the big lebowski

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited March 2016 in Off Topic (NRR)
just finished watching it for the first time...fanfuckintastic, still got to let it settle. seems like its definitely a rewatcher eh?any fans in here? actually im sure, as i started to recognize avatars. that jesus guy is pure class. i'm still recovering from the guy in the blue bug flailing his arms as if casting spells. i'm fiending for some white russians
TAGGED:

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

I've seen that movie at least 20 times and I still notice new things almost every time I watch it.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    one of my favorites. You'll just keep coming back to it over and over again.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    a friend told me to have white russians every time "the dude" takes a swig. a good suggestion i think.

not to mention that this movie always gets me to go buy a copy of Dylan's "New Moring" for that song they use - only to end up getting rid of it cause it's not that good an album. I've done this at least half a dozen times though.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    and the soundtrack is so nice. who does the cover of hotel california, i think thats what it was

and the soundtrack is so nice. who does the cover of hotel california, i think thats what it was

Los Lobos, I think...

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    saw it opening week when me and my girl were still only "talking". she hated the movie and didn't get it throughout the entire playing. i was fucking enthralled by it's sheer brilliance all the way through. after the movie i asked her if she'd be down to be my lady.

now she gets all sentimental whenever the movie is on tv, but can't stand watching it.

"don't fuck with the jesus"

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Los Lobos, I think...

The Gypsy Kings, actually.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    The best thing about this movie is that there's not a dull moment in it. Almost every comedy has a part where it just sort of slows down - it's hard to keep the momentum, plus a lot of comedies have a sentimental lovestory or something that doesn't really work. Not so with the Big L, every scene is absolutely

Plus it introduced me to that First edition track - reason enough to love it.

• I've watched this movie so many times, and its already been said but you pick up on new things with every viewing.

lebowski and spinal tap are the pinnacle of comedy movies for me, and probably the only two movies I could really consider favorites.

oh and whoever mentioned drinking white russians every time the dude did, you need to get familiar with the lebowski challenge. its when you drink white russians AND smoke doobies whenever the dude does, of course he smokes a couple roaches but you can just burn a whole one (especially with a large group). i completed this challenge with one other person, 2 years ago on new years eve.

• one of my favorites. You'll just keep coming back to it over and over again.

They peed on my fuckin rug

They peed on your fuckin rug dude

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    one of my favorites. You'll just keep coming back to it over and over again.

They peed on your fuckin rug dude

The whole bowling dialogue is too good to be true - absolute genius.

I was racking my brains one day trying to think which movie it was where the protagonist rubs a pencil over the imprint on a note pad only to find a picture of a big cock. Never occurred to me that it was in Lebowski, so many ideas in one movie.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

It's all about Walter Sobchak. This dude screaming "Am I wrong? Am I wrong?" always brings tears to my eyes.

• Damn I just had a serious need for this movie this last weekend. I contemplate the Dude often.

• one of the greatest movies ever made and ever written...the language in the movie is incredible, and is what makes it so funny, imo.

I've seen this movie more than any other, and probably still watch it 3 times/year.

Oh, and Crink- New Morning aint' THAT bad...let the dogs run free, dog.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    They play Moondog in The Big Lebowski too.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    one of the greatest movies ever made and ever written

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

• I love this. Such a great cast of characters and the right actors playing them. Script and screenwriting are right up there with a few Tarantino movies. Sometimes I even feel like The Dude.

• SHOMER SHABAS!!!!

total walter sochek tour de force

best shit ever

• doesnt anyone care about the rules anymore????

"these guys are fuckin amateurs"

"calmer than you"

and

THATS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU FUCK A STRANGER IN THE ASS!!!!!

• Options
    "I've got a rash"

"Enjoying my coffee".

Those two lines get repeated a few times a week around here.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    that's what you get when you meet a stranger in the alps.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

"Enjoying my coffee".

best scene ever

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

"Joking."

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Just attended this:

and won a free movie ticket for participating in the trivia bowl-off

my question:

"What kind of car does the Dude drive?"

anyone?

I will post pics of my ruminating on the answer later tonight, as well as the costume contest. The dude who won was dressed as the Dude's landord doing his dance cycle. Nicely done.

I am trying to convince a buddy of mine to do Halloween as Donnie and I would go as Walter. He actually looks like a less severe Steve Buscemi.

Los Lobos, I think...

Ahhh... I'm always confusing those two. Perhaps because they are the only two spanish language bands I've heard of that are not pakora psych.

• and the soundtrack is so nice. who does the cover of hotel california, i think thats what it was

Los Lobos, I think...

Ahhh... I'm always confusing those two. Perhaps because they are the only two spanish language bands I've heard of that are not pakora psych.

I think Steve Buscemi claimed never understood why this movie it became a -uhm-cult

- however everybody who watched that movie loved it.....

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    WALTER
    That wasn't her toe.

DUDE
    Whose toe was it, Walter?

WALTER
    How the fuck should I know? I do
    know that nothing about it indicates--

DUDE
    The nail polish, Walter.

WALTER
    Fine, Dude. As if it's impossible