CANKER SORES (OUCH IN MY MOUTH RELATED)

2»

Comments

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    ive never touched meth in my life, any other suggestions?

Have you not been sleeping enough lately? I usually get eye twitches when I'm over-tired.

Lately I have a twitchy index finger, not sure what that's about. Maybe I'm getting trigger happy - look out!

• what's up VD STRUT?

bout time people on this board started getting some play!

-

• wikipedia says there is something I did not know about called ocular herpes. does not sound fun.

Ocular herpes

Ocular herpes (generally HSV-1) is a special case of herpes infection (herpes viral keratitis) that affects the nerves serving the cornea of the eye. It usually manifests as small white itchy lesions on the surface of the cornea, known as dendritic ulcers because they show a branching pattern. Additional symptoms include dull pain deep inside the eye, mild to acute dryness and sinusitis. Most first infections resolve spontaneously in a few weeks or with the use of oral and topical antivirals. However, the virus continues to inhabit the neurons of the eye and to multiply. Subsequent symptoms (with or without visible lesions) include chronic dry eye, low grade intermittent conjunctivitis or chronic unexplained sinusitis. When the patient is immunocompromised or the concentration of viral DNA reaches a critical limit, the presence of the virus can trigger a massive autoimmune response in the eye, resulting in the patient's own system destroying the corneal stroma. This usually results in loss of vision due to opacification of the cornea. Treatment with corneal transplants may be ineffective, as reinfection of the transplant is common; however, with concurrent use of antivirals the chance of graft acceptance is higher. Research is ongoing for a vaccine against ocular herpes.[citation needed]

Ocular herpes is the leading cause of infectious blindness in the developed world.[citation needed] As with orofacial or genital herpes, trauma to the eye increases the chance of a recurrence. Thus herpes viral keratitis can produce complications in the case of patients undergoing radial keratotomy by laser (lasik) to correct vision defects, and patients undergoing this procedure should be carefully screened.

• ive never touched meth in my life, any other suggestions?

Have you not been sleeping enough lately? I usually get eye twitches when I'm over-tired.

Lately I have a twitchy index finger, not sure what that's about. Maybe I'm getting trigger happy - look out!

well, when it started i probably wasnt but since then i definitely have gotten enough, or maybe even too much sleep. i've heard it can be stress related, and i've heard it can be related to lack of potassium. im taking potassium supplements(something i probably should be doin anyways) but im not sure about the stress. i dont even know if i am stressed out. i dont think i am. my thumb used to twitch out alot, but its been awhile.

btw happy birthday lady!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    ive never touched meth in my life, any other suggestions?

i think it has alot to do with dry eye. There is lubricating drops you can buy at any pharmacey/cvs. Not visine though which is a vascoconstrictor. It doesnt lubricate. I used to get this when i smoked alot of pot, was overtired, or staring at a monitor for too long. It used to drive me nuts and last for a few days of just crazy eyelid twitches. Drops helped though.

• ive never touched meth in my life, any other suggestions?

i think it has alot to do with dry eye. There is lubricating drops you can buy at any pharmacey/cvs. Not visine though which is a vascoconstrictor. It doesnt lubricate. I used to get this when i smoked alot of pot, was overtired, or staring at a monitor for too long. It used to drive me nuts and last for a few days of just crazy eyelid twitches. Drops helped though.

hmmm...thats interesting as i do use visine almost everyday, gets the read out ya now

smoked alot of pot, and staring at a monitor for too long.

this is ME i guess. my eyes tend to get really bloodshot when i smoke. thats the reason for the visine. i'm gonna get me some of them drops though, thanks for the suggestion. im down to try anything at this point.

how bout you raj?? any of these suggestions working for you???

• "She asked me to wear a condom. A Condom? Why? When am I ever gonna be in Haiti again?"

• as far as canker sores... just put some alum on that shit. oldest cure there is.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    wikipedia says there is something I did not know about called ocular herpes. does not sound fun.

Ocular herpes

Ocular herpes (generally HSV-1) is a special case of herpes infection (herpes viral keratitis) that affects the nerves serving the cornea of the eye. It usually manifests as small white itchy lesions on the surface of the cornea, known as dendritic ulcers because they show a branching pattern. Additional symptoms include dull pain deep inside the eye, mild to acute dryness and sinusitis. Most first infections resolve spontaneously in a few weeks or with the use of oral and topical antivirals. However, the virus continues to inhabit the neurons of the eye and to multiply. Subsequent symptoms (with or without visible lesions) include chronic dry eye, low grade intermittent conjunctivitis or chronic unexplained sinusitis. When the patient is immunocompromised or the concentration of viral DNA reaches a critical limit, the presence of the virus can trigger a massive autoimmune response in the eye, resulting in the patient's own system destroying the corneal stroma. This usually results in loss of vision due to opacification of the cornea. Treatment with corneal transplants may be ineffective, as reinfection of the transplant is common; however, with concurrent use of antivirals the chance of graft acceptance is higher. Research is ongoing for a vaccine against ocular herpes.[citation needed]

Ocular herpes is the leading cause of infectious blindness in the developed world.[citation needed] As with orofacial or genital herpes, trauma to the eye increases the chance of a recurrence. Thus herpes viral keratitis can produce complications in the case of patients undergoing radial keratotomy by laser (lasik) to correct vision defects, and patients undergoing this procedure should be carefully screened.

Oh man... this is what I have. I did not know it could be so serious though. Anyone know where to get fashionable eye patches?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Albert PooHoles has oral herpes.