NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Deron Williams. This is his rookie season right??? The kid got game yo.

2nd year player.

• Deron Williams. This is his rookie season right??? The kid got game yo.

honestly, do you even watch basketball?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Deron Williams. This is his rookie season right??? The kid got game yo.

honestly, do you even watch basketball?

ass-hurt because of this?

Why would I wanna see a Knicks game?

This is supposed to be about DERON WILLIAMS, son. He's not a rookie, but he's got game beyond his age.

• let me just reiterate how awesome this dude is

"eddy curry with the anachronous hook shot ...."

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    let me just reiterate how awesome this dude is

It's an absolute joy to watch a Knicks game when Clyde is in the booth.

Looking forward to reading this:

Frazier, an all-star guard with the New York Knicks in the 1970s, was the floor leader of the famously unselfish teams that won NBA championships in 1970 and 1973. Here he offers an evenhanded comparison of professional basketball in his era and today, finding today's game lacking in teamwork and basketball IQ--no surprise to most fans whose interest has spanned the eras. He concedes the modern players' increased size and athleticism but feels those attributes could be put to more efficient--and more entertaining--use with the relatively simple application of some old-school concepts, among them, the idea of the point guard as orchestrator rather than scorer. Frazier also discusses the effect of big money on the players, noting that those who respond positively to multimillion-dollar deals (Michael Jordan and LeBron James, for example) are the exception rather than the rule. Peppering his account with anecdotes from his playing days and observations of the current state of NBA affairs (he is now a Knicks broadcaster), Frazier displays the same qualities as an analyst that he demonstrated as a player--consistency and intelligence.

I'd like another try against the Mavs. Next time with Lamar in the lineup.
    But boy is that PA person ANNOYING AS HELL. "Deeefense...." SHUT THE F UP.

• vince carter is going off!!

15 threes in the past two games.

last night he had 36 points and 9 assists.

• But boy is that PA person ANNOYING AS HELL. "Deeefense...." SHUT THE F UP.

"Humble" Billy Hayes....don't hate!! He gets the crowd hype, and with D-Town crowds, that is a necessity.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'd like another try against the Mavs.

Maybe in a couple of years when you guys are good enough to make the Playoffs again we'll give you a re-match

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    CONTEST -

Where is The Answer going?

U get 2 choices.

Clippers then Indiana.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    CONTEST -

Where is The Answer going?

U get 2 choices.

Clippers then Indiana.

If he goes to the Clippers David Stern will have the most powerful orgasm in the history of mankind.

If he goes to the Pacers.. they take the East

I'd like another try against the Mavs.

Maybe in a couple of years when you guys are good enough to make the Playoffs again we'll give you a re-match

Well we did put up a good fight against Phoenix last year if you recall. Holding them in the 90s in the 3 wins. The biggest problem is that in pressure situations, everyone outside of Kobe is scared to shoot the ball.

Watching Dallas last night reminded me of the Sac Kings around 2000, because every player on the court is a threat. And talk about matchup nightmares....Nowitzki, Terry, Howard, Harris...Any of those guys could probably be the franchise player on a different team. Because of their length, their defense is very solid too.

We definitely could have used Lamar last night in terms of big man that could grab boards, slash, and matchup against the bigs on the Mavs.

The Lakers are the best team in the NBA ..of course they aren't gonna win a ring ...But they are #1 now

who haven't we beat when our roster was at full strength ?

Hatters

The Lakers are the best team in the NBA ..of course they aren't gonna win a ring ...But they are #1 now

Better than Utah & San Antonio?

They banged Utah out by 30 and smacked San Antonio

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

This is supposed to be about DERON WILLIAMS, son.

Uh-oh; I have seen this pattern of capitalization before...

let me just reiterate how awesome this dude is

Frazier, an all-star guard with the New York Knicks in the 1970s, was the floor leader of the famously unselfish teams that won NBA championships in 1970 and 1973. Here he offers an evenhanded comparison of professional basketball in his era and today, finding today's game lacking in teamwork and basketball IQ--no surprise to most fans whose interest has spanned the eras. He concedes the modern players' increased size and athleticism but feels those attributes could be put to more efficient--and more entertaining--use with the relatively simple application of some old-school concepts, among them, the idea of the point guard as orchestrator rather than scorer. Frazier also discusses the effect of big money on the players, noting that those who respond positively to multimillion-dollar deals (Michael Jordan and LeBron James, for example) are the exception rather than the rule. Peppering his account with anecdotes from his playing days and observations of the current state of NBA affairs (he is now a Knicks broadcaster), Frazier displays the same qualities as an analyst that he demonstrated as a player--consistency and intelligence.

This book--about the 1969-70 Knicks--is highly recommended (disregard the wack anachronistic cover on the current edition):

And Utah Banged them before that! 114 - 108 . 6 days before. = doesnt. equal Best.

17-5 same as 15 -7 ?

• This is supposed to be about DERON WILLIAMS, son.

The pattern where our Basketball Scientist tells all who would test: I DON'T NEEEEED TO WATCH BASKETBALL! I PLAY 3-on-3 PICK UP!!!

The pattern where our Basketball Scientist tells all who would test: I DON'T NEEEEED TO WATCH BASKETBALL! I PLAY 3-on-3 PICK UP!!!

Your working is imminent, SON.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Frazier is the greatest announcer (color man? ) around, and I would bet dollars to donuts that his book is gonna be a great read.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Lakers are definitely the biggest surprise in the early season. I think they match up well against some teams and others not so much. They beat Houston which was a surprise to me, but McGrady didn't play. Still, I think the Lakers match up well against them and that deliberate style of play Van Gundy has them doing, the Lakers can match. Dallas on the other thand I think is too much of an offensive powerhouse for the Lakers to stop. They just can't match up with all the weapons Dallas has at the various positions.

And Utah Banged them before that! 114 - 108 .

It was a 6 point victory in a VERY close game decided by free throws...A week later the Lakers ran them off the floor ...

oh well, it was funny until you stepped in....for the record I don't play 3-on-3 ball either. I play strictly for money.

Tell 'em Ed. LA at full-strength is pretty exciting to watch. Walton is being more aggressive which I like. Farmar will become a great asset with time. Ronny is a high-energy player. I'm really hoping Rad will start getting comfortable and be the next Peja.

• Farmar will become a great asset with time.

john leguizamo's twin was ballin last night. its funny because as soon as the espn announcers started talking about him, he went off and had like 7 out of the lakers 10 or so points. i liked his game at ucla and think he will be decent pro.

fyi- according to whoever was commentating last night, Farmar benched 135 lbs 20 times straight at the NBa pre-draft camp. not bad for a dude who probably weighs about 180.

And Utah Banged them before that! 114 - 108 .

It was a 6 point victory in a VERY close game decided by free throws...A week later they needed KOBE TO SCORE 52 to run them off the floor ...

they needed KOBE TO SCORE 52 to run them off the floor .

By any means necessary

• I'm just wondering how this thread can be almost as long as the NFL thread when these games don't even mean jackshit right now.

I mean the NBA is a fun lil' league that you can watch when that real schitt the NFL ain't on.

Y'all know David Stern has pretty much ruined the league, right? Did he pose with Dwayne Wade and Bennett Salvatore on the "Sportsman of the Year" issue of SI?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm just wondering how this thread can be almost as long as the NFL thread when these games don't even mean jackshit right now.

I mean the NBA is a fun lil' league that you can watch when that real schitt the NFL ain't on.

Y'all know David Stern has pretty much ruined the league, right? Did he pose with Dwayne Wade and Bennett Salvatore on the "Sportsman of the Year" issue of SI?

Tell 'em why you mad, though...

1. rkwpark all-stars
    2. keithvanhorn
    3. strangemuseum!
    4. Shit Storm
    5. Sex Jam City Players
    6. Rockadelic
    7. 3M TA3
    8. marutang clan
    9. Son of Sam Killers
    10. PAINT BUCKETS
    11. Free Ron Isley