w e e k e n d findz (pre-halloween edition)

2»

Comments

• and a copy of "nice and nasty 3" ultimate rap...it was with some older records, but id be surprised if its not a re-re. anyone know how to tell the diference? anyone have an og in their crates?

I have an original. Look for "FW HP " in the runout.

thanks al. i got that little smiley face. but i wont get my hopes up just yet. any other indications? anyone got the re-re? i wouldnt be too mad if it was an og.

I've never seen the re-re and honestly I didn't even know there was one. I know that I got mine waaay back in the day. I am assuming that the re-issue will hot have the "HP" because it is doubtful that Herb Powers had anything to do with a repress.
    Mine's an OG. Got the right runout and of all the records I found with it none was newer than 1985.

• Had a great w/end - traded in some crap CDs (that I'd been given) at local secondhand store and picked up a random collection of goodness with the credit / cash:

The Shirelles / Same - nice version of Ain't No Sunhine + some great open drums
    Al Green / Love & Happiness 7" - finally got a clean copy after finding plenty of trashed ones.
    Jorge Ben / 2 lp compilation - all class
    Tania Maria / Piquant - Yatra Ta is killer dancefloor (latin) jazz

and an OG copy of...

Gloria Scott / What Am I Gonna Da on Casablanca (1974)

Also managed to snag a copy of Emilio Santiago's self titled LP off a friend - the best version of Bananeira in my (admitedly fresh on the Brazilian tip) opinion.

If anyone want's the Gloria Scott LP - I'm up for a trade

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    No I think only one person found it this weekend.
    I've had mine forever. I will most likely be selling it soon though.

• ag, looks like both me and neville found one.
    just checked egay and there are reishhhhhes up there...the difference...i dont know. im tryig to be cynical and not be disapointed later.

did find a we rap more mellow today. definite og status on that!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    ag, looks like both me and neville found one.
    just checked egay and there are reishhhhhes up there...the difference...i dont know. im tryig to be cynical and not be disapointed later.

did find a we rap more mellow today. definite og status on that!

My reissue has "DRI A" and "DRI B" in the runout and both the inner and outer sleeves are obviously new (white cardboard on the inside of th outer sleeve). Not sure if there are any other represses floating around, I got mine about a year ago.

• yo, many thanks...looks like i came up this weekend.

also caught
    doug and jean carn- higher ground
    gary bartz - home!

stevie-innervisions
    parliament-mothership connection
    billy cobham-total eclipse
    bob james one
    haha

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    sunday diggin..for the first time since April

el gran combo - pata pata jala jala boogaloo (gema)
    fatback band - people music (perception)
    funkadelic - uncle jam wants you
    sergio mendes - stillness ----- up for a trade???
    george benson - bad benson (cti)

45's
    the jamaicans - baba boom/tommy mccook - real cool (treasure isle)
    the tennors - cleopatra/***e yu donkey (tennors)
    bob marley - more axe / axe man (upsetter)
    bob marley - ambush/ambush in dub (tuff gong)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

[themack]just some shit from the past week[/themack]

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I didnt get that much this weekend. Went to a record fair only to find it had been held a week early. Did get a few though -

John Barry - Persuaders soundtrack
    Gergio Moroder - Midnight Express ost
    Moments - Best of
    Johnny Harris - Movements

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    st vinny de paul thrifto had a surplus of black covered albums.

the open sky lp is german, right? i've seen it last week. is it good? i didn't listen to it... do i need it?

• nucleus-snakehips etcetera. (not mind blowing but has its moments...)

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    the open sky lp is german, right? i've seen it last week. is it good? i didn't listen to it... do i need it?

It's American, on the PM label, but also issued in Germany on Happy Bird. Featuring Frank Tusa, Dave Liebman, etc. IMO you don't need it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this weekend, i found a bunch of hip hop , disco, jazz and some 60s Brazilian futbol and samba records--but this find i'm particularly fond of:

anyone know where poison ladd was from?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    that photo should not be sideways, i just rotated it in photobucket, oh well.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    A few things this weekend:

Dyson's Faces 2nd LP
    Xplosions - Tell Me Face to Face 45
    Lady B - To the Beat Yall 12"
    Brooklyn Express - Sixty-Nine 12"
    Brooklyn Express - Burning Hot 12"
    Liquid Liquid EP (Thanks N*al!)

Looking for a cover for the Liquid Liquid if anyone has a spare.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    pickups from Buena Park yesterday

That Chuck Armstrong is pretty nice. Rockadelic did a thread on it before with the consensus of info on it being there really is none, any update since then?
    And why does no one ever mention fantom fingers when talking about Hyman? got some really nice loungey stuff on it

Grabbed that Silver Apples with the inert for a pretty cheap price, no sooner do I get it then AP picks up "Contact" right behind me for the same amount

people can celebrate the Other ombie albusm all they want, this is still ymfavorite if only for the comver of "You Really got a Hold On Me"

That Pattersons LP is from the same family/ kids group that released an album on the Birthright label in '77, this one is from '75.
    That Bonnie dobson was a $3 chance. I had bought a lot of her later albums and been realyl dissapointed, this is the one I should of listened to first. 3 incredibly nice tracks a la Essra Mohawk on the B-side of this LP

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

i like that andwella record. two or three tracks on there do it for me.

how is that Main Street and what type of music is it? i was told years ago i would like it... but ive still never heard it.

• i like that andwella record. two or three tracks on there do it for me.

how is that Main Street and what type of music is it? i was told years ago i would like it... but ive still never heard it.

The main street is some bouncy 70's funk. A little to overproduced for me, but there's some good dance tracks on there.

• 5th Dimension- Let the Sunshine In 45 (I have 4 copies )
    Paul Mauriat- Let the Sunshine In (a funky sitar, orchestra and guitar cover)