hot sauce (NRR)

2»

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    In the Louisiana/Texas bayou hot sauce wars, its's all about Tabasco versus Crystal:

Neutral restaurants tend to stock this:

• BigNachoBigNacho 47 Posts

end of story. vernon, california's finest. i recently saw some fast food joints in l.a. have this stuff in packets! tried to order them from the company's website for my home but, unfortunately, i couldn't afford to purchase enough cases to make it worth their while.

This stuff is great on cooked spinach:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Dave,s insanity sauce is not really a condiment. Its something you add to soups and stews. All fire is just machofratboy bullshit.

I use Dave's as a condiment (I don't think I've ever been accused of being machofratboy!), but in the right amount. The idea is to add heat, not overpower the flavour of the actual food. You can do that with Dave's

One of my favorites is MELINDA'S XXXXTRA. Check it out.

Oh Yea - Melinda's, too. It's yummy.

For righteous buffalo wings AND as I've found out in visiting my father-in-law, great on a variety of Haitian dishes:

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

"If you see me sippin' Mo' that mean's they don't serve Crys'..."

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    In the Louisiana/Texas bayou hot sauce wars, its's all about Tabasco versus Crystal:

Neutral restaurants tend to stock this:

Crystal shits on Tabasco every day and twice on Sunday. Louisiana brand is pretty good -- it's what's in the little packets at Popeye's (at least in New Orleans). Red Rooster is on the table at Roscoe's, so it will always be dear to my heart. Sriracha definitely has its culinary applications as well.

Those super-hot insanity sauces are like a Neil Pert drum solo -- there might be some heat, but there is absolutely no flavor.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

Haven't had the chance to sample Chrystal. Some of my favorite hot sauces are from Matouk's. Those are good & spicy & have real flavour to 'em. My local roti joint has about 5 or 6 to choose from. Here's a couple.

I'll use sauces like these as a condiment, but I won't spread them on fries like ketchup...

Peace

h

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Paging herm

Indeed, my favorite hostsauce...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dave,s insanity sauce is not really a condiment. Its something you add to soups and stews. All fire is just machofratboy bullshit.

I use Dave's as a condiment (I don't think I've ever been accused of being machofratboy!), but in the right amount. The idea is to add heat, not overpower the flavour of the actual food. You can do that with Dave's

Adding heat is not a sauce to me. Just like liquid smoke-- you dont put it on steaks and burgers. But hey to each his/her own. There are handfulls of ways to add heat naturally instead of using a chemical extract, which is what Dave's is.I enjoy Dave's but the heat is just overpowering. There are no undertones, no complimentary flavors, just heat.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hi,

Haven't had the chance to sample Chrystal. Some of my favorite hot sauces are from Matouk's. Those are good & spicy & have real flavour to 'em. My local roti joint has about 5 or 6 to choose from. Here's a couple.

I'll use sauces like these as a condiment, but I won't spread them on fries like ketchup...

Peace

h

Matouk's is the Bomb.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    you 16 million Scoville unit pussies need to step up to Resiniferatoxin[/b]

This is one of the most irritating substances known to man, with a specific activity against the Vanilloid Receptor thousands of times higher than capsicum, which would yield a rating of at least 16 Billion[/b] scoville units for purified dry crystals.

...most irritating substance known to man....

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Paging herm

Indeed, my favorite hostsauce...

Super saucy.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

never had Crawfish before. What does it taste like?!