SoulStrut NBA Fantasy League 2006-2007

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    snagged baby!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    You're kind of a "pro" at this, aren't you rkwpark?

I'll look into the settings issue and shout back.

ed, see my PM.

rkwpark, can you hip us to some more info about the weekly roster changes as opposed to the daily ones?

Does that mean you can't change your mind about playing somebody at any point during the week?

I opened the league to a final count of fourteen, and there is one remaining slot.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    yeah when you set it to 'setting lineups once a week' if a player goes down then you cant replace him until the following week. i know its kinda dicey but when you leave it up to daily roster changes, ive been in leagues where dudes will seriously drop players and add players to fill a roster spot so they can get those stats. dudes who have spreadsheets on players and subscribe to fantasy sports mags.

when you think about there isnt much difference between the fantasy sports player vs. the soulstrut record collectro.

looking forward to this league 14teams deep is gonna make things competitive. someone already said that folks is gonna really have to dig to scoop up gems. who knows about my bol adonal foyle! slow big man with rock hard hands in the don nelson uptempo run tmc offense! you know it! he's good for 3 turnovers and 1 block.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Thanks for expanding for us stragglers....it says the draft will be the 29th but I assume that will be changed to the 24th.

Best of luck to everyone.

Please note:

Live draft has been changed to: Tuesday, October 24 @ 8 p.m. ADT[/b]

We still have one more spot open in the league. Anyone who was cut out earlier or has found new interest, now is the time.

Thanks for the breakdown, rkw.

I still think I prefer the ability to edit my squad on the daily.

Does anyone else have a preference?

• Thanks for the breakdown, rkw.

I still think I prefer the ability to edit my squad on the daily.

Does anyone else have a preference?

I like daily. You can edit ahead of time if you are going to be out of town or something, so its not like you need to check it every day. I think its way more fun if you can change it daily.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    damn, 14 team league. shit's bout to be bonkers. i imagine nobody's going to be running away with this one.

I've done weekly and daily ...daily turned into a chore....the shit became boring after 40 games...there is almost no strategy involved with daily....with weekly,one injury can turn the entire standings upside down...just more fun to me....i like weekly...but im down for whatever ...

i also think playing for records will turn into a complete mess

but im down for whatever

• I vote for weekly.

Thanks to those who left input on the roster settings, they have been changed to weekly.

FYI - The league is now officially FULL[/b] (thanks Dreas).

Just a reminder: The live draft will begin today at 8 p.m. ADT[/b]

If ADT is confusing, click on your team's name to see the countdown in hours and minutes.

• Just a reminder: The live draft will begin today at 8 p.m. ADT[/b]

If ADT is confusing, click on your team's name to see the countdown in hours and minutes.

If I can't do it live it will auto pick my team based on my rankings, right?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Just a reminder: The live draft will begin today at 8 p.m. ADT[/b]

yep

• Just a reminder: The live draft will begin today at 8 p.m. ADT[/b]

yep

Cool thanks, I was worried for a minute.

• I haven't done any research or prep, so I'm just gonna have to use straight KNOWLEDGE to wax you folls. Just sos ya know.

I haven't done any research or prep, so I'm just gonna have to use straight KNOWLEDGE to wax you folls. Just sos ya know.

I'm picking on the fly, too.

keithvanhorn, you'll be first up to bat.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    watch out for some dropping field goal percentages with that new ball they're implementing this year.

I haven't done any research or prep, so I'm just gonna have to use straight KNOWLEDGE to wax you folls. Just sos ya know.

are you saying you dont have excel spreadsheets / fantasy basketball rags & split stats helping you make the decision to take lebron #1?

yeah this'll be the first time ive been in a league with 14teams deep... 2 starting centers?!!!! adonal will get some major burn this season!

• we're not doint a roto-league this year??? that changes EVERYTHING!!!

• i know this is a competition, but can anyone recommend some websites that rank players?

• i know this is a competition, but can anyone recommend some websites that rank players?

Google.com

• I haven't done any research or prep, so I'm just gonna have to use straight KNOWLEDGE to wax you folls. Just sos ya know.

are you saying you dont have excel spreadsheets / fantasy basketball rags & split stats helping you make the decision to take lebron #1?

yeah this'll be the first time ive been in a league with 14teams deep... 2 starting centers?!!!! adonal will get some major burn this season!

Straight up, unless Bron is on the board...I'm tryna get DIRK in round one for the Love, then nothin but blue collar ballers so the waxing can take place.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    one of my old teammates just got released from the rockets... damn this has upset me

2 starting centers?!!!!

Whoops. This has been adjusted to 1 starting center.

Still have 2 Utility spots, though.

Damn, this league is gonna be insane!

• 2 starting centers?!!!!

Whoops. This has been adjusted to 1 starting center.

Still have 2 Utility spots, though.

Damn, this league is gonna be insane!

And here I was thinking Drewn was just trying to "bring the 5 back".

thanks drewn. is the draft order pre determined or random right before the draft?