DJ nightmare story from Myspace

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
this was a repost in my bulletins on myspace...sucks...sorry if it was posted before, I looked but couldnt find it on here...This story is 100% true! Posted on my friend's myspace blog today...i had to share it! Pretty damn unbelievable but maybe there's worse???So I'm DJing at Sushi Samba on Friday night, and there's a large group of young -probably just turned 21 - asian kids sitting right next to me, and basically boxing me into the tiny ass "DJ booth" they have set up there. They were loud, sitting basically on top of each other, about 15 kids in a space meant for about 6 max. They were getting the signature red-cheeks and screaming at each other to communicate- real amateur style. I'm mixing trying to ignore them, thinking how OVER this restaurant gig I am, and then turn around to see one of the dudes PUKING INTO MY RECORD BAG!!!!!!!!yeah- not kidding. Dude literally lost his lobster roll and 4 mojitos, right into my bag of wax!I started losing my shit yelling " I cannot FUCKING believe this" followed by a bunch of curses in Spanish - which by the way really freaked them out because they had no idea what i was saying, and got super nervous. The girls in the crew were like "you need to calm down it was an accident" to which I responded "FUCK THAT- You need to give me some money RIGHT NOW"Then dude who threw up tried to get all gangster on me like he was gonna fight me even though he was still green in the face and could barely stand up. Can you fucking believe this shit?Anyway, the manager and bouncer came over, made them pay their bill and leave, but i managed to have each friend cough up some cash and walked out with $75 and a slew of apologies from the crew. Thanks to my employee discount at Turntable Lab, that's just enough for me to cop a new bag.I literally had to wipe puke off of about 10 sleeves though, and threw away about 4 more.This was definitely the GNARLIEST thing that has ever happened to me while DJing. I honestly hope this NEVER happens to any DJ out there, it was seriously the lamest thing to ever go down for me while behind the decks... "

Comments

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    Your "friend" should have stole dude in the back of head for only leaving $75 bones, he kinda of went out like a punk.

• ehhh....who knows how many "friends" this thing got passed down to until I read it?...I dont know dude, I agree he pussed out big time. I would of held dudes wallet for ransom until I got enough dough. shit if the dude was that faded, it would have been like taking candy from a baby.

• when i throw-up i have no control, it just happens. that easily could have been me.

i would have asked the dude's friends to clean up my bag and depending on how good a job they did, also asked that they pay for a new one.

if he took a shit in your bag, that would be a different story.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

when i throw-up i have no control, it just happens. that easily could have been me.

Note to self. Do not party with keithvanhorn

• I keep my record bag close and annoying folks away from the DJ Booth....

ALWAYS....

If not, stupid shit like that will happen....

People in clubs, bars, etc. more times than not, think that being out on the town gives them license to act like assholes. What I like to refer to as "amateur hour".

One time, a dude thought nothing of just coming up to the booth and trying to look through my record bag. As he was on his mid-drunken knees about to flip through my stack, I pushed him over with my foot and gave him the ice grilling of a lifetime. He got up and skulked away while his friends looked on in disbelief. he won't be trying that again anytime soon.

• I hope that Stef and Serg show up in this thread with their story about Toph's chocolate birthday cake.

• I would of held dudes wallet girlfriend[/b] for ransom

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if he was using Microwave, none of his records would have gotten puke on them

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I keep my record bag close and annoying folks away from the DJ Booth....

ALWAYS....

If not, stupid shit like that will happen....

People in clubs, bars, etc. more times than not, think that being out on the town gives them license to act like assholes. What I like to refer to as "amateur hour".

One time, a dude thought nothing of just coming up to the booth and trying to look through my record bag. As he was on his mid-drunken knees about to flip through my stack, I pushed him over with my foot and gave him the ice grilling of a lifetime. He got up and skulked away while his friends looked on in disbelief. he won't be trying that again anytime soon.

• if he was using Microwave, none of his records would have gotten puke on them

No, just his laptop

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    The "resident" MC here @ Ministry of Sound Taipei (MC FOX FROM SEATTLE - Chan u know him, said he's boys with Jake), spilled beer on my Microwave box on Saturday.

I got him fired on Monday.

b

• The "resident" MC here @ Ministry of Sound Taipei (MC FOX FROM SEATTLE - Chan u know him, said he's boys with Jake), spilled beer on my Microwave box on Saturday.

I got him fired on Monday.

b