what are you doing about the quality of your life?

picoandsepulvedapicoandsepulveda 1,026 Posts
edited March 2016 in Off Topic (NRR)
I just stopped smoking cigarettes (2 weeks) and recently started jogging, how about you?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Stay on that smokes ting dog. It ain't easy but it's worth it.

• I'm on week three without cigarettes and i'm getting married week after next. That and I've vowed to only buy good records from now on.

• quit smoking, 4 months on 11/7.

• still working out; now i gotta drink less. trying to really put my reading game on smash, too.

• Congrats to all you dudes who are giving up cigs. I'm really glad I never started--I've seen too many heart attacks in my family.

For me, I'm working out six days a week and eating six small (healthy) meals a day. Some days are more difficult than others, but hey, my cholesterol is down 60 points since last year and I'm in the best shape of my life.

Fuck that "getting old" nonsense.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    working out 3 intense sessions a week (2 strength training sessions, 1 endurance stamina training)

Started a Roth fund

increased the fruit I eat in a day

got a $100 a week raise 3 weeks ago

watching less TV

listening to amazing music

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm working out six days a week and eating six small (healthy) meals a day.

I do some form of exercise 6 days a week, but I eat 1 regular-sized lunch, and one HUGE meal for dinner (which is not good).

I quit smoking for 6 months, and I was completely fine without it. Then came a traumatic experience, and now i'm on and off again. I've entered my second full-time work, and I've gone through literaly TODAY, without a single cigarrette. I'm having one when I get back home...

In order to quit smoking, I think you need a lot of energy and unwavering determination. For those trying to quit, it's constantly a battle between instant gratification and long-term health.

Lately:

Sneaking into friend's apartment for swimming and jacuzzi = stress relief.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Trying to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night (previous < 4)
    Eating less junk food, more fruits n veggies

SG

• trying to really put my reading game on smash, too.

this is a great look.

i've just gotten around to books i should have read years ago. Started Moby Dick over the weekend and am about 1/3 of the way into it.

• Oh yeah I need to eat better and exercise more.

But I left them girls alone and moved in with my wife to be.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    (+)

Stopped eating red meat & chicken => pescaterian. Might drop fish too, sometime in the future.

Don't drink soda.

Ride a bike, walk to almost any place I have to go to.

(-)

Still drink way too much.

Have to find the time to start weightlifting + excercise again. Even if it means even less sleep.

• Bikram Yoga once a week.

Eat what I want

Fuck all I want

Futbol twice a week

Reading more

TV watching was never that outta hand. I still watch the tube.

Weed is strictly on the weekend warrior schedule...

Drinking down to a minimum. Few beers on the weekend.

Still unfade-able at 36

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Eat what I want

Fuck all I want

• Updating my Facebook profile.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    For me, I'm working out six days a week and eating six small (healthy) meals a day.
    drop the science

ive been eating like some cereal and fruits or whatever, a big lunch, and then a salad and maybe something else small for dinner lately. i switched from coffee to tea and havent had any coffee in about three or four months. beyond that nothing really

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    3 months off the ciggies... and it's hard, but I feel better. And I'm actually sleeping less and getting more work done. I'm also in the process of making a position for myself in a company that will not only mean all the raers I could dream of, but a better, cleaner world for us all!
    Yay!

• I need to start using that gym membership again but I'm waiting for the new ipod shuffle to come in the mail first. The music there makes me want to gouge my ears out and the people are pretty

Gotta eat right and drink enough water. Don't wanna be pissin stones.

Sleep is a bitch I wanna tap but she ain't havin' it.

But on the real I just got a $1600 a month raise so that's gotta be easy on the lifestyle.

• Sleep is a bitch I wanna tap but she ain't havin' it. But on the real I just got a $1600 a month raise so that's gotta be easy on the lifestyle.

Wait.... you mean to say that you're earning the cash BUT your lady ain't givin it up?

Might be time to look for outside options....

• trying to really put my reading game on smash, too.

this is a great look.

i've just gotten around to books i should have read years ago. Started Moby Dick over the weekend and am about 1/3 of the way into it.

moby dick is a really good look. might be the best (note: not favorite) book I've ever read. NEXTLEVEL to the NTH degree.

There is a passage about finding your 'insular tahiti,' that is my favorite passage in all of literature. About half way through...look for it. I keep a copy laminated in my wallet.

• Sleep is a bitch I wanna tap but she ain't havin' it. But on the real I just got a $1600 a month raise so that's gotta be easy on the lifestyle.

Wait.... you mean to say that you're earning the cash BUT your lady ain't givin it up?

Outside option to sleep? What might that be? Drugs? Sorry, that was a medaphoar

Outside option to sleep? What what would that be exactly?

Hahahaha.... my bad, dude.

I just re-read it and what I originally thought you meant was that you're having trouble sleeping. Because of that, you're tossin & turnin, eventually trying to get it on with your lady in an attempt to ease the tension and get some zzzzz's. I then realized what you actually wrote. Hahaha....

It would have meant that if there were a comma or period after the word "bitch".

Read it too fast....

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Recently pretty much quit drinking other than a beer or two with my football on Sunday, and I'm trying really hard to get to bed before 1AM. Feeling a little difference, at least it makes getting up at 6am with the kids easier. Getting old is a bitch.

• There is a passage about finding your 'insular tahiti,' that is my favorite passage in all of literature. About half way through...look for it. I keep a copy laminated in my wallet.

So many noteable passages already and as i said i just started this over the weekend. i could totally benefit from memorizing and repeating a few of them a few times a day. i'll for sure look out for the passage you're speaking on.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    +
    Got an assistant to help get the workaholism in check, so spending more time with my wife.
    Going to dentist and getting all these cavities handled, finally.
    No soda, no caffeine, barely drinking, no drugs.
    Eating healthier snacks - yogurt, fruit, granola.
    _

Still eating big portions at dinner.
    Not excercising enough.
    Sitting in front of the computer too goddamn much.
    Since the switch to Microwave, I've gotten noticably weaker from not hefting those flight cases.

• making and playing music
    being considerate to both friends and strangers
    paying attention to and spending lots of time with my daughter/son
    saying kind things and communicating with my gal
    keeping enough weed around so I can smoke when I want
    buying and keeping in stock a good supply of groceries without overspending
    excercise/stretching
    avoiding partially hydrogenated oils/high fructose syrups, etc.
    setting daily, weekly and monthly goals
    writing things down, keeping lists
    drinking less beer (it's tough)
    answering emails more promptly
    paying bills on time (at least trying to)
    drinking more water

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I'm thinking of quitting my job, moving out to the country, becoming a farmer, and starting a polygamy cult.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    Been hitting the gym like 5 days a week.

Trying to change the eating habits but shit is hard. Doesn't help that on the weekends I usually fuck that shit up by getting drunk and eating garbage. I'm not about to drop the beers though.

Trying to get more organization going on in my life. I'm sick of the pile of shit that is my closet so I started on that first. Next up is record/office area

Been managing the funds better, actually able to put away a little stack.

• switched to diet coke 3 wks ago.
    peace, stein. . .

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Has anybody got some top tips for stopping smoking?? Id really like to stop killing myself slowly.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I'm on week three without cigarettes and i'm getting married week after next. That and I've vowed to only buy good records from now on.

Damn, Neville, I didn't know it was that fast! Vegas? Eloping? Small and fast is the move, man....nice work!

Me, trying to be in bed by 11pm on weeknights....VERY hard, but I need more sleep. Gotta try and give up sugar again too.

Oh, and I am trying to sell my old house in MD(this will help my peace of mind)...anyone needs a home in the DC area, artist's community, laid back neighborhood close to DC- easy commute, 3 bedrooms/basement and off-street parking, just holler on the PM!