEEEOHHWWW????

I like what I heard there, mean the OuterSpace shiz...

Props!

SC

• Many of the polish/muza lps that I have checked have that special groovy/funky sound and they can get me hyped for minute when I'm drunk or high but they bore me in the long run......one of my favourites on muza is this one, some people might disagree because we have different tastes:

and here's a couple random pics of some euro records that I had in my photobucket inbox to entertain you.....

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i dont speak a word french

any french strutters able to translate these titles...?

Godchild!

Damn Mr Pierric is following me everywhere...This is Godchild. "L'enfant de dieu" in french. So you want translation for the titles, here it is :

-Koun'Toukoupakvis not french language. I actually don't think it's a language but an onomatopae. Like Boom Bap. It's like ting clak o clak...sounds of drums basically.
    -Chut B??b?? Dort means "shush, baby is sleeping".
    -Dans Ce Cas L?? Oui means "in that case, then yes".
    -Retour De Flamme means "flame return" literraly but it's the translation for "backdraft" 'look at the movie if you don't know...lol).
    -Ne Parlons Pas De Rien means "let's not talk about nothing". This is non-sense of course, but most titles are anyway.
    -Reveil Matin means "alarm clock"...thats how french call the clock that wake them up in the morning (matin=morning).
    -Il Ne S'est Rien Pass?? means "nothing happened"

-Pas Un Brin De Vent means "not a inch of wind" or whatever american expression that means there's no kind of wind in this area.
    -Quatre Pas Et Demi means "4 steps and a half".
    -Ne Le Refais Jamais Plus means "don't ever do it again".
    -Perdigouna means nothing as far as i know. A word they came up with.
    -Un Bouquet de Cerise means "a bouquet of cherish" or "a cherish bouquet" (see flowers in google for bouquet definition).
    -Pastagan is a portuguese word. Don't mean shit in french.
    La Tete Qui Bout means "the boiling head".

Voil??.

thx bro'...

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

Are people still czeching for that Titti LP w/Spridda Skurar? I found one at a local flea market and was a bit disappointed, even the break had nothing special to it.

Damn Mr Pierric is following me everywhere...This is Godchild. "L'enfant de dieu" in french. So you want translation for the titles, here it is :

-Koun'Toukoupakvis not french language. I actually don't think it's a language but an onomatopae. Like Boom Bap. It's like ting clak o clak...sounds of drums basically.
    -Chut B??b?? Dort means "shush, baby is sleeping".
    -Dans Ce Cas L?? Oui means "in that case, then yes".
    -Retour De Flamme means "flame return" literraly but it's the translation for "backdraft" 'look at the movie if you don't know...lol).
    -Ne Parlons Pas De Rien means "let's not talk about nothing". This is non-sense of course, but most titles are anyway.
    -Reveil Matin means "alarm clock"...thats how french call the clock that wake them up in the morning (matin=morning).
    -Il Ne S'est Rien Pass?? means "nothing happened"

-Pas Un Brin De Vent means "not a inch of wind" or whatever american expression that means there's no kind of wind in this area.
    -Quatre Pas Et Demi means "4 steps and a half".
    -Ne Le Refais Jamais Plus means "don't ever do it again".
    -Perdigouna means nothing as far as i know. A word they came up with.
    -Un Bouquet de Cerise means "a bouquet of cherish" or "a cherish bouquet" (see flowers in google for bouquet definition).
    -Pastagan is a portuguese word. Don't mean shit in french.
    La Tete Qui Bout means "the boiling head".

Voil??.

THANKS A LOT,..... this is a real NICE piece of wax, and wow the titles are cool too!!!
    very apreciated

heres some more international eastern euro deeeeep crates SH*T, enjoy.......

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=704AE07D11E2AF24

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

That mp3 seems to be fucked up, R*s. The sound keeps glitching.

That mp3 seems to be fucked up, R*s. The sound keeps glitching.

ok thanks, yeah yousendit seems to be fucked up right now, maybe due to heavy trafic(??), i'll try posting a new link tomorrow..

• hola from Spain!