ARE FAKE TREES AN OPTION OR NAGL??? I DON'T KNOW

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
no this post isnt about fake timberland boots, bastards (har har har)... i've been thinking about adding some flora to my new basement level workspace but was a bit concerned about the fauna which may also accompany said botany and herbage (i'm talking about plant eating bugs, dummies). I dont want naan insectlike invertebraes getting attracted to my plants and then finding a new haven amidst my vinyl collection. i really dont know schitt about plants and bugs or much of anything else for that matter, but i was considering getting some realistic artificial trees instead of real actual factual plantlife. perhaps a nice 6 foot bamboo or some type of a palm, something with some height and a healthy amount of foliage. as u may know i am known for THAT REAL SCHITT, so can i get away with that fake tree schitt? i need answers. let me know before i go ahead and get my grown man fake tree on

Comments

• HAHAHA

IMO, A fake tree/plant does pretty much the opposite of what a real plant/tree would do. I have plants in my house cause they are living things which remind me of nature. They breath, keep the air fresh. Fake trees are an abomination. Made of plastic/oil which is destroying trees around the world. Do you really want your studio to look like a cheap chinese food joint??

Not too many bugs, but if you have pets they will kill what bugs there are and maybe the plants.

Bamboo is always a nice touch tho.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Get a banzai tree, and a small palm, maybe some bamboo. That real schitt. Bugs shouldn't be too big a deal in any major city in the US to be a huge nuisance.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    hey i need more input on my tree desires. there are some reeeeeally good fake trees out there, ya know... also, if i get a real tree will it necessarily need a lot of sunlight??? it'll be in a basement area, after all... these are things i must consider as well

whatcha think... heres a fake tree i was looking at...

like this one?

banana tree maybe???

lets here your opinions, people... thanks

• If you rock a fake tree you are playing yourself. People who rock fake trees have also been known to rock: Pro Keds, Chaps, Helly Hansen, and Spider. Don't do it

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    fake trees are

there are many real plants and trees that do not need a lot of attention/light/water. just tell the people at the 'real plants shop' about the conditions you have at your place. they should be able to recommend something. but never ever buy a fake tree.

I rock one of these monstera deliciosa. recommended!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    the only trees that should be in your house are

for a minute though i thought this post was going to be on

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I clicked on this thread thinking you were considering purchasing some substitute weed, only to find out, it's much worse.

Real trees are a must. They may be a little extra maintenance, like watering them at least once a week, but you'll have some nice fresh oxygen. And yes, you would not hear the end of it from all these THAT REAL SCHITT perpetrators.