Hip Hop Honors

2»

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    oh and Kid Kapri made Mix Master Mike look silly.... Turtablism is dead.

How so? I missed it.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    Mixmaster Mike was alright, I don't think he over-did it or anything. He was mixing a retrospective of Beastie Boys hits.. What did you want him to do YELL over his beats the whole time, "Everybody say HOE"..

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    oh and Kid Kapri made Mix Master Mike look silly.... Turtablism is dead.

How so? I missed it.

Just doing your meat and potatoes cuttin and scratchin and generally party-rockin...I ussually love what Mike does - but he seemed off. maybe it was the Microwave???

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Mixmaster Mike was alright, I don't think he over-did it or anything. He was mixing a retrospective of Beastie Boys hits.. What did you want him to do YELL over his beats the whole time, "Everybody say HOE"..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• Styles P and Raekwon shoulda been a lot tighter though, they seemed off or something.

Yeah, you could tell that Rae was pissed at Styles because he wouldn't stop rhyming.
    It seemed like they were supposed to go back and forth.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

agreed the candy is taking effect...

• pknypkny 549 Posts

MC Lyte was nice, and she looks waaaayyyyy better than any of them other females in the tribute!

Lyte was looking REAL good.

Cosign, but I kept thinking "nose job" when they were cutting back and forth between the older footage and the recent interview clips. Not hattin, she's still a sexy lady. And at least she didn't go the Lil Kim route.

• Anybody notice Regina King's new nose?

• just finally caught this. it was awful. so much yelling. so much embarassing shots of mumbling along by celebrity audience members. is there anyone who does not agree that those two hours would have been better spent listening to albums of the artists honored?

• In the interview montage U-God reminded me of Blaine Edwards.