What is up with country music?

2»

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

def leppard are cool as shit.

um???????

either you are a Pyromania fanboy or SERIOUSLY diconnected from the backwoods skreetz.

Becuase i'm thinking there are not too many folks out there calling def leppard "country".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I dont like country or listen to it but its pretty clear that no one on this page has any vested interest in it, which is why attitudes are so negative. You all sound like anti-rap fans. I mean christ faux of all people to speak about 'reactionary lyrical content,' dude you know i like lots of the same shit you do but lets not act like Jeezy is on some politically progressive tip plz.
    Did I mention that you sound ass-hurt?
    I dont see how, i have no vested interest in country either.

Stop lying. You listen to country and techno. A lot. Occasionally at the same time.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I do listen to techno.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

def leppard are cool as shit.

um???????

either you are a Pyromania fanboy or SERIOUSLY diconnected from the backwoods skreetz.

Becuase i'm thinking there are not too many folks out there calling def leppard "country".

go back and read the thread, its the mutt Lange connexion, but Def leppard ARE country. and ROCK and RAP and GOSPEL and FOLK...

Def leppard are the truth.

bow down.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

Perhaps the scariest photo i have ever seen.

bow down

• Toby Keith is

'cause I know for a fact he cant hang with some Dutronc while he sips his Gin and Tonic.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Rap has a lot more in common w/ 'lowest common denominator' country than it does all of the indie rock that it gets compared to on the internet.

I can agree with this....

Interesting digression: This weekend I was talking to a neighbor of mine, and my wife said that this neighbor had just gotten an iPod and I should give her some music.

"What kind of music do you like?"

"Oh, y'know, all kinds I guess. A little bit of everything."

"Ok", I said, trying to widdle down the scope, "What kind of music do you HATE?"

"Rap and Country."

Rap has a lot more in common w/ 'lowest common denominator' country than it does all of the indie rock that it gets compared to on the internet.

I can agree with this....

Please be serious: nobody on the internet listens to indie rock anymore. It's all about Diddy and Justin Timberlake.

Please be serious: nobody on the internet listens to indie rock anymore. It's all about Diddy and Justin Timberlake.

and Def Leppard

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Stop lying. You listen to country and techno. A lot. Occasionally at the same time.

also known as Turbofolk. Here one famous interpretation by a Serbian pacifist.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I'm much more interested in the fashions.

in terms of gayness chesney ain't got nothin' on such shirtless narcisists as tupac, lil wayne & fiddy

---

Did I say anything about sexuality?

This point might better be addressed to the board's numerous homophobes.

don't be asshurt now.

I was just musing aloud, or in print as it were.

---

You're out of pot, aren't you?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    christ faux

Graemlin please

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    The most wretched people in the world are those who tell you they like every kind of music 'except country,'" writes pop-culture guru Chuck Klosterman in his book Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs. "People who say that are boorish and pretentious at the same time ... they hate it because it speaks to normal people in a tangible, rational manner. Hipsters hate it because they hate Midwesterners, and they hate Southerners, and they hate people with real jobs."

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Do all country dudes look like this now?

somebody needs a pink cowboy hat?

The most wretched people in the world are those who tell you they like every kind of music 'except country,'" writes pop-culture guru Chuck Klosterman in his book Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs. "People who say that are boorish and pretentious at the same time ... they hate it because it speaks to normal people in a tangible, rational manner. Hipsters hate it because they hate Midwesterners, and they hate Southerners, and they hate people with real jobs."

I agree with this to some extent, except I think people that feel the need to declare that they don't listen to country generally do so because they are the type of people that could credibly be mistaken for Garth Brooks fans. In other words, they're not hipsters, but people that listen to soft rock without the twang.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I'm gonna cop some cowboy boots one of these days.