mufuggin traffic camera

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Anybody been hit up by one? I just did, coming down Crescent Hieghts at Fountain. I knew it was close but I gunned it and BLAP!!! Flash goes off. muFUCK! What's the ticket. 360? Maybe some traffic school will reduce it but damn.

Comments

• Anybody been hit up by one? I just did, coming down Crescent Hieghts at Fountain. I knew it was close but I gunned it and BLAP!!! Flash goes off. muFUCK! What's the ticket. 360? Maybe some traffic school will reduce it but damn.

sometimes they go off but don't get recorded.. the city doesn't always fill them with film cause its so expensive.. cross those fingers dood

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    that's bullshit...they've got these all over Toledo now. if I still lived there I'd be going out at night with some black spray paint and a step stool.

if they ever get them in Michigan I think there will be riots.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i heard if you covered your face you could contest that it wasnt you. but that might not be true.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i heard if you covered your face you could contest that it wasnt you. but that might not be true.

not true.

your plates will show who the car is registered to.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    do they only put these in states that have front and back license plates?

• I always thought they snapped a pic of your rear plates. At least that's how they do it when you run a toll in some places.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    the central scrutinizer is here'
    soon all lisence plates will have a smart barcode that pigs will be able to read as they drive by you
    for instance if you owe money for a parking ticket and you failed to make a court appearence so there is a bench warrant out for your arrest but you don't even know it because it happened somewhere else IN state
    as you drive by the cop his scanner picks up "SCOFFLAW" and issues an immeditae audio and visual alert to him you get towed and arrested in a minute
    sad but true
    in holland i drove over the saftey markers on the rightside of the highway for a second to avoid hitting a bird and i got a ticket in the mail sent to NYC for that shit
    the i didn't pay it and the tried to grab me at the airport as i was leaveing holland a few years later but by then it was too late and they had to let me go home
    without paying anything
    ps they got retna scanners at schipol for dutch residents
    bladerunner yo

• i heard if you covered your face you could contest that it wasnt you. but that might not be true.

They used to have white vans on the side of the road here that snapped photos of you and your plates for speeding. You didn't have to pay them if they couldn't tell it was you, even if it was your car. For instance, one of my room mates was driving my brother's car once while wearing a hat and sunglasses and he got caught for that and they sent the letter with the photo and it actually said due to the inability to identify the driver, this will serve as a warning or some such bullshit.

The traffic light ones could be another story, but still, if it was obvious enough that it wasn't you, I bet you could take it to traffic court and have it dismissed.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    They just put these fucking things in Houston a month ago. Shit is driving me crazy.

They have only two cops that work these things. They take the fotage, review it, then decide to send you the ticket or not. I don't know how it works in other cities but if you contest your ticket and the cop doesn't show up, it gets dismissed. With only two cops, that is a shitload of supenas and a lot of missed work one way or the other.

Anyone ever try that clear spray you spray onto your license plate that makes it so you those things just get a glare and no plate when they try to take pictures???

• Damn, someone needs to spray paint those camera lenses.

My first post!!! HI!!!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i heart traffic cameras.

they slow people down.

they stop light running.

and they let cops do more important shit.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Anyone ever try that clear spray you spray onto your license plate that makes it so you those things just get a glare and no plate when they try to take pictures???

not personally but i've heard they don't work so well.

regarding the "is it you driving" stuff...most places that have these cameras have passed laws that say it's OK to send the owner of a vehicle a ticket regardless of who is driving. Like in Northwood (a suburb of Toledo), if you get a ticket you have like 30 days to tell them who it was if it wasn't you, or give them a police report saying your car was stolen...otherwise you have to pay it. It's total BS.

and the best part of it is, the company that makes the cameras has a contract that they get something like 50% of the profits from the tickets. It's basically privatized law enforcement.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    On a related note...

Town trials talking CCTV cameras[/b]

Street offenders on Teesside are being shamed by "talking" CCTV cameras.

Seven cameras in Middlesbrough town centre have a facility, which allows operators to bark orders at those involved in anti-social behaviour.

Officials hope the additions to the town's 160 cameras will help to further reduce street crime.

It is the latest crime prevention move for Middlesbrough, whose elected mayor is Ray Mallon, the former senior police officer who was dubbed Robocop.

Barry Coppinger, Middlesbrough Council's executive member for community safety, said: "CCTV is making Middlesbrough safer and this added facility will make it more effective.

'Community safety'

"For example, if an operative now sees someone dropping litter, they can tell them to pick it up, or if they see an incident starting to get out of hand, they can give advice that will hopefully nip it in the bud.

"I think that it will give people extra confidence as they go about their business and re-enforce the message that Middlesbrough is a place that is constantly thinking about community safety."

A similar "talking" system was piloted in Wiltshire in 2003.

Mr Coppinger added: "Middlesbrough's CCTV network is one of the most comprehensive in the UK and in 2005 was responsible for helping net 678 offenders. "It was also responsible for helping locate 15 missing people."

The system is managed from a command centre in the town's main bus station and linked to Cleveland Police headquarters.

It is hoped to install another three "talking" cameras in Middlesbrough by April 2007.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tees/5353538.stm

Another article about it worth reading:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...in_page_id=1770