CANKER SORES (OUCH IN MY MOUTH RELATED)

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I got one right under my tongue. Hurts to eat, hurts to speak. Kill me now!

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    There's a great Rx for that (amlexanox). Shit will be gone in less than a day. Call your dentist.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Pleasee to recommend this Rx magic. I always get these. I just had a huge one but it's gone now.

They give me headaches.

• I get these when I am really stressed out. They fucking suck. I usually only get one at a time though. Some people get multiple sores.

• i'll trade you my right top eye lid thats been twitching for 8 days straight for your canker sore

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    i'll trade you my right top eye lid thats been twitching for 8 days straight for your canker sore

Lay of ye Meth and Twitching shall leave ye... Poppabob 11.13

• ive never touched meth in my life, any other suggestions?

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    take 4,000 mgs of Lysine (an amino acid) a day and gargle with warm salt water after every meal

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    ive never touched meth in my life, any other suggestions?

isn't ridilin supposed to be a medicine meant to make you hyper and it just somehow calms ADD kids?

Meth may be your only hope for a cure

• Try Borax glycerin (kind of fluid). Not sure if it helps with all kinds of mouth-related diseases.

• While we're on some MedStrut type thangs, I just got over the flu. While I had it, my ears became plugged up... now that I'm feeling better, one of my ears STILL feels this way. It's annoying the hell outta me. Any recommendations/suggestions?

Please help....

While we're on some MedStrut type thangs, I just got over the flu. While I had it, my ears became plugged up... now that I'm feeling better, one of my ears STILL feels this way. It's annoying the hell outta me. Any recommendations/suggestions?

Please help....

I'm not tryin to be Dr. Fatso here. My Dad's a dentist, and I get the cankers, so I know a little about the mouth stuff.

If I was you, I would leave the ear for at least week and then see Dr. if it doesn't go away.

• just got over one of these myself, and it was my first!

I immediately bought ambusol (sp) from Algreens and while that eliminated the pain it did nothing to stop the problem. What worked was golden seal root & echinacea tincture (GNC or anything close to that will have). Mix this with a small glass of water and simply swish around (for about 1 minute), then drink that shit. This will get rid of pain and will cure your ailment within 5 days.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I'm not sure, but I think you may have herpes. There is no known cure.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I immediately bought ambusol (sp) from Algreens

Yep. And don't eat pussy with that thing. You'll give it to her down there.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    While we're on some MedStrut type thangs, I just got over the flu. While I had it, my ears became plugged up... now that I'm feeling better, one of my ears STILL feels this way. It's annoying the hell outta me. Any recommendations/suggestions?

Please help....

collodial silver can help, and is available at health food stores.
    http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html

• I'm not sure, but I think you may have herpes. There is no known cure.

I'm serious. Not trying to be funny. This shit ain't funny. And can be spread from mouth genital. It's important to differentiate canker sores from cold sores. The cause of cankers is unknown, but they behave like cold sores. It's not worth the risk. IMO

http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/stdherp.htm

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:QNzk...t=clnk&cd=1

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    canker sores are not related to genital herpes (herpes simplex). it was once catagorized as being caused by herpes zoster (herpes zoster and simplex aren't the same type of virus), but is now considered a mouth ulcer (recurrent minor aphthous ulcers).

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

That's true.

• No reason to rule out Syphilis yet, of course now that we've gotten started about the more obscure diseases which can yield symptoms like this. ..

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    For canker sores. Don't you have to be born with the virus? If ur not born with it, you don't get them. Correct?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Just to be clear, I was only jesting with the herpes thing. canker sores and cold sores are definitely different, although both are very common and can be very painful. Sounds like Raj just has a canker sore, which are usually caused by stress (NOT CONTAGIOUS). But I swear I've gotten them at times when I was pretty damn stress free and happy go lucky. Go figger.

new soulstrut thread idea: canker sores vs. cold sores.... who wants to start it?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    You can get kanker's from eating lots of sugar and not brushing, or if you get a cut in your mouth.

new soulstrut thread idea: canker sores vs. cold sores.... who wants to start it?

this is pretty much what we have already.

how about herpes vs. hemorrhoids?

• reskresk 391 Posts

cold sore = herpes

canker sore = autoimmune respone, noncontagious

two very diffrent things

an effective over the counter solution for the pain is half hydrogen peroxide/half water. Hydrogen peroxide is dirt cheap. Swish a couple times a day, two to three times.

it's always hilarious to see the kinda shit that will bring out the lurkers.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    ive never touched meth in my life, any other suggestions?

isn't ridilin supposed to be a medicine meant to make you hyper and it just somehow calms ADD kids?

Not exactly. The theory behind why ADD works is a bit counter-intuitive but it makes sense. The idea is that children with ADD typically have less natural brain activity. Because these kids are less internally stimulated, they seek out external stimuli to counter-balance this deficiency. In behavioral terms, this counter-balance often entails shortened attention spans, inability to retain information (e.g. 'tuning out'), itinerant thought patterns, and, in general, a poor ability to self-regulate. Amphetamine salts (generic term for ADD meds) work by raising the level of brain activity in ADD kids, thus obviating the need to pursue external stimuli.

• it's always hilarious to see the kinda shit that will bring out the lurkers.