Hottest Mixtapes, What you listening to???

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I got Muro Vs Paul Nice, and Paul Nice's "Soul on the Grill". I love 'em both.What else do you guys suggest?

Comments

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    morse code & j.nougat - hard crack candy
    eleven & matt africa - dirty raps
    kero one - plug famalam mixtape
    king most - maximum joy

bay area got mixtapes on lock!

one need only to head over to the announcements section of the soulstrut board to find hot mixtapes.

-rich

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    That fool L Dula sent me a package the other day and there were two new mix CDs in it! "Illa In Manilla" and "L Dula's Magic Record." Both are stoopid dope.

Also feeling Muro's "Now And Then - In Search Of Disco Breaks" and my hommie Zach Hendrix's "Winning Hand"(CRAZY break mix cd!)

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    Dj Eleven - Summer Madness

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I SAY BEST MIXTAPES OF THE MODERN AGE:

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i'd hate but i dunno what to hate on?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    that new de la mixtape (well, what u call mixtape nowadays) is kinda dope...the track with the bobby byrd sample is sick...

still one of my atf is signify's "mixed messages", that one is for real....

• and my hommie Zach Hendrix's "Winning Hand"(CRAZY break mix cd!)

damn Zac's the shit, you ever see him, tell him gunther b in denver said whattup. that's one of the nicest cats i ever met, crazy record knowledge and dj skills to boot. i'd like to peep his new mix, in fact. where can i get it?

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I have been playing Paul Nice "Brazil" and Clipse "We got the Remix" a lot this past week. They aren't recent but I was sleeping.

and my hommie Zac Hendrix's "Winning Hand"(CRAZY break mix cd!)

damn Zac's the shit, you ever see him, tell him gunther b in denver said whattup. that's one of the nicest cats i ever met, crazy record knowledge and dj skills to boot. i'd like to peep his new mix, in fact. where can i get it?

Zac is on tour with Del right now and he might be selling his mix CDs at the shows. I don't know if he is selling the "Winning Hand" CD yet as he finished it right before they left for the tour.

He also did a nice 70s soul mix CD titled "Party People 75-79."

• spinbad just put all of his mixes up for sale on his website. everything i've heard from him has been so i'm thinking about buying a few for my ipod.

The Spinbad joints are CRAZY!!!!!!!! The 80s mixes are

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    ive been rocking "paul nice - do you pick your feet in poughkeepsie" and " mr. supreme - it never ends" alot lately

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I fuck with Green Lantern mixes on the regular.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    the track with the bobby byrd sample is sick...
    Yes, that shit is hawt.

• mordecai's elementary 80's (not as dope as spinbad's, but fresh to def nonetheless)
    Geezus' Are there Any Question (self plugging rarely's )

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    I've been listening to several grime mixtapes recently. Never big on the genre until hearing that Heavy Meckle mixtape.

Logan Sama - War Report
    http://handsonwax.co.uk/War/

Also

DJ Concerned - Talkin' Loud But Saying Something (New Orleans Brass Band Mix)
    L.Dula - Broken Window (if there are new ones available, I definitely want to buy 'em)
    DJ Wicked - Just Plain Terror, DJ P - Hell On Wheels 1 & 2 ('tis the season)

Of course, none of 'em except for possibly L.Dula really jives in a similar vein as the Paul Nice stuff, sorry.

• i also listen/buy a lot of Neil Armstrong's cds. some are better than others, but he puts work into all of them. my favorite is his second cd in the Originals series. i think its called 2 original. regardless of his skills, that cd had to have taken MONTHS to put together.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

but nothing is really fuckin with those old Ron G blend tapes!

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    im listenin always to some mid90ties mixtapes..yes call me from the actual mixtape scene but this "new" hiphop isnt my taste..

fav. mixtapes:

Dj Premier - Crooklyn Cuts Series
    " " - New York Reality Check 101
    Evil Dee - One
    " " - Escape From Hell
    " " - Beatminerz Vol. 1
    " " - Rare Grooves
    " " - Pure Dope
    Alkuttraz - Mind Occupation
    Dj Handjob - Audible Orgasm

• That fool L Dula sent me a package the other day and there were two new mix CDs in it! "Illa In Manilla" and "L Dula's Magic Record." Both are stoopid dope.

What I need to talk to dude to send me them joints! WOW so many out there that are good on rotation this week:

DJ Day (Crap I left it at work and I can't think of the name)... the one he did live in Jan. 2006

UndertheRadar and I just copped that Kon & Amir... So far so fresh...

Soulman always on rotation and so is Paul Nasty Nice, Conmen....

Oh and that SILVER CHILD AND MSA Still diggin #3 Nice

and DJ Coolhands that Friends of Sound CD.... FRESH so sneaky and Cool hands really has cool hands on the cut, like "hey Mage, your hands are so cool do you use Palmolive"...

AND that CARNE ASADA CHEESE STEAK is fire!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    I fuck with Green Lantern mixes on the regular.
    he's just a blender. i prefer my djs to blend thier words on dvds.