Is Soulstrut Really Better Off.................

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Without Sabadaba?I say Nay......it's actually been quite boring since he was shown the door.But for those of you who enjoyed his website he'd like to let you know it's been updated.www.sabadabada.com

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    FREE SABADABA!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Who?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    He needs to come back.

He would have never kicked off this site if his political views were liberal.

"unified thought strut" reared its ugly head somethng bad here

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Sabadaba was an evil man who hated freedom and gassed his own people. Whether or not he was any threat to OUR safety is completely irrelevant.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

this is getting to be tired.

drewn explained pretty clearly why saba was banned. if drewn was the type to kick people off because he didn't like their world view, i don't think he would have been made a moderater...take it up with RAJ if you feel otherwise.

i'm not around enough these days to say whether the Board is better or worse off, but whoever suggested saba sending a nice LP to drewn as an apology and then being let back on had the right idea.

• Stick to your guns!!!

the ban remains!!!!

• Stick to your guns!!!

the ban remains!!!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

this is getting to be tired.

drewn explained pretty clearly why saba was banned. if drewn was the type to kick people off because he didn't like their world view, i don't think he would have been made a moderater...take it up with RAJ if you feel otherwise.

I'm not saying Drewn kicked him off cause of his views, but the multiple times that people called for the banning of Sabadaba were usually (if not always) during political threads. I'm more than sure that those politically-related calls for his bannishment were taken into account before he got the boot.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Would a simple "fuck you" to a moderator end up in a BAN for ANY strutter?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Sabadaba IS Soulstrut....

He lurks in the back of each and everyone of your minds

The mere mention of his name almost assures a :5pager:

I posted about one of the biggest Record Shows in the U.S. and it gets two responses.

Saba asks me to let y'all know his website is updated for your pleasure and people come out of the woodwork to post.

And even this thread is more entertaining than any Microwave or Becky thread evar!!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    He was entertaining but he had to be made an example of; now people know what not to do if they don't want to get banned. Don't rile the regulars.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I posted about one of the biggest Record Shows in the U.S. and it gets two responses.

The thread title looks too much like an Archaic post about one of his Austin rap butt buddies.

• that fool got banned?

well, i too am not here much, but i think it would be a gentlemanly gesture on his part to first apologize to us all by buying a dedicated soulstrut server. then i might forgive him.

ps
    what did he do?

pss
    forget it. i dont care.

• The mere mention of his name almost assures a :5pager:

I think this has more to do with you then any one else.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

The thread title looks too much like an Archaic post about one of his Austin rap butt buddies.

You're probably right......I just think it's amusing that folks claim this board should be about music and vinyl but it's the NRR threads that always get the most action.

BTW.....in the last year there have been two folks BANNED from the ARC.

One for stealing and one for drinking.....if being an asshole got you banned the place would be half empty.

The mere mention of his name almost assures a :5pager:

I think this has more to do with you then any one else.

C'mon dude...admit it....you miss being called Cousin Lefty!!

But seriously.....the guy emails me out of the blue and asks me to let the folks who care know that his website has been updated.....let him out of "time out" already.....he contributes more than most on both a musical and entertainment level.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    One way in which this board is now considerably worse off: we now have dozens of threads of people wringing thier hands over dude.

One way in which this board is now considerably worse off: we now have dozens of threads of people wringing thier hands over dude.

I don't disagree....but don't you find it very ironic that a BBS that dedicates a lot of time and space to a form of music that expouses the virtues of being from the "street" bans a guy because he "behaves badly".

I won't mention his name again, but political correctness and censorship coming from fans of both "Fuck Da Police" and "Fuck A Bush" is some next level comedy.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    he contributes more than most on both a musical and entertainment level.

Link please!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

Link please!

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post716127

SO FUNNY!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Link please!

Wow! I was on the free sabadaba until I read this. He was making the same kind of jokes about an airplane crash when he got banned, right?

Guzzo, Rock, (since you are always saying the only thing he did different than anyone else was not being a liberal) please tell me when a fuckabush has made jokes about tragedies like those.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Link please!

Wow! I was on the free sabadaba until I read this. He was making the same kind of jokes about an airplane crash when he got banned, right?

Guzzo, Rock, (since you are always saying the only thing he did different than anyone else was not being a liberal) please tell me when a fuckabush has made jokes about tragedies like those.

Delay dropped a very unfunny tidbit on the Canadian college shooting

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post724315

he did later apologize though.

but what I'm saying is his antics weren't that far removed from what other strutters have done and the real hate towards him in his difference in politics.

Most of the vocal right wingers on this board have been attacked by a group of more liberal strutters at sometime or another.

And don't get it twisted I'm liberal as fuck I just hate it when people get pissy when the board isn't all saluting the same way.

Link please!

Sad thing is that many of the Fuck A Bush idiots aren't joking....they HONESTLY believe and post about how the government killed our own citizens on 9/11 and that's much more offensive to me than any joke. As a matter of fact, the post that got him banned was MAKING FUN OF ONE OF THOSE POSTS!!!

What amuses me is that many of the folks that revel in this dude getting banned are the same folks who rail against elitists, censorship and media bias, yet they want to censor and/or kick out of their little exclusive "club" anyone who they deem offensive.

Think maybe the families of gang murder victims are offended by rap artists singing about drive-bys????...if so let's BAN all rap music....many of you are pathetically hypocritical.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i don't give a fuck about any political views or any of that shit but dude simply did not contribute much positive things to the forum. you could say that about a lot of the people who post here but none of them went out of their way to start shit like he did. im all for opposing views because without them, shit gets boring. i am not for someone intentionally disrupting discussion of a topic without adding anything.

this is my only post on this subject and i would really appreciate if more threads like this were not started

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the post that got him banned was MAKING FUN OF ONE OF THOSE POSTS

i thought he told a moderator to fuck off, then proceeded to dare the mod to ban him. so the mod did.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Pardon me for throwing coal on this mere spark of a fire, but you know what's sad to me about these threads? How misdirected they are. What do the three of you think, that enough replies will magically unban "the user"? Plaese, to not flood my PM box, but I'm the one who sent him off and I find it hard to imagine that anyone else would override my decision and reinstate him just because a thread pops up every couple of days saying nothing new.

If you dudes want to frolic with "the user" so badly,

• dayday 9,611 Posts

If you dudes want to frolic with "the user" so badly,

For real. I'm whatever about the whole thing, but some of you are acting mighty bruised in the cheeks over this.

"Can my widdle fwend post now?"

What do the three of you think, that enough replies will magically unban "the user"? Plaese, to not flood my PM box, but I'm the one who sent him off and I find it hard to imagine that anyone else would override my decision and reinstate him just because a thread pops up every couple of days saying nothing new.

Honestly, I'm thinking that you'll admit that banning him was wrong.

I'm hoping that you realize that the very reason Raj installed the "ignore" feature was to allow folks to ignore people who offend them.

I'm hoping that you see that anyone who insists on reading what this guy types instead of ignoring him AND then bitches about it, is fucked up.

I'm wondering why a guy who used the site for the purpose of theft isn't banned??

And I'm hoping I don't get my ass kicked in the Hoops Fantasy League.