MILF WEED

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Did I just watch Weeds jump the shark???

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this whole season has just been full of ridiculous bullshit like that. it still has its moments but after her getting married and all that garbage, it got kinda out of control. the writing seems real forced without much thought for continuity

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    almost ....

probably one of the most uncomfortable/corny/awkward moments i've had watching television was watching the scene in the studio......

that said ..it was still a decent episode and i like where the plot is heading

D.E.A dude is an asshole

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if halia gets locked up, i aint watching the show anymore

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    yea you will ...you'll just watch pissed

• D.E.A dude is an asshole

MARTIN FUGGIN DONOVAN! The man has improved many a series/movie. Kind of.

Yeah but you're right, it's more like, can we go an episode without some shocker shaking up the entire show? You know what it reminds me of, that new showtime series dexter.

I know michael c. hall (who stars) wants to remind everybody he's straight, after six feet under, but the writing is awful. Over the top gore spazz nonsense. It makes law and order (or the wire for that matter) look like positively sleepy.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, so true. i could really do without the emo child getting into another shitty relationship though

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im all for over the top bullshit but at least let shit ride for a while. i mean, they could have milked a whole season just from the armenian dealer thing, especially with a 30 minute show. dumbfuck uncle gets his toes bitten off and then that's it with what was brewing since last season? come on.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Whatever happened to Radames?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    season finale = HOT GARBAGE

• season finale = HOT GARBAGE

I dug that shit. Fuck it. Let it all be crazy. It's fun.

• yeah man that season finale shit was kinda

but honestly, i just started watching this show this season and i liked it less and less each episode. I understand that the previous season(s?) are far better than what I've been watching. Too bad. Doesn't the Sopranos come back on sometime soon anyway?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    season finale = HOT GARBAGE

I dug that shit. Fuck it. Let it all be crazy. It's fun.
    im all for that but this season was just way too fast paced compared to the first one. them dragging on shit when they could have easily completed the series in an hour special is nagl

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah man that season finale shit was kinda

but honestly, i just started watching this show this season and i liked it less and less each episode. I understand that the previous season(s?) are far better than what I've been watching. Too bad. Doesn't the Sopranos come back on sometime soon anyway?
    there was only one season before and yeah, i felt the same way about the episodes. sopranos starts in march but that past season kinda sucked too. same with entourage...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I haven't seen the season finale yet (tiVo'd) but just about every episode I've seen after they burnt down the bakery seemed to just be unbelievably ridiculous.

Meanwhile all the well written, well acted shows on Showtime die early deaths (RIP Huff)

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I enjoyed watching the programme. I thought it was really interesting to witness such cultural criticism on tv. Perhaps it's my lack of pop culture awareness, but i don't recall a show so harshly exploring the morality of contemporary America. Still, I wish they hadn't used pot. Couldn't it have been meth or coke? Pot is good stuff.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    The milf weed episode was the only one ive seen, but based on that, that show is corny as fuck.

yea, such a cop-out and beyond unrealistic.

yea, such a cop-out and beyond unrealistic.

They killed off martin donovan (we are meant to assume, anyways) for no reason. Plus the switch from cool DEA guy to psycho soon-to-be-ex was all of what, 3 episodes? Not that he is anything but a B list actor, but it could have been more interesting than that.