Do yall pay off thrift store custys?

LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I was at my local 3-blocks-away charity shop today, the only spot I visit almost daily for records. When I walked in an older dude in his 60s or so was flipping through the crates. I was patiently watching the records as he did his thing and he thumbed past about a dozen library records - mostly Brutons some on Cosmos. He left 9 ,which I promptly scooped but took with him "Hard Rock" and "City Rock", along with a Kinks best of..Now, I got most of em, and for less than $3 total. The greedy digger in me was thinking, "I shoud pay this dude for those before he buys them" or " I should catch him outside the store" but he was an old dude, a city worker, rocking his reflective traffic vest and I knew deep down he just wanted to enjoy a beer and some "Hard Rock" and I wasn't gonna try to deprive him of that. Do any of yall have experience with this? buying off customers in the thrift store?

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Fuck that. I wait till they turn down an alley and then wham, over the head with a candlestick. I swipe the candlestick from the chairty spot.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    Smoke out the dude who is in charge of putting out the records, he will have a crate of freshies for you every time you roll up

• Smoke out the dude who is in charge of putting out the records, he will have a crate of freshies for you every time you roll up

My bro does this to great effect with a certain Goodwill employee, although now he no longer works there. He scored some nice pieces this way.

• you should've offered to trade him some styx and meatloaf albums for the brutons. maybe some yngwie malmsteens.