International Soulstrut

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i got given a mix with some jerzy milian 'Bazar W Aszchabadzie' nice hypnotic vibes. stuff is re-issued by cosmic sounds muza.
    but whats the og ?
    where should i look for ?

muza. yellow cover. not the bazaar one. check the ish features. i think it's in there. it's a very expensive record.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    is that one of your ish ues ?

any luck with proper dealers ?

and something else, who is coming to utrecht in december ?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I'm here reppin' Taiwan, Japan and Australia...

Australian records are pretty much done to death, 90% of shit just doesn't hold it up... no one ever wants Don Burrows or Daly Wilson $1 records no more, The "basic" Japan stuff is played to death too... but there's heat out there like Zerosen, etc...

I will post some Taiwan stuff soon...

B

• Belgium is represented aswell. I'm very interested in Euro stuff, but I got more questions than answers about this stuff. Anyways, here are two more obscure Belgian 45's:

Johnny Pub - Wij Gaan Naar de Finale

This guy only made records for his local soccer club I think. The B-side is called Smoke and is a great funky tune. Ungoogleable though. I don't have this 7" myself but downloaded the soundfiles/sleeve picture from ebay (should 've bought it actually.)

http://download.yousendit.com/9A341A3E364F309F

The MacDavid Brothers - Panky's Boogooloo[/b]

Uptempo hammond jazzfunk track on blue vinyl. It was written by Leo Caerts, a well known piano player in Belgium (he has a music instruments store in my hometown, Leuven and has his own brands of piano's). It's also out on 12", recordkingz has it. I got doubles of the 45.

http://download.yousendit.com/9BDBDF0106D0A262

• By the way Grope, I just noticed you're selling that Noises LP by Marc Moulin on his Kamikaze label. Funny Thing, because I actually wanted to ask you about that label. I have KAM 2 (Fred Van Hove & Cel Overberghe - with strings Lp - free jazz) and heard about Aksak Maboul (KAM 1 - http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4851586220) before, but I'd never seen that noises Lp, nor the original cover of the Tueurs de La Lune de Miel Lp (KAM 3 http://www.crammed.be/crammed/103/index.htm, this is a later pressing on Crammed).

Do you know how the aksak maboul and tueurs de la lune de miel sound? The records are pretty hyped among Belgian collectors, but I never heard them.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    By the way Grope, I just noticed you're selling that Noises LP by Marc Moulin on his Kamikaze label. Funny Thing, because I actually wanted to ask you about that label. I have KAM 2 (Fred Van Hove & Cel Overberghe - with strings Lp - free jazz) and heard about Aksak Maboul (KAM 1 - http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4851586220) before, but I'd never seen that noises Lp, nor the original cover of the Tueurs de La Lune de Miel Lp (KAM 3 http://www.crammed.be/crammed/103/index.htm, this is a later pressing on Crammed).

Do you know how the aksak maboul and tueurs de la lune de miel sound? The records are pretty hyped among Belgian collectors, but I never heard them.

i don't know the others. i didn't even know the marc moulin on kamikaze. i found it and decided to sell it immediately. i was hoping to get some money for it. but it seems to be unpopular...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    was ist loss Grope

i hear you have a euro raer for me..

• i don't know the others. i didn't even know the marc moulin on kamikaze. i found it and decided to sell it immediately. i was hoping to get some money for it. but it seems to be unpopular...

I don't know if it's unpopular, I think it's just unknown. A friend of mine once heard the record and he told me it's really experimental, so I think it's normal the record is less popular than e.g. Placebo.
    But do you know the story behind the label? It was founded by Marc Moulin and a producer named Paul Evrard (who produced some pop/rock stuff aswell). They called the label Kamikaze, because the label'd probably destruct itself, because of the music being free jazz/experimental and therefore unpopular in those days. That guy, Evrard, had a jazz show on a local radio station and once brought in his entire record collection into a small record store over here (before I was buying records). That same friend of mine I was talking about was allowed to borrow the record from the store owner (he asked 30 euros for it) to listen to it, and the store owner told him the story about the label. It was also the same store where I bought the Fred Van Hove & Cel Overberghe record on Kamikaze.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    You are building a reputation as a complainer.

Is that so? And what is the basis of this indepth analysis? When it comes to being a grumpy fart, I'm hardly one of the heavies on SS.

Grope, just to add some of the Mediterranean flavour you're seeking, here's a picture of a crappy spanish progfusion record:

Sorry, I haven't found any euro stuff worth mentioning lately. The latest non-US record I bought was Sadao Watanabe "Paysages" from '71 on Japanese CBS/Sony.

Bitches Brew-biting noodle jazz. OK, not exceptional.

• Does anybody know off any funk/jazz groove records from Luxembourg? I was thinking about this once when I was searching the internet for records from Belgium's neighbouring countries, but didn't find anything about records from Luxembourg. Anybody ever went there for digging?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i was actually just trying to get some US members to speak up. and european members to speak up. i still don't know why there aren't any new members from abroad. maybe, people are scared? maybe some are wondering what soulstrut is all about? maybe some can't speak english that well? maybe there are forums for euro heads that i don't know about?

maybe, it would be helpful to ask any questions about euro records in new posts.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

They have sealed stock of this one in Vejle...

PLACEBO LIKE, JUST ONE DIFFERENCE, THERE IS HARD DRUMBRAEKZ ON ALMOST EVERY TRACK

• You are building a reputation as a complainer.

Is that so? And what is the basis of this indepth analysis? When it comes to being a grumpy fart, I'm hardly one of the heavies on SS.
    The basis is the ratio of your worthwhile posts to your posts in which you complain, and the quality and quantity of your complaints. Your position amongst other complainers on SS has yet to be determined, but I can't imagine that you would have a problem (with) being classified as a "heavy."

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    The last Aussie soul strut get-together

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    [Anyone any info on a record called hope on mps from 77? it's by this guy from herbolzheimers band, is it dope? i liked one song if i remember correctly...

jiggs whigham? it's not on mps. placebo-esque one tracker. on teldec.

on telefunken, and yeah, its a one tracker...

found this yesterday on the bay for 5???

I think this can be considered a steal. no? I have no idea what this is usually going for. and can it be seen as a eurorecord? i think it was recorded in germany....

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    The basis is the ratio of your worthwhile posts to your posts in which you complain, and the quality and quantity of your complaints. Your position amongst other complainers on SS has yet to be determined, but I can't imagine that you would have a problem (with) being classified as a "heavy."

Move along, Sir Ban-A-Lot.

jiggs whigham? it's not on mps. placebo-esque one tracker. on teldec.

on telefunken, and yeah, its a one tracker...

I think there's a US press on Pausa as well.

found this yesterday on the bay for 5???

What's this?

I've been listening to some big band stuff recently:

Also been revisiting some of my Clarke-Broland records that I haven't listened to in years.

I found this one not too long ago

but it's not that interesting IMO. How is that "Finnish Design" he put out with the drum kit on the cover?

• I found this one not too long ago

but it's not that interesting IMO. How is that "Finnish Design" he put out with the drum kit on the cover?

It's better but not phenomenal. European records are usually pretty boring, except for 60's jazz releases. Doodoo fusion. And I don't really care about breakz anymore either.

The discussions about contemporary American music and the unstoppable clash of egos are more to my taste in this here place.

• I agree with Grope and wish there were a few more international heads on here.
    As some of you who follow my posts know I???m really into collecting Japanese records and it would personally be a great benefit to have someone one on the board who is a native Japanese speaker/digger to help out with finding records or suggest some titles to look for.

Search back through any old threads asking for info on Japanese records and you will find its usually only myself and Funky Minizu who are happy to help out (with actually naming records) and now that neither of us are in Japan or going back anytime soon the knowledge we are able to share isn???t getting any larger which is a shame as there are a lot of good Japanese records out there and its an area of diggin that seems to be growing in interest.
    I???m sure this scenario applies to others on the board to who collect stuff from other regions.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

I found this one not too long ago

It's better but not phenomenal.

Fulky (= folk/funk) versions of Finnish traditionals. It's OK.

• Hey Grope,
    nice thread!
    I think the Euro folks are only a bit quiet & shy on the board. I don't know, but I felt that amongst you, doojah, pied piper and maybe few other cats, we're the only frequently posting german ppl here...

But Europe is still well represented. Lots of guys from the bigger countries here and also from nearly all Euro countries there is one digger here. And thats a fact that I like about this board.

But now to the rekids:

I recently found a curious italian Adriano Celentano 7" around the way. Im not sure if dood did other nice songs, but this I somehow like - think because of the nice instrumentation...

Here:

Adriano Celentano L'Unica Chance

And here a true euro-psych-slammer from the psychopharma kings:
    A lotta euro languages incorporated here and a overall strange record from the Bayer Laboratories... Their biggest german production plant is around the corner here from cologne and this record made me think what those huge labs are cooking the whole day through, check yourself...

Canesten - Bayer (W.Brunke)

Cheers all euro posters,

Scoper

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    A lotta euro languages incorporated here and a overall strange record from the Bayer Laboratories... Their biggest german production plant is around the corner here from cologne and this record made me think what those huge labs are cooking the whole day through, check yourself...

Wow! Nice find. I have a promotion LP from Bayer with a couple of nice tracks from Wolfram Brunke (taken from his Bosworth Library sessions). Did he do more stuff like this 45 (non-library), that anyone knows of? I love his work.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

And here a true euro-psych-slammer from the psychopharma kings:

Canesten - Bayer (W.Brunke)

es gibt da noch die jubel, trubel heiserkeit lp auf bayer. auch vom bruhnke.

wolfram bruhnke = gary pacific orchestra on Bosworth. i'm not sure though. many bruhnke tracks appeared on the bosworth libraries.

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    es gibt da noch die jubel, trubel heiserkeit lp auf bayer.

Yeah, that's the LP i'm talkin about.

• es gibt da noch die jubel, trubel heiserkeit lp auf bayer. auch vom bruhnke.

wolfram bruhnke = gary pacific orchestra on Bosworth. i'm not sure though. many bruhnke tracks appeared on the bosworth libraries.

Ja, die iss auch dope, wie sind denn die anderen Sachen vom Bru(h)nke??

all non-germs, read here:
    Yeah, that one is also dope, how about the other Bru(h)nke songs?

SC

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    Yeah, that one is also dope, how about the other Bru(h)nke songs?

Yeah, i only know of his 2 Bosworth Lp's (130 & 13?) and the Lp on Selected Sound; Blue Butterfly, all credited to his alias, Gary Pacific. I'd love to hear some other work he has done. But, that 45 you posted made my day though.

• idemidem 98 Posts
    I'm here reppin' Taiwan, Japan and Australia...

Australian records are pretty much done to death, 90% of shit just doesn't hold it up... no one ever wants Don Burrows or Daly Wilson $1 records no more, The "basic" Japan stuff is played to death too... but there's heat out there like Zerosen, etc...

I will post some Taiwan stuff soon...

B

i agree with sheep on that one.. aussie lps are done now .. i had 10 crates of the stuff 12 years back and now i'm down to 1 .. get em while they're cheap i guess . never really liked too much japanese stuff though , i thought they sounded too 80's . a lot of them drums are just plain

• I recently found a curious italian Adriano Celentano 7" around the way. Im not sure if dood did other nice songs, but this I somehow like - think because of the nice instrumentation...

i remember i heard one or two other quite funky tunes...but i don't remember what records they were on. damn, need to dig the italian section again.
    besides: jens, hows that cd/dvd coming? i need one as soon as its avaliable for shipping.

[edit]uuuhhhh, that brunke is killin it![/edit]

• i dont know.
    i got one record of his witch has some crazy jazzy grooves on it.
    he also did a song about spaghetti.
    i didnt know ya can find that stuff in germany.

I have the one with the black cover on klaverblad, which also contains the "spagetthi song" as well as the much loved Indiannen Mars (sp?).

I remember researching Cochius on the web when I found a kind of fansite that had a gallery of him holding it down in the streets of utrecht jamming on his flute. On one if the pictures you could see 2 LPs next to his stuff.
    He actually sold those Klaverblad Lps on he street! Dude was wild! Did you know he once was a Tennispro?

However... Next to the ST LP you see a white Cover (if my memory serves me right).

B/W:
    Hi people!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Please open up new threads about Euro records instead of using my lame topic. i wanted euro people to wake up. start new threads. it can be done!

• hows that cd/dvd coming?

Hi my friend!!

The CD/DVD called "Mischapparillo Vol.1" is ready to ship and the official
    release Date is the 15.12.2006.
    Its packaged in black vinyl foil, like the dirty little magazines that you
    can buy on motorway truck stops :-) but decorated with a neon sticker.
    Inside is a little suprize (for all honest buyers) directly from the apparillo!

The mix features a retrospective of our earlier days in collecting disco rekkids,
    loads of IDs, smooth blends. Not focussed on breaks though, but IMO ideal stuff to
    help you coming to live after a hard days night, feel good & [email]party@home.yo[/email] :-)

Product will be available through CARHARTT retail chain stores, Groove Attack
    and selected national shops, like fe. Overkill Berlin.
    The price should be around 15.- EUR, that may differ from store to store due
    to retail shares...

We gonna throw a release party on DECEMBER 15th 2006 @ our residence,
    the "SUBWAY" club in cologne where we will screen the DVD prior to the
    release party with our guests "Team Rhythmusgymnastik"
    Team Rhythmusgymnastik

Und hier noch ein Special f??r die verkiffte Deutsch-Raer Fraktion hier :-)

WennDu...

Peace Out,

Scoper