DMC 2006 Winning Set (YTR)

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central

Sounds like a robot having sex with a washing machine.

Comments

• Sounds like Atari Teenage Riot doing a cover of a television falling down some stairs.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I don't think it's that bad a routine but it does demonstrate how scratching has plateaued for yeaaaaarrrsss now. Dude is technically proficient (despite questionable taste in bad techno) but the basic techniques and ideas are the same as scratching has been stuck in since the mid 1990s.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    still my fav scratch dj

• I especially like the 'pre-transformed' show wax

• It sounds like a guy doing a scratch routine

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Interesting.

• skills or not, this thing is unlistenable

• still my fav scratch dj

Word. Koala is beyond any other dj I've ever seen. Partly because dude just looks like he's having sooo much fun while he plays. I'm going to see him in Toronto near the end of the month. I suggest any Toronto strutters cop a ticket with the quickness...

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    best part is, he's mad humble.

and on that level.

• I think that's what comes across when you see him live... he's just grining ear to ear as if he's so stoked on the fact that he's playing to a crowd. Like he's new to it or something.

Dude clearly loves making sounds and noises on a turntable, and is happy to share it with you.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I think that's what comes across when you see him live... he's just grining ear to ear as if he's so stoked on the fact that he's playing to a crowd. Like he's new to it or something.

Dude clearly loves making sounds and noises on a turntable, and is happy to share it with you.

Never seen him live.

That "Moon River" routine was pretty creative though. Anyone know if his rolling through Vancouver?

• pretty creative

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    pretty creative

• Kid Koala's gonna be the guest member of Fog on a few West coast tour dates coming up soon. That should be pretty crazy.

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts

Kid Koala's Moon River routine has been for awhile.

I've been lis to a cd of that for years and it still holds up nicely.

• pretty creative

I hadn't even read your comment when I opened up the reply box.

:laughing: