SOUTHERN BOY SELLS OUT IN NEW YORK CITY

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited March 2016 in Record Collecting
Friends and countrymen, I have some shocking news.Some of you (especially HarveyCanal) are rightly suspicious of us big city folk and our designs to taint pure southern heritage. It is with a mixture of pride and remorse that I bring you this update on the unspoken (but oh so real) red state-blue state cultural civil war.Marco Hammond bought a Roy Ayers record last night.DEAL.

Comments

• I plied the proud southern gentleman with spirits, until his onceproud spirit was broken. Reevelling carried on in the shop far after the last soul had left, bagged raers clutched under their arm or hidden in their satchel. After all the grog had been swilled, and things had become hazy, a deal was brokered which did include one (1) Roy Ayers 12" disco single containing thee remixed version of "Running Away".

(taps plays in the background)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    If dude ain't from Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida or Geogia...he ain't from the South.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    is florida considered the south?

*you are currently ignoring this racist*

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    If dude ain't from Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida or Geogia...he ain't from the South.

that's revisionist

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    haha... awesome!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Out with the Mason-Dixon, in with the Harvey-Canal?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Out with the Mason-Dixon, in with the Harvey-Canal?

Bwahahahahah

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

lol! man, you stay saying stupid shit! Go buy a map!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    south carolina is hella north.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    south carolina is hella north.

HAHAHAH!

This one today is gonna have me LAUGHING!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

Maryland???

Please be serious.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Maryland???

Please be serious.

Spend much time in merrlin, rashied?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Maryland???

Please be serious.

Maryland fought on the South's side during the civil war. That means Maryland is part of the South. Deal with it.

• DATELINE :: CHAPEL HILL, NORTH CAROLINA ::

Never in my life have I seen more mamby-pamby perverts in
    one place, skwawking in their sharp Eastern Seaboard tones,
    folding pizza in half, fighting over shiny slacks and
    interrupting, always the interrupting, never a thought
    to be completed in this speed-freaked soul-free Yankee town,
    where gay activist disco vibraphone connisseurs prance around
    on the wet splinters of forgotten rebel banjos.

If I can make it a day here, I can take a year in the front
    window of a Berlin leather shop. Lord, have mercy.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Marco Hammond bought a Roy Ayers record last night.

DEAL.

dealt! dj marco aka solid! soundsystem numba one selecta boyyeeeeeee

diwali for life?

deal

rad, marco you rock

psst: which LP did he pull? His long coveted RAMP or whaaaa?

holleur

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Friends and countrymen, I have some shocking news.

Some of you (especially HarveyCanal) are rightly suspicious of us big city folk and our designs to taint pure southern heritage. It is with a mixture of pride and remorse that I bring you this update on the unspoken (but oh so real) red state-blue state cultural civil war.

Marco Hammond bought a Roy Ayers record last night.

DEAL.

JP = THE ULTIMATE CLON, YOU KNOW DOPE BAYBEEEEEEE

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Maryland???

Please be serious.

What you know about MURRLAND, BWOY?

I normally don't even include Georgia.

If your state doesn't border the Gulf of Mexico, you'se a Yankee.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Maryland???

Please be serious.

Maryland fought on the South's side during the civil war. That means Maryland is part of the South. Deal with it.

Yes but who's side will they be on when rap's civil war begins?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

Maryland???

Please be serious.

Chan...unfortunatly you are under the impression that the Civil War guides what is North or South in America. This is wrong.

We all know that what determines North and South really hinges on the starch of ones jeans, and whether one would classify their gold teefs as 'fronts' or 'grillz'.

please to refernce the "Archaic guide to knowin your Soufness" before you post next time.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Go buy a map!

Maryland???

Please be serious.

Chan...unfortunatly you are under the impression that the Civil War guides what is North or South in America. This is wrong.

We all know that what determines North and South really hinges on the starch of ones jeans, and whether one would classify their gold teefs as 'fronts' or 'grillz'.

please to refernce the "Archaic guide to knowin your Soufness" before you post next time.

LOL! I will check the "Archaic guide to knowin your Soufness" next time. All I know is that I have a lot of family in Maryland and when I go out there to visit, I see funny shit. Fools with mullets driving around in trucks that have gun racks and confederate flags covering the entire back window, Aunt Jemimah dolls, lawn jockeys, all that shit. Maryland seems pretty Southern to me, but I'm no expert.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Maryland???

Please be serious.

You need to read a book. Maryland stayed on the Union side during the war. As did Missouri and Kentucky. That being said. Parts of Maryland are very "southern" on the cultural tip.

Maryland???

Please be serious.

LOL! I will check the "Archaic guide to knowin your Soufness" next time. All I know is that I have a lot of family in Maryland and when I go out there to visit, I see funny shit. Fools with mullets driving around in trucks that have gun racks and confederate flags covering the entire back window, Aunt Jemimah dolls, lawn jockeys, all that shit. Maryland seems pretty Southern to me, but I'm no expert.

Damn, I could go off on such a bullschitt perception of what it means to be Southern...but I'll go ahead and just leave you wallowing in your own stupidity.

Maryland???

Please be serious.

You need to read a book. Maryland stayed on the Union side during the war. As did Missouri and Kentucky. That being said. Parts of Maryland are very "southern" on the cultural tip.

Plaese to recommend a good book on the civil war. My civil war history is not a strongpoint and I was always under the impression that Maryland fought on the South's side during the war.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

While being correct, a better statement for Chan might've been that the despicable institution of slavery makes the culture of Maryland have more cultural similarities shared with the South than the North. Also, as a historical sidenote, many counties in the deep South, including counties in Louisiana and Mississippi, did not secede and fought with the North. Finally, the only reason Maryland did not secede was Lincoln used a decent amount of begging and a big stick for the sake of national security to get Maryland to stay so DC wouldn't be in constant jeopardy.

Peace
    T.N.

Maryland???

Please be serious.

Damn, I could go off on such a bullschitt perception of what it means to be Southern...but I'll go ahead and just leave you wallowing in your own stupidity.

LOL! Son, don't take shit so serious! I posted that because I knew it would get you heated. COMEDY. I'm sorry that you thought I was being serious. I don't know enough about the South to understand what it means to be "Southern." If you would like to write something about what it means to be Southern and post it, I would be happy to read it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I am just finishing Kearns Goodwin's "Team of Rivals" about Lincoln and his cabinet. A good read.

I disagree with the non that the only reason that Maryland (as well as other border) states stayed in the Union was begging or pressure. Many conservatives and Democrats were extremely patriotic, secession offended their deeply patriotic ideals. In 1864, during the conflict, Marylanders ratified a new constitution abolishing slavery. In Missouri the conflict led to very bloody internal civil war. Though many in the border states wished to leave slavery intact, they wanted to preserve the Union more.