Nation of Islam Flag Racist or not?

picoandsepulvedapicoandsepulveda 1,026 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
What's yall take on this? I was reading the confederate flag thread and it made me think about it... I'm from Cali so I don't notice much racism around here but how about yall from in other places???

Comments

• If you think that's 'racist' what about the Turkish flag? Seems a bit odd to me.

• YOU HAVE YOUR CRESCENT, I HAVE MINE.

• YOU HAVE YOUR CRESCENT, I HAVE MINE.

HA!

• If you think that's 'racist' what about the Turkish flag? Seems a bit odd to me.

turkish girls are fucking smokin' son, just thought i'd add on...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    asking if a flag representing the nation of Islam is racist is like asking if a flag representing nazi's is racist.

both are hate groups

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    :5pager:

buckle up kids

• asking if a flag representing the nation of Islam is racist is like asking if a flag representing nazi's is racist.

both are hate groups

i hear you and i ain't tryna start shit just reading thru the confederate thread got me open enough to start the islam thread, i ain't f.o.i or any shit like that.

I'll second that.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

buckle up kids

Get ready folls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• both are hate groups

May I borrow something, Day?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    asking if a flag representing the nation of Islam is racist is like asking if a flag representing nazi's is racist.

both are hate groups

i hear you and i ain't tryna start shit just reading thru the confederate thread got me open enough to start the islam thread, i ain't f.o.i or any shit like that.

yeah I feel ya, and I guess I'm just stating the obvious. But yeah the nation doesn't see all humans as equal and dehumanizes groups based on ethnicity and race.

I've had debates about them but never one where anyone has been able to clearly prove me wrong on their views of inequality.

IMO the only reason they even get any respect from anyone is they are a hate group made up of a minority.

From the anti Defamation League:
    http://www.adl.org/focus_sheets/focus_islam.asp
    Farrakhan appeared at Lincoln University in March claiming that "white people are potential human beings...they haven't fully developed yet."

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    both are hate groups

May I borrow something, Day?

wow that was really imaginative of you.

please tell me how the NOI (or the FOI) do not teach hatred & racist views

• asking if a flag representing the nation of Islam is racist is like asking if a flag representing nazi's is racist.

both are hate groups

yeah I feel ya, and I guess I'm just stating the obvious. But yeah the nation doesn't see all humans as equal and dehumanizes groups based on ethnicity and race.

I've had debates about them but never one where anyone has been able to clearly prove me wrong on their views of inequality.

IMO the only reason they even get any respect from anyone is they are a hate group made up of a minority.

From the anti Defamation League:
    http://www.adl.org/focus_sheets/focus_islam.asp
    Farrakhan appeared at Lincoln University in March claiming that "white people are potential human beings...they haven't fully developed yet."

i used to have a different view about N.O.I but ever since Farrakhan took my best friend away my views have changed. my downest homie since i was 6 years old can't even talk to me anymore because Farrakhan won't let him. i miss you chris, come home brotha!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Sitting here in Portland I don't see many true followers of NOI. But Farrakahn appears to get lots of respect from people who appreciate his uplifting message of selfreliance. They are ala carte Farrakahn fans, who ignore the BS and appreciate that he talks about the world from a Black nationhood perspective.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• Sitting here in prewar Germany[/b] I don't see many true followers of Nazism[/b]. But Hitler[/b] appears to get lots of respect from people who appreciate his uplifting message of selfreliance. They are ala carte Hitler[/b] fans, who ignore the BS and appreciate that he talks about the world from an Aryan[/b] nationhood perspective.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

• One of the founding beliefs: white peoples origin is that they were "frankensteined" on and island by a mad scientists.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    One of the founding beliefs: white peoples origin is that they were "frankensteined" on and island by a mad scientists.

so you're saying that DIDNT happen???

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    The Nation of Islam, 5%ers, New Black Panthers, whatever. Are these groups racists? Yes. Honestly, I don't care because they have no real power. All they do is talk and hope to get in the media. When all is said and done, they can't do shit. So what?

Then you have these white people waving the Confederate flag (openly or in their private mind garden) who control the reins of power in this country--and by proxy, the world.

I just think it's so damn silly that these extremists screaming from the sidelines bleachers parking lot get so much attention.

Focus your attention on the extremists who are in power.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Since throughout the course of modern history white people have made such shambles out of drawing conclusions about people based on their racial background, now no one in the world is allowed to draw any conclusions whatsoever about people based on their racial background......so say white people.

• flags are racist.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    now no one in the world is allowed to draw any conclusions whatsoever about people based on their racial background......so says the most authentic[/b] white person, Harvey Canal[/b].

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Sitting here in prewar Germany[/b] I don't see many true followers of Nazism[/b]. But Hitler[/b] appears to get lots of respect from people who appreciate his uplifting message of selfreliance. They are ala carte Hitler[/b] fans, who ignore the BS and appreciate that he talks about the world from an Aryan[/b] nationhood perspective.

Good point.

As FB points out the main difference being is that neither Farrakahn or his followers are being elected to anything. They have no real power. So to compare the NOI flag that is flown at NOI meetings to the CSA flag which is flown above state capitols, courthouses and NASCAR races is foolish.