Hey, I Got Engaged. WOO.

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I dropped in this week with my girlfriend Maria of 3.5 years. Big move but I'm stoked on it.I proposed over some left-overs and Montalcino Rosso in the privacy of our home.

Comments

• Congrats, man.

As a recently hitched, i say 'HuzzaH!'

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Congratulations mate - a fine move! It is in every sense the

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    congrats nate

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

congrats!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    FUCK YEAH!!!

Damn Nate that's the DEAL, kid!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    nice work, nate.

congrats!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    DON'T DO IT DUDE. SOON YOU WILL BE MARRIED 6 YEARS WITH 2 KIDS AND MISERABLE!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

For real?

• IHP 4 LIFE

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    congrats! get ready for lots of stress. i had no idea what a production planning a wedding is.

• congrats! get ready for lots of stress. i had no idea what a production planning a wedding is.

Planning was fun, but yeah, can be stressful. If you need any help/hints, don't hesitate to drop a line.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Let's start a wedding planning thread!

Seriously though, I could use it. Thats' that shit. Our caterer just fucking fucked up and we have to get a new one... this shit is like a trial dogs.

• Congrats.

Seriously though, I could use it. Thats' that shit. Our caterer just fucking fucked up and we have to get a new one... this shit is like a trial dogs.

I've got no plans yet but I would be stoke on this:

Sharon Jones Performing from 8-10PM

RUB DJ'S From 10-ENDPM

WORD!

• Let's start a wedding planning thread!

We got our caterer through a chef friend...where is your wedding, in NYC or Philly? He probably has some people in NYC he could recommend.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    right on nate... congratulations.

For real?

Not completely. Newlywedness is fun & exciting. Then you have the 1st kid... exciting for the first two weeks.. then reality hits. You have two of them... you get no sleep, little freedom, and you schedule sex. Your lucky if you get laid once a month. Dude... I don't know what to say. It's best you get it over with while you are young. Nobody wants to be 70 with teenagers running amuck.

For real?

Not completely. Newlywedness is fun & exciting. Then you have the 1st kid... exciting for the first two weeks.. then reality hits. You have two of them... you get no sleep, little freedom, and you schedule sex. Your lucky if you get laid once a month. Dude... I don't know what to say. It's best you get it over with while you are young. Nobody wants to be 70 with teenagers running amuck.

Jesus. You're freaking me out here.

• Congrats nate - don't listen to these old men, being married is a sweet gig.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Congrats chico.

For real?

Yo man... sorry for the reality check. Congrats! It's the best decision you will ever make. Starting a family is the best thing you will ever do. It gets hard. But I have seen survivors and I can't wait to get to the point where I can coach soccer & shit, take my kids to the movies, have a beer with my boy when he comes home for Thanksgiving. Like I said Newlywedness is the shit and then newborns & shit is tough. Be strong.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    you schedule sex.

Truer words were never spoken. You are entering a world of pain, Bizzo. Congrats anyway!

• Let's start a wedding planning thread!

RUB DJ'S From 10-ENDPM

WORD!

GOD this place gets gayer and gayer everyday. "Let's plan our wedding and squeal about rare soul music while we get our mani-pedi's".

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Congrats, Nate!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Congratulations, Nate!

I wish you and the Mrs.-to-be all the best.

• being married is a sweet gig B> when you don't have kids[/b].

Congrats!!!!

RUB DJ'S From 10-ENDPM

WORD!

GOD this place gets gayer and gayer everyday. "Let's plan our wedding and squeal about rare soul music while we get our mani-pedi's".

Just because they don't allow gay marraige in your state doesn't mean you have to be bitter towards me.

Fag.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Go ahead and jump into a woodchipper right now, maybe even a few times, as a warm-up for any marriage that hopes to last beyond 4 years.

Then once you're done with that, pour sulphuric acid directly into your every wound as a warm-up for any sort of married-with-kids combination.

That's not to say that marriage and child-raising aren't the absolute best things going, but in order to sustain them...we're talking endless Chinese boulder torture here.

• congrats Nate.

• Congrats man!
    Not to steal any thunder but I got engaged as well. Happened last week in Tasmania (Coles Bay). Lovely spot and a lovely lady. We'll be in Vegas the first weekend in November to seal the deal (no long engagements here).
    We're registered at TSL, Groove Merchant, Dusty Groove, Plan 9, Princeton Record Exchange and the Salvation Army. Raerer the better. Thanks.