The Doctor's Advocate

2»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dude...how completely boring was this task?

Still...I appreciate the hard numbers research. I'm actually amazed he shouted out Dre LESS times on this new album.

i thought this album was pretty weak the only song i liked was ol english and that kanye song was okay. hi tek needs to put out a gangsta beats cd. heres a name drop list i found

The Documentary
    dre (45)
    50 (12)
    eminem (11)
    aftermath (11)
    tupac (11)
    nwa (11)
    biggie (10)
    eazy e (9)
    jay-z (8)
    game 111111 (6)
    mase 111111 (6)
    snoop dogg 11111 (5)
    game's mom 11111 (5)
    kanye west 1111 (4)
    timbaland 1111 (4)
    aalyiah 1111 (4)
    mary blige 1111 (4)
    young buck 1111 (4)
    mlk 111 (3)
    left eye 111 (3)
    eve 111 (3)
    nate dogg 111 (3)
    puff 111 (3)
    banks 111 (3)
    jmj 11 (2)
    afeeny shakur 11 (2)
    shaq 11 (2)
    rakim 11 (2)
    jimmy iovine 11 (2)
    marvin gay 11 (2)
    michael jack 11 (2)
    ja rule 11 (2)
    busta 11 (2)
    nas 11 (2)
    the source 11 (2)
    whitney houston 1
    mya 1
    vivica 1
    dave mays 1
    whoo kidd 1
    dj clue 1
    sha money 1
    quik 1
    dpg 1
    westsideconnec 1
    redman 1
    murder inc 1
    rocafella 1
    miss walace 1
    suge 1
    yao ming 1
    alonzo 1
    kool g 1
    maria carey 1
    tyra banks 1
    baron davis 1
    d-mac 1
    tena marie 1
    master p 1
    spike lee 1
    rev run 1
    little pun 1
    usher 1
    jimmy hendrix 1
    alicia keys 1
    flavor flav 1
    faith 1
    shyne 1
    devon 1
    venus 1
    yayo 1
    benzino 1
    ice cube 1
    r kelly 1
    iverson 1
    gary payton 1
    k-ci 1
    beyonce 1
    just blaze 1
    xzibit 1
    guerilla black 1
    chris rock 1
    souljah slim 1
    lebron 1
    randy moss 1
    bobby fisher 1
    --------------------------------
    names 263

The Doctor's Advocate

Dre 1111111111111111111111111111111111111 (39)
    6-4/impala 11111111111111111 (15)
    aftermath 11111111111111111 (15)
    game (noun) 111111111111 (12)
    snoop 11111111 (8)
    Tupac 1111111 (7)
    Eazy E 1111111 (7)
    jay-z 111111 (6)
    Big 11111 (5)
    will.i.am 1111 (4)
    scott storch 111 (3)
    busta 111 (3)
    eve 111 (3)
    50 111 (3)
    jamie foxx 111 (3)
    swizz beats 111 (3)
    interscope 11 (2)
    jeezy 11 (2)
    nwa 11 (2)
    jimmy iovine 11 (2)
    eminem 11 (2)
    tookie 11 (2)
    nas 11 (2)
    daz 11 (2)
    beyonce 11 (2)
    flavor flav 1
    iced tea 1
    wade 1
    al green 1
    kurupt 1
    big pun 1
    jam master jay 1
    shyne 1
    camron 1
    whitney houston 1
    mase 1
    bobby brown 1
    walter payton 1
    shaq 1
    freeway rick 1
    marques houston 1
    mary j blige 1
    rakim 1
    geffen 1
    lil jon 1
    dj quik 1
    queen latifah 1
    ice cube 1
    kobe bryant 1
    andrew jackson 1
    just blaze 1
    giallini 1
    tracy mcgrady 1
    suge 1
    kanye 1
    nate dogg 1
    ken griffey 1
    michael jordan 1
    ben wallace 1
    decarra 1
    game's mom 1
    uncle greg 1
    jeremy stackhouse 1
    gabriel union 1
    billy the kid 1
    vida guerrera 1
    oprah 1
    demi moore 1
    megan good 1
    pharell 1
    melissa forde 1
    halley berre 1
    lil kim 1
    -----------------------------
    names 194 (not including 6-4/impala)

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

The Doctor's Advocate

Dre 1111111111111111111111111111111111111 (39)
    6-4/impala 11111111111111111 (15)
    aftermath 11111111111111111 (15)
    game (noun) 111111111111 (12)
    snoop 11111111 (8)
    Tupac 1111111 (7)
    Eazy E 1111111 (7)
    jay-z 111111 (6)
    Big 11111 (5)
    will.i.am 1111 (4)
    scott storch 111 (3)
    busta 111 (3)
    eve 111 (3)
    50 111 (3)
    jamie foxx 111 (3)
    swizz beats 111 (3)
    interscope 11 (2)
    jeezy 11 (2)
    nwa 11 (2)
    jimmy iovine 11 (2)
    eminem 11 (2)
    tookie 11 (2)
    nas 11 (2)
    daz 11 (2)
    beyonce 11 (2)
    flavor flav 1
    iced tea 1
    wade 1
    al green 1
    kurupt 1
    big pun 1
    jam master jay 1
    shyne 1
    camron 1
    whitney houston 1
    mase 1
    bobby brown 1
    walter payton 1
    shaq 1
    freeway rick 1
    marques houston 1
    mary j blige 1
    rakim 1
    geffen 1
    lil jon 1
    dj quik 1
    queen latifah 1
    ice cube 1
    kobe bryant 1
    andrew jackson 1
    just blaze 1
    giallini 1
    tracy mcgrady 1
    suge 1
    kanye 1
    nate dogg 1
    ken griffey 1
    michael jordan 1
    ben wallace 1
    decarra 1
    game's mom 1
    uncle greg 1
    jeremy stackhouse 1
    gabriel union 1
    billy the kid 1
    vida guerrera 1
    oprah 1
    demi moore 1
    megan good 1
    pharell 1
    melissa forde 1
    halley berre 1
    lil kim 1
    -----------------------------
    names 194 (not including 6-4/impala)

I'd like to get a breakdown of love/hate namechecks of Dre. I'm thinking maybe 60% love to 40% hate?

Junior,

It's all love. Game doesn't criticize Dre once.

Junior,

While it's refreshing that he hasn't used the album to attack Dre it's also more than a little bizarre? Think I may actually have to listen to this now.

Junior,

While it's refreshing that he hasn't used the album to attack Dre it's also more than a little bizarre? Think I may actually have to listen to this now.

It's not that strange insofar as:

Dre never took sides in the beef. According to The Game, he didn't ask Dre to intervene. And when Game left (or was kicked off of) Aftermath/G-Unit, it meant that Dre was going to lose money so really, if anyone should be pissed off, it'd be Dre. That's why Game is apologizing so heavily on the title song.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Junior,

It's not that strange insofar as:

Dre never took sides in the beef. According to The Game, he didn't ask Dre to intervene. And when Game left (or was kicked off of) Aftermath/G-Unit, it meant that Dre was going to lose money so really, if anyone should be pissed off, it'd be Dre. That's why Game is apologizing so heavily on the title song.

You really think that either Dre or 50 is giving up much money? I suspect that they're just removing their logos from their project and will still make more money off it than Jayceon.

Faux,

I don't know the details here but it's likely that Geffen paid a sum to G-Unit in order to take Game's contract. That may have also included points off the sale. But presumably, the reason why The Game is so emo over this is because he feels like he's "betrayed" Dre and Aftermath (eye-roll graemlin) and to me, that says $$$.

This could be, of course, all theater but bottomline, Dre doesn't have Game's back on this album. Not that all the Dre-clone producers don't try to make up the difference but there's definitely nothing as catchy as "Hate It Or Love It" or even "Dreams" on here.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Faux,

I don't know the details here but it's likely that Geffen paid a sum to G-Unit in order to take Game's contract. That may have also included points off the sale. But presumably, the reason why The Game is so emo over this is because he feels like he's "betrayed" Dre and Aftermath (eye-roll graemlin) and to me, that says $$$.

This could be, of course, all theater but bottomline, Dre doesn't have Game's back on this album. Not that all the Dre-clone producers don't try to make up the difference but there's definitely nothing as catchy as "Hate It Or Love It" or even "Dreams" on here.

Well, that's what I'm saying--I don't know if there was a flat buyout, if 50/Dre retained points or what, but I'm certain that they're still getting or have already gotten paid. I just don't agree with your further extrapolation that Dre has reason to be mad and that Game feels accordingly contrite towards him. I doubt Dre cares as long as he gets paid and I imagine that Game has behaved more gingerly towards him because he feels that he derives a lot more of his particular form of credibility through that association than he ever did through his association with G-Unit. Tough to dis Dre and continue to proclaim yourself the heir to NWA, after all, although I wouldn't put it past that kid.

It's also been rumored that Dre has actually been more heavily involved in this record than the credits suggest.

• there's definitely nothing as catchy as "Hate It Or Love It" or even "Dreams" on here.

Unless you're referring to Dre's executive production prowess, I'm not sure if this follows; neither of those tracks were made by Dre.

• Faux,

No geffen didn't do a buyout... Curtis Jackson music is under Geffen... It was a quiet switch but Since Geffen and Interscope are basically under the same wing with Universal but it was not a big deal to switch it over. There is no money being lost by anyone.

Part of the reason 50cent established the label at Geffen was because of hi contract with Game and alo because G-Unit overall outside of hi releases has been losing, and things are not gravy at Interscope right now.

there's definitely nothing as catchy as "Hate It Or Love It" or even "Dreams" on here.

Unless you're referring to Dre's executive production prowess, I'm not sure if this follows; neither of those tracks were made by Dre.

Yeah, I was making two different statements in the same sentence. 1) Dre's presence = not missed. 2) What is missed = songs like "Hate It or Love It" and "Dreams."

The one Kanye song that's on there is catchy (the new CD) but not at all radio friendly and not "Dreams" catchy. There's nothing remotely as memorable as "Hate It Or Love It" despite many attempts at repeating the "envy me" attitude.

Just to be clear, I actually like parts of The Game album, as I did the last one. But for me, he's just such a fascinating character regardless of his rhyme skills (which, as noted, are fairly limited).

Well, having exposed myself to being heavily from all the G-Unit/Game shenanigans thought I better hear the album.

Not bad but nothing especially memorable beat wise, having said that, this has to be an even more depressing album than Trae's.

Whole thing sounds like a letter you might expect from a partner who'd cheated on you 6 months earlier and now realised the error of their ways. The Busta cameo is just plain weird as well. If I was Dre I'd be blushing about the amount of desperate love being thrown his way.

Faux,

No geffen didn't do a buyout... Curtis Jackson music is under Geffen... It was a quiet switch but Since Geffen and Interscope are basically under the same wing with Universal but it was not a big deal to switch it over. There is no money being lost by anyone.

Part of the reason 50cent established the label at Geffen was because of hi contract with Game and alo because G-Unit overall outside of hi releases has been losing, and things are not gravy at Interscope right now.

Thanks for this - I just spoke with a friend at Universal as well and he basically reiterated most of the same that you note above. If that's the case then, I'm not exactly clear why Dre chose not to work on The Game's album, especially if he's getting paid off it but it might be (according to my friend) that Dre had a front end deal rather than back end points, in which case, fire or flop, the Doctor still gets his fees.