shakezula808shakezula808 92 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I'm not really a fan- at all. But the Kanye beat is kind of a

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    eh

• not to say the album is "official" by any means
    i just figured someone, somewhere might be interested.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Can someone please answer me this:

How you gonna name your album "The Doctor's Advocate" yet Dr. Dre ISN'T ON THE ALBUM?

Saying.

And while I like that The Game is putting it down the Wessssyyyydddeee, we really don't need to keep hearing how he's down with (in order of popularity):

1) Dre (who again, did not show up for your album)
    2) Snoop (who does)
    3) Kanye (yup, he's here too)
    4) Young Jeezy (alas, another no-show)

And we also need to have Game dead the talk about "being #1 since Big and 'Pac been gone."

That said, I was actually into large portions of this CD.

It's been a slow year.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    that knottz schitt is kinda

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

How you gonna name your album "The Doctor's Advocate" yet Dr. Dre ISN'T ON THE ALBUM?

Saying.

And while I like that The Game is putting it down the Wessssyyyydddeee, we really don't need to keep hearing how he's down with (in order of popularity):

2) Snoop (who does)

And we also need to have Game dead the talk about "being #1 since Big and 'Pac been gone."

It's been a slow year.

Game is pretty big on playing the credibility-by-association card, isn't he? I can't remember the last time I heard a rapper who namechecked so many other artists. Shout-outs are one thing, but it's almost every one of his songs.

• that knottz schitt is kinda

One Night, right? That and the just blaze song are easily the two best songs on this here disc, i would say.
    It has it's moments but on the whole i'm not really feelin' it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Saying.

2) Snoop (who does)

It's been a slow year.

Game is pretty big on playing the credibility-by-association card, isn't he? I can't remember the last time I heard a rapper who namechecked so many other artists. Shout-outs are one thing, but it's almost every one of his songs.

People magazine rap.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Not a bad album. He's got some joints on this. Feelin' the Kanye joint, the Nottz Joint and the Just Blaze joint. I wonder if this is the same as the retail version?

• Not bad, no. The title track, though?? to the fullest. Game is what happens when parents don't hug their kids enough.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Not a bad album. He's got some joints on this. Feelin' the Kanye joint, the Nottz Joint and the Just Blaze joint.

cosign.

I'm also feeling the Swizz Beats track

his lyricism is pretty damn wack but that one line:
    "I got the scoop on Hoopz whatever the case/ she'll let you spray her in the face/ as long as she bathed in apes"

kinda had me laughing

• DukesDukes 24 Posts
    shit aint half bad. the will.i.am track is suprisingly pretty hot! dude can come correct from time to time. the just blaze , nottz and mr porter tracks are all pretty good too. Sounds like like he got that JR Rottem dude to pretend he was dre on a few cuts. i can't take game seriously though

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    i can't take game seriously though

Does anybody take him seriously? Like Serg so astutely pointed out, Game basically exists in order to provide good rappers with hot beats to use on mixtapes.

• People magazine rap.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    In LA... people love him. I am checking this now, but overall I think he is over-rated. Personally out of the west I am waiting on the Damani album whenever that gets released.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    In LA... people love him. I am checking this now, but overall I think he is over-rated. Personally out of the west I am waiting on the Damani album whenever that gets released.

you got any word on Glasses Malone's LP?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I always liked Game. This album is pretty hot.

• the kanye track is same sample from jada's "by your side" - creative source right?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    This album is pretty hot.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    the album's alright overall, i like compton, remedy, let's ride, and wouldn't get far. but game is far from an exciting rapper. his style, and even his voice kinda, does remind me of dre, but that's not saying much cuz dre isn't going to be remembered for his rhymes.

what's up with the title track? its like a love letter to dre and sounds like game is crying through the whole thing.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    No love for JR Rotem and Hi-Tek?

My favorite on intial listening is probably the track w/ Xzibit & Snoop.

the album's alright overall, i like compton, remedy, let's ride, and wouldn't get far. but game is far from an exciting rapper. his style, and even his voice kinda, does remind me of dre, but that's not saying much cuz dre isn't going to be remembered for his rhymes.

what's up with the title track? its like a love letter to dre and sounds like game is crying through the whole thing.

Yeah, the title track is kind of bizarre...it's like The Game's "Stan" but minus most of the irony of Eminem's song. The whole fact that Busta Rhymes is rapping as a character witness only ups the strangeness of it. It really does sound like a, "sorry baby...for hurting you" apology and while I'm all for men being more expressive with their feelings, I don't know if I need to hear it done in song form...at least not this way.

Also, I find it so Game-like that he basically says, four times, in the first two songs, "I can still sell without Dre" but he's just as quick to remind people, "I'm the heir to Aftermath," which I think is a rather silly boast considering he's not on Aftermath and probably won't be for years to come. Talk about wish fulfillment. It's just so bizarre.

Reminds me of that Chris Rock joke about rappers and labels, something like "Isley Bros. weren't shouting out, 'T-Neck in the motherfuckin' house' back in the day."

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I can't remember the last time I heard a rapper who namechecked so many other artists. Shout-outs are one thing, but it's almost every one of his songs.

Eminem.

I can't remember the last time I heard a rapper who namechecked so many other artists. Shout-outs are one thing, but it's almost every one of his songs.

Eminem.

Eminem is a mute compared to the Game.

Eminem.

Kinda. Eminem's first LP was fulla that stuff though, especially the single.

Eminem.

I'm funnin' with you but seriously, The Game has taken it to the

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Personally i think the khalil track is mabye the hottest shit on there. Followed by the nottz joint. Suprising kinda.

I like the record overall though. I hope theres some extra tracks on the real retail though.

• I can't remember the last time I heard a rapper who namechecked so many other artists. Shout-outs are one thing, but it's almost every one of his songs.

Eminem.

That was different- Eminem actually had jokes about the people he name dropped. The Game is just saying their names. The will be phone book rap.

• i thought this album was pretty weak the only song i liked was ol english and that kanye song was okay. hi tek needs to put out a gangsta beats cd. heres a name drop list i found

The Documentary
    dre (45)
    50 (12)
    eminem (11)
    aftermath (11)
    tupac (11)
    nwa (11)
    biggie (10)
    eazy e (9)
    jay-z (8)
    game 111111 (6)
    mase 111111 (6)
    snoop dogg 11111 (5)
    game's mom 11111 (5)
    kanye west 1111 (4)
    timbaland 1111 (4)
    aalyiah 1111 (4)
    mary blige 1111 (4)
    young buck 1111 (4)
    mlk 111 (3)
    left eye 111 (3)
    eve 111 (3)
    nate dogg 111 (3)
    puff 111 (3)
    banks 111 (3)
    jmj 11 (2)
    afeeny shakur 11 (2)
    shaq 11 (2)
    rakim 11 (2)
    jimmy iovine 11 (2)
    marvin gay 11 (2)
    michael jack 11 (2)
    ja rule 11 (2)
    busta 11 (2)
    nas 11 (2)
    the source 11 (2)
    whitney houston 1
    mya 1
    vivica 1
    dave mays 1
    whoo kidd 1
    dj clue 1
    sha money 1
    quik 1
    dpg 1
    westsideconnec 1
    redman 1
    murder inc 1
    rocafella 1
    miss walace 1
    suge 1
    yao ming 1
    alonzo 1
    kool g 1
    maria carey 1
    tyra banks 1
    baron davis 1
    d-mac 1
    tena marie 1
    master p 1
    spike lee 1
    rev run 1
    little pun 1
    usher 1
    jimmy hendrix 1
    alicia keys 1
    flavor flav 1
    faith 1
    shyne 1
    devon 1
    venus 1
    yayo 1
    benzino 1
    ice cube 1
    r kelly 1
    iverson 1
    gary payton 1
    k-ci 1
    beyonce 1
    just blaze 1
    xzibit 1
    guerilla black 1
    chris rock 1
    souljah slim 1
    lebron 1
    randy moss 1
    bobby fisher 1
    --------------------------------
    names 263

The Doctor's Advocate

Dre 1111111111111111111111111111111111111 (39)
    6-4/impala 11111111111111111 (15)
    aftermath 11111111111111111 (15)
    game (noun) 111111111111 (12)
    snoop 11111111 (8)
    Tupac 1111111 (7)
    Eazy E 1111111 (7)
    jay-z 111111 (6)
    Big 11111 (5)
    will.i.am 1111 (4)
    scott storch 111 (3)
    busta 111 (3)
    eve 111 (3)