In the palm of his hand...

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i still dont get it... whats in the palm of his hand?

in the first picture its a microphone, but in the second one you can only see one of his hands and he is making a sign with his fingers. the other hand is behind his back.

OH I GET IT NOW!!!

if we guess what is in his hands, we win a prize!

sweet! um , ok... is it a BLT?

how many guesses do we get? if we get three each my first is: a BLT
    then: a dove
    then: a bucket and spade

but is bucket and spade 2 guesses? if so then just the bucket.

no, i changed my mind. the spade.

my third guess is the spade, not the bucket.

NOT

no. wait a minute, if the spade is IN the bucket, then that only counts as one guess right?

shit, do i go spade in bucket or just bucket or just spade,...

can i get a half point if it is a bucket AND spade and i only guess bucket OR spade?

if so, then lets do that: bucket AND spade but then if its just a bucket and i guess spade then i dont get shit.

and i want to choose a dove as my first guess and the BLT as my second now.

but if i get three then it makes no differance really, so yeah if i only get one guess:

dove.

but if i get 3 guesses then

1. dove

2. blt

3. bucket AND spade

(but if thats two guesses then spade.)

no, bucket.

bucket. definatly bucket.

Go Dove!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

he had three kids in the palm of his hand?!?!

fuck.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

The plaque shots are to remind you that despite so many fairweather fans jumping off of the Texas rap bandwagon about as fast as they jumped on it that the home team is still winning.
    Thanks for the reminder.

In other words, go ahead and put all of the energy that you can possibly muster into hating on Cham's so-called wack album, Trae's unacceptable sales figures, Z-Ro's repeated trips to prison, UGK's reluctance to put out a proper album, etc.
    Uh... with the exception of a few people saying Cham's album was wack, I think you got the wrong message board. People are all over the nuts of Trae, Z, and UGK here... or are you just not paying attention again?

Continue to pretend that you know next to anything about me and my support of Texas rap.
    Thanks for the invite, you can count on me.

One thing I can tell you is that you can count on me having faith that Salih Williams and Rapid Ric will build further upon their success to date.
    One thing I can tell you is that nobody cares about what you have faith in. Seriously... nobody.

And that Austin artists including Basswood Lane, Nac, Gerald G, Ryno, VIP, Public Offenders, Young Nick, Element7d, Rochelle Terrell, etc. make music every bit as good as anything that you're currently being spoon fed by the majors.
    I'm sure they are all very nice people and I wish them the best of luck. Here's to hoping that they never get picked up by the majors and enjoy national success. I mean, sure, that would probably make them happy, but what would you, THE FAN, have to put in your backpack???

Carnival Beats recently unveiled a 19 year old production protege named T-Real whose contributions to Nac's new mixtape are monumentally impressive to say the least.
    Your contribution to soulstrut is momumentally retarded, to say the least.

And through my condescending tone, I'm actually hoping that some of you will reconsider your trickle-down approach to rap fandom.
    Well, thats a new one.

I don't know what y'all are getting out of worshipping pop-hop bullschitt at the same time that you clown local realness, but the shit is lame to the fullest.
    Entertainment value?

And to answer NZ's question, the winning answer of what is in Cham's hand:

HarveyAnal's balls.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I am really apreciating NZ's contribution to this thread.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    lip syncying an 12 year olds.

honestly, what are you trying to accomplish?

3 kids.

3 bloody kids!

that is some bullshit. if i was a famous rapper no way would i be carrying around three whiney children, let alone on stage.

id have a fucking dove.

or a BLT.

shit, unless those kids were making me BLTs id get rid of em.

and whats up with all the money?

spoilt little shits.

when i was young we didnt have enough money to have money, i had to sell gravel on the side of the road just to earn enough money to buy gravel.

and those sunglasses are stupid as well. for one they are too big. Kids dont need sunglasses, kids need buckets and spades.

fucking bullshit competition anyway.

it was the dove wasnt it?

fucking stupid bird. shoulda stuck with the BLT

and ya know what? even when you DO have a dove in the palm of your hand, the bastard bird fucking ruins everything.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

He's doing God's work

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

He's doing God's work

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    The crowd shots are to remind you that Texas artists don't have to leave their state to be given the superstar treatment.

The plaque shots are to remind you that despite so many fairweather fans jumping off of the Texas rap bandwagon about as fast as they jumped on it that the home team is still winning.

In other words, go ahead and put all of the energy that you can possibly muster into hating on Cham's so-called wack album, Trae's unacceptable sales figures, Z-Ro's repeated trips to prison, UGK's reluctance to put out a proper album, etc.

Continue to pretend that you know next to anything about me and my support of Texas rap.

One thing I can tell you is that you can count on me having faith that Salih Williams and Rapid Ric will build further upon their success to date. And that Austin artists including Basswood Lane, Nac, Gerald G, Ryno, VIP, Public Offenders, Young Nick, Element7d, Rochelle Terrell, etc. make music every bit as good as anything that you're currently being spoon fed by the majors.

Carnival Beats recently unveiled a 19 year old production protege named T-Real whose contributions to Nac's new mixtape are monumentally impressive to say the least.

There is so much to be excited about here in Austin when it comes to rap. And through my condescending tone, I'm actually hoping that some of you will reconsider your trickle-down approach to rap fandom. I don't know what y'all are getting out of worshipping pop-hop bullschitt at the same time that you clown local realness, but the shit is lame to the fullest.

[obvious] Paid to post. [/obvious]

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

There is so much to be excited about here in Austin when it comes to rap. And through my condescending tone, I'm actually hoping that some of you will reconsider your trickle-down approach to rap fandom. I don't know what y'all are getting out of worshipping pop-hop bullschitt at the same time that you clown local realness, but the shit is lame to the fullest.

Who in god's name is clowning "local realness"? Is saying Cham's album is bad "clowning local realness"? Is recognizing that it's unfortunate that Trae's album isn't platinum "clowning local realness"? Is liking Puff Daddy's pop-rap album "clowning local realness"? I don't know why you have to manufacture enemies out of nowhere. I mean, so what, D****l doesn't like the Cham album. Stop getting so fucking ass hurt over it and grow the fuck up.

You are so fucking delusional it'd be hysterical if it wasn't so fucking pathetic.

By the way, I think any and all of us would listen to any of the artists you mentioned with an open mind and open ears. Should I list a list of Philly rappers that you're neglecting to be informed about and then claim that you're "clowning my local realness"?

Jesus.

-e

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Should I list a list of Philly rappers that you're neglecting to be informed about and then claim that you're "clowning my local realness"?

Please do.

This board would really pop if we had a Shied for every region.

Why y'all need clarification from me on your own job of slighting quality independents in favor of any given half-assed rapper who puts an album out on a major label is what's really ridiculous.

Amd yeah, I would like to hear about good, under-represented artists from Philly. Really, that's a major part of my ongoing point...that I'd like to see more folks repping their local rap experience rather than just jocking already-bloated industry fodder.

Dudes want to think that their opinions really mean something when in reality they are far more connected to internet leaks from distant moguls than the artists in their own damned neighborhoods.

And it's not at all about hating on success. Many of my favorite albums (Trae's, TI's, Juvenile's, etc.) from the past year were released by majors. I'd love to see many of the Austin artists that I've been riding for get signed by majors. I'm glad to see that Chamillionaire has gone platunum.

Anyway, since when are 15 year olds wack in comparison to a bunch of grumpy 30-somethings?

Y'all try so damned hard to feel like y'all have some inside information on musical moevements...but most often you'd rather derive it from an old forgotten record from some long-since extinct scene. That says a lot to me when the treatment that you in turn give to current rap is about as lazy as could be expected from detatched outsiders.

I've made this appeal before...but please try to stand for something aside from what trends have dictated that your plastic tastes are going to be this week.

I dunno, I'd much rather be labeled a cheerleader for something like Project Blowed than ever be caught acting like a card-carrying member of Justin Timberlake's fan club.

I mean, how in the world are you going to openly hate on what Outkast has been up to as of late, but then follow it up by cosigning the most generic and misguided of Timbaland productions?

Not about shit must really be contagious and the way it looks to me this place is calling for a quarantine.

Seriously, how many of y'all are deejays that normally pride yourselves on obscure soul and funk gems yet in recent times have found yourselves catering to the least common denominators out there by way of consistently playing pop-hop crap? Of course you don't consider it to be crap because it's possibly making you famous and in turn you realy like it (and please keep trying to convince us how ingenius it is to do so), but crap it most definitely is.

Please stop fooling yourselves. Of course you're all going to follow your own hearts, but please know that in the process many of you are crossing over every bit as disgustingly as a Will Smith with that anti-hardcore rap, candy-ass bullschitt that you keep supporting in favor of the local realness.

Alright, there's enough for y'all to throw hissy fits over for now.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Hahah I was looking at that guy earlier!

I know that dude. His name is Gary Miller and he's a professional photographer.

tell him i thought he was wicked in Goonies

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I'm pretty sure he fought Hulk Hogan in a steel cage at Wrestlemania 2

I'm pretty sure he fought Hulk Hogan in a steel cage at Wrestlemania 2

did Jimmy Superfly Snuka ever fight Hulk?

superfly was bad, dude would dominate the cage.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    [did Jimmy Superfly Snuka ever fight Hulk?

I don't think so, but in the mid-eighties he was known for jumping off the top rope while repping his local Samoan rap scene

I don't think so, but in the mid-eighties he was known for jumping off the top rope while repping his local Fijian[/b] rap scene

Why y'all need clarification from me on your own job of slighting quality independents in favor of any given half-assed rapper who puts an album out on a major label is what's really ridiculous.

Amd yeah, I would like to hear about good, under-represented artists from Philly. Really, that's a major part of my ongoing point...that I'd like to see more folks repping their local rap experience rather than just jocking already-bloated industry fodder.

Dudes want to think that their opinions really mean something when in reality they are far more connected to internet leaks from distant moguls than the artists in their own damned neighborhoods.

And it's not at all about hating on success. Many of my favorite albums (Trae's, TI's, Juvenile's, etc.) from the past year were released by majors. I'd love to see many of the Austin artists that I've been riding for get signed by majors. I'm glad to see that Chamillionaire has gone platunum.

Anyway, since when are 15 year olds wack in comparison to a bunch of grumpy 30-somethings?

Y'all try so damned hard to feel like y'all have some inside information on musical moevements...but most often you'd rather derive it from an old forgotten record from some long-since extinct scene. That says a lot to me when the treatment that you in turn give to current rap is about as lazy as could be expected from detatched outsiders.

I've made this appeal before...but please try to stand for something aside from what trends have dictated that your plastic tastes are going to be this week.

I dunno, I'd much rather be labeled a cheerleader for something like Project Blowed than ever be caught acting like a card-carrying member of Justin Timberlake's fan club.

I mean, how in the world are you going to openly hate on what Outkast has been up to as of late, but then follow it up by cosigning the most generic and misguided of Timbaland productions?

Not about shit must really be contagious and the way it looks to me this place is calling for a quarantine.

Seriously, how many of y'all are deejays that normally pride yourselves on obscure soul and funk gems yet in recent times have found yourselves catering to the least common denominators out there by way of consistently playing pop-hop crap? Of course you don't consider it to be crap because it's possibly making you famous and in turn you realy like it (and please keep trying to convince us how ingenius it is to do so), but crap it most definitely is.

Please stop fooling yourselves. Of course you're all going to follow your own hearts, but please know that in the process many of you are crossing over every bit as disgustingly as a Will Smith with that anti-hardcore rap, candy-ass bullschitt that you keep supporting in favor of the local realness.

Alright, there's enough for y'all to throw hissy fits over for now.

I think "local realness" has now officially entered the SoulStrut lexicon.

• Can Chamillionaire teach me how to catch a crawdad?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Haaaaaaa, that shit made laugh harder than Archaics posts!

Can Chamillionaire teach me how to catch a crawdad?

And what does he really know about sifting through cow patties in search of magic mushrooms?

The people need to know whether or not he is a righteous funk provideur.

Haaaaaaa, that shit made laugh harder than Archaics posts!

Alright, DJ Dayboy.