man attacked by George Allen's campaign staff

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
video My name is Mike Stark. I am a law student at the University of Virginia, a marine, and a citizen journalist. Earlier today at a public event, I was attempting to ask Senator Allen a question about his sealed divorce record and his arrest in the 1970s, both of which are in the public domain. His people assaulted me, put me in a headlock, and wrestled me to the ground. Video footage is available here, from an NBC affiliate.I demand that Senator Allen fire the staffers who beat up a constituent attempting to use his constitutional right to petition his government. I also want to know why Senator Allen would want his staffers to assault someone asking questions about matters of public record in the heat of a political campaign. Why are his divorce records sealed? Why was he arrested in the 1970s? And why did his campaign batter me when I asked him about these questions.George Allen defends his support of the Iraq war by saying that our troops are defending the ideals America stands for. Indeed, he says our troops are defending our very freedom. What kind of country is it when a Senator's constituent is assaulted for asking difficult and uncomfortable questions? What freedoms do we have left? Maybe we need to bring the troops home so that they can fight for freedom at George Allen's campaign events. Demanding accountability should not be an offense worthy of assault.I will be pressing charges against George Allen and his surrogates later today. George Allen, at any time, could have stopped the fray. All he had to do was say, "This is not how my campaign is run. Take your hands off that man." He could have ignored my questions. Instead he and his thugs chose violence. I spent four years in the Marine Corps. I'll be damned if I'll let my country be taken from me by thugs that are afraid of taking responsibility for themselves.It just isn't the America I know and love. Somebody needs to take a stand against those that would bully and intimidate their fellow citizens. That stand begins right here, right now.W. Michael Stark

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    crooksandliars.com, what do expect. I heard he used a racial slur. Got what he deserved.

Saba Lives!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    as if by design the gop and the whole system is imploding like the twin towers

• haha, dude tried to courageously 'speak truth to power' and got slumped by a 70 year old.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i think this sort of behavior by dems is exactly the kind of thing that creates backlash against the dem candidate.

see JOHN KERRY

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

see JOHN KERRY

this dude needs to chill the fuck out and stay out of the news. he gives life to the GOP everytime he opens his mouth.

and while i agree with the premise that 'under-educated kids' are more likely to end up in the military, its pretty fucking stupid to say anything that can be construed as an insult to those soldiers fighting the war right before an election.

dude is just a bitter man.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    video
    I was attempting to ask Senator Allen a question about his sealed divorce record and his arrest in the 1970s, both of which are in the public domain.

So does this guy write for People magazine or the E! channel? Or maybe for Geraldo? Really. Who fucking cares about a divorce record?
    Yeah yeah, I caught his point about the documents being 'sealed', but seriously, who cares about Allen's personal life from the 70's unless you are going to be a mudslinging douchebag? get a life bro and take your 'hard-hitting' investigating reports elsewhere.

on another note, the dude is a Marine and got taken down by that old shit? go back to boot camp Mikey.

• c'mon ya'll...stop the false macho bullshit. dude was a marine, he could have fought back against the 70 year old man but wisely didn't because if he did, he'd be just as guilty of assault as the Allen hacks.

• see JOHN KERRY

this dude needs to chill the fuck out and stay out of the news. he gives life to the GOP everytime he opens his mouth.

and while i agree with the premise that 'under-educated kids' are more likely to end up in the military, its pretty fucking stupid to say anything that can be construed as an insult to those soldiers fighting the war right before an election.

the gop is twisting this story. kerry flubbed a joke about bush and the republicans are running with a sound bite that was an out of context misstatement. olberman had kerry's full speech and this sentence was a botched zinger in a string of jokes about bush. kerry is a decorated veteran and he would be committing political suicide if he called the troops stupid and uneducated. kerry fucked up, no doubt, but the gop has conceded that kerry misspoke and yet they are still running with this story. give me a break. they are desperate.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

see JOHN KERRY

the gop is twisting this story. kerry flubbed a joke about bush and the republicans are running with a sound bite that was an out of context misstatement. olberman had kerry's full speech and this sentence was a botched zinger in a string of jokes about bush. kerry is a decorated veteran and he would be committing political suicide if he called the troops stupid and uneducated. kerry fucked up, no doubt, but the gop has conceded that kerry misspoke and yet they are still running with this story. give me a break. they are desperate.

What was the joke "supposed" to be???

• That if you don't "study" your history, you'll get "stuck in Iraq."

If ever there was an graemlin to use for the asault victim it would be the

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    That if you don't "study" your history, you'll get us[/b] "stuck in Iraq."

That if you don't "study" your history, you'll get "stuck in Iraq."

Seriously?? That's a joke??

The politicians should leave the joke telling to the comedians.

Like the comedian I heard last night who said "George Allen shot himself in the foot by exposing his opponent's Novel. Now that Webb's captured the Incest & Pedophile vote he's guaranteed a victory"

At least that made me laugh.

• i think this sort of behavior by dems is exactly the kind of thing that creates backlash against the dem candidate.

see JOHN KERRY

John Kerry was the head of the congressional "investigations" of Iran Contra and BCCI. He is just as comprimised as anyone in the Bush administration. Type "U.S.
    presidents Burke's peerage" into a search engine. Burke's peerage is the historical record of everyone who is related to British royalty. Kerry has more purely royal blood than Bush, and this last election was the first time that a "less royal" candidate has won. Over thirty presidents are related to British royalty, and can actually be traced to Charlemagne and from there back to Rome, Egypt, and into prehistory. Edgar Cayce maintained that our world leaders are descendants of those who ruled Atlantis. I'm sure most of you will think this is bullshit, I don't really care. We like to think we live in a democracy, but everyone is basically handpicked years in advance.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    i think this sort of behavior by dems is exactly the kind of thing that creates backlash against the dem candidate.

see JOHN KERRY

John Kerry was the head of the congressional "investigations" of Iran Contra and BCCI. He is just as comprimised as anyone in the Bush administration. Type "U.S.
    presidents Burke's peerage" into a search engine. Burke's peerage is the historical record of everyone who is related to British royalty. Kerry has more purely royal blood than Bush, and this last election was the first time that a "less royal" candidate has won. Over thirty presidents are related to British royalty, and can actually be traced to Charlemagne and from there back to Rome, Egypt, and into prehistory. Edgar Cayce maintained that our world leaders are descendants of those who ruled Atlantis. I'm sure most of you will think this is bullshit, I don't really care. We like to think we live in a democracy, but everyone is basically handpicked years in advance.

Handpicked by whom? The Jews? The Aliens? The Lizard People? Whoever is doing the handpicking must be feeling pretty stupid after some of the decisions they made. Then again, I suppose what appear as catastrophes to the uninitiated are all part of the master plan.

I'm all for starting new chapters of the monarchist league, but, as you predicted, .

• i think this sort of behavior by dems is exactly the kind of thing that creates backlash against the dem candidate.

see JOHN KERRY

Handpicked by whom? The Jews? The Aliens? The Lizard People? Whoever is doing the handpicking must be feeling pretty stupid after some of the decisions they made. Then again, I suppose what appear as catastrophes to the uninitiated are all part of the master plan.

I'm all for starting new chapters of the monarchist league, but, as you predicted, .

the Freemasons

Masons (also known as Freemasons) belong to the oldest and largest fraternal organization in the world. Today, there are more than two million Freemasons in North America. Masons represent virtually every occupation and profession, yet within the Fraternity, all meet as equals. Masons come from diverse political ideologies, yet meet as friends. Masons come from varied religious beliefs and creeds, yet all believe in one God.

Many of North America's early patriots were Freemasons. Thirteen signers of the Constitution and fourteen Presidents of the United States, including George Washington, were Masons. In Canada, the Father of the Confederation, Sir John A. MacDonald, was a Mason, as were other early Canadian and American leaders.

One of the most fascinating aspects of Freemasonry is how so many men, from so many different walks of life, can meet together in peace, always conducting their affairs in harmony and friendship and calling each other "Brother."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Well, this thread went about as expected

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Well, this thread went about as expected

SOI

Why do you doubt what???s real?

First accept that everything you ever thought you knew was a lie

Gravity is a trick done with water and twigs
    oxygen is invisible...think about it INVISIBLE!
    Elections don't have candidates, there is a breeding machine 18 stories underneath the rock of Gibraltar that manufactures our leaders at the rate of 3.125 a month
    The dot com bubble burst cause they wanted it to
    and why do you think we have a [i]leap year[/b]?

this guy who attacked Sen. Allen got too close to the truth.
    PUT ON THE FUCKING GLASSES!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i would slap a motherfucker if he came at me like that, but if i was running for senate, i would have told my people to let the dude ask his stupid question, brushed it off and gone on to my event. but what do i know?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

CNN calls that journalism? How sad.

see JOHN KERRY

I wish you guys could actually read some of this stuff without resorting to snide lizard people jokes any time conspiracy shit comes up. I'm just trying to present this information as clearly as possible on a fucking internet forum and all this nonsense that you guys insist on replying with is just unnecessary.

here is an article:
    London - When it comes to American presidential elections, blue blood counts.

So say British researchers who predict Democratic challenger John Kerry will oust President George Bush on November, 2 simply because he boasts more royal connections than his Republican rival.

After months of research into Kerry's ancestry, Burke's Peerage, experts on British aristocracy, reported on Monday that the Vietnam war veteran is related to all the royal houses of Europe [/b] and can claim kinship with Tsar Ivan "The Terrible", a previous Emperor of Byzantium and the Shahs of Persia.

Burke's director Harold Brooks-Baker said Kerry had his mother, Rosemary Forbes, to thank for most of his royal connections.

"Every maternal blood line of Kerry makes him more royal than any previous American president," Brooks-Baker said.

"Because of the fact that every presidential candidate with the most royal genes and chromosomes has always won the November presidential election, the coming election - based on 42 previous presidents - will go to John Kerry."

Similar research carried out on Bush ahead of the 2000 presidential race showed that he beat Al Gore in the royal stakes, claiming kinship with Britain's Queen Elizabeth as well as with Kings Henry III and Charles II of England.

Kerry is a descendant of the former Kings of England, Henry III and Henry II and is distantly related to Richard the Lionheart, who led the third Crusade in 1189, according to Burke's.[/b]
    Burke's research showed Kerry also has historical political connections in the United States.

He is closely related to John Winthrop, the first Massachusetts governor - the state for which he is now a senator - and his maternal grandmother was the granddaughter of Robert Winthrop, who was speaker of the House of Representatives from 1847 to 1849.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    I wish you guys could actually read some of this stuff without resorting to snide lizard people jokes any time conspiracy shit comes up. I'm just trying to present this information as clearly as possible on a fucking internet forum and all this nonsense that you guys insist on replying with is just unnecessary.

here is an article:

So say British researchers who predict Democratic challenger John Kerry will oust President George Bush on November, 2 simply because he boasts more royal connections than his Republican rival.

After months of research into Kerry's ancestry, Burke's Peerage, experts on British aristocracy, reported on Monday that the Vietnam war veteran is related to all the royal houses of Europe [/b] and can claim kinship with Tsar Ivan "The Terrible", a previous Emperor of Byzantium and the Shahs of Persia.

Burke's director Harold Brooks-Baker said Kerry had his mother, Rosemary Forbes, to thank for most of his royal connections.

"Every maternal blood line of Kerry makes him more royal than any previous American president," Brooks-Baker said.

"Because of the fact that every presidential candidate with the most royal genes and chromosomes has always won the November presidential election, the coming election - based on 42 previous presidents - will go to John Kerry."

Similar research carried out on Bush ahead of the 2000 presidential race showed that he beat Al Gore in the royal stakes, claiming kinship with Britain's Queen Elizabeth as well as with Kings Henry III and Charles II of England.

Kerry is a descendant of the former Kings of England, Henry III and Henry II and is distantly related to Richard the Lionheart, who led the third Crusade in 1189, according to Burke's.[/b]
    Burke's research showed Kerry also has historical political connections in the United States.

He is closely related to John Winthrop, the first Massachusetts governor - the state for which he is now a senator - and his maternal grandmother was the granddaughter of Robert Winthrop, who was speaker of the House of Representatives from 1847 to 1849.

This post has to be the saddest of all posts on Soulstrut and the ultimate no . Seriously, you believe that crap? Or are you joking?

I think you could argue that segment is somewhat biased against Allen. But the video footage of that man being put in a headlock and thrown to the ground is indisputable evidence of assault. They are not Allen's security or security from the Omni Hotel. If Allen had a grain of sense he'd fire those guys and issue an apology.

Do you thinkk that is sad too?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    mudslinging douchebag citizen journalist

• CNN calls that journalism? How sad.

I think you could argue that segment is somewhat biased against Allen. But the video footage of that man being put in a headlock and thrown to the ground is indisputable evidence of assault. They are not Allen's security or security from the Omni Hotel. If Allen had a grain of sense he'd fire those guys and issue an apology.

i hate Allen but don't really think this is a story. the blogger/law student was on Olberman last night and he seems like someone who deserves to be put in a headlock and slammed against a window. And who doesnt already think Allen is a complete douchebag? Lets move on.

Can anyone here defend Bush's repeated mention of Kerry's flubbed joke? This shit is much worse than swiftboating, Kerry isn't even up for re-election. Olberman was replaying Bush's dinner speech where he joked about looking for WMDs. Now that was something that was intentionally insensitive to the troops. Bush and Snow make me nauseous. I can't even listen to republicans anymore.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

That's what I saw, too, but I did not see anything that even resembled journalism in that CNN clip.

• I wish you guys could actually read some of this stuff without resorting to snide lizard people jokes any time conspiracy shit comes up. I'm just trying to present this information as clearly as possible on a fucking internet forum and all this nonsense that you guys insist on replying with is just unnecessary.

here is an article:

This post has to be the saddest of all posts on Soulstrut and the ultimate no . Seriously, you believe that crap? Or are you joking?

Would you care to post anything specifically contradicting it? What do you find so comically unbelievable about it? Burke's Peerage is an accepted guide to British lineage. The elite families of America interbreed just like the upper echelons of almost every society on earth. This is the simplest way to consolidate power among a controlled group of people, through blood. Of course the importance of this is downplayed because if it is in fact true it renders our economic and political systems completely irrelevant.

Who was Bill Clinton related to??

Mary, Queen Of Arkansas

• Who was Bill Clinton related to??

Mary, Queen Of Arkansas

Mary queen of Arkansas, your white skin is deceivin'
    You wake and wait to lie in bait and you almost got me believin'
    But on your bed Mary I can see the shadow of a noose
    I don't understand how you can hold me so tight and love me so damn loose

But I know a place where we can go Mary
    Where I can get a good job and start all over again clean
    I got contacts deep in Mexico where the servants have been seen

That's what I saw, too, but I did not see anything that even resembled journalism in that CNN clip.

you're saddened that 24h cable news doesn't meet journalism standards? somebody get this guy a pillow.

but getting to other comments...no, this story has little if any national relevance, but it's important to a lot of VA people that Allen loses. He has been a bad Senator and should not be rehired. Couldn't give less of a fuck about tipping balance in Senate. Especially since the House is in the pocket.

• Think about it.

Cheney = six letters
    Lizard = six letters

white house lawn = green
    lizards = green

george w = forked tongue
    lizard = forked tongue

I rest my case