That Killer Mike tape is finally out

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Everyone that likes good rap should support this. Also people that like "positive" rap.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• I was really feelin That's Life when someone posted it up here... I think I'm gonna have to check this out.

• Co-sign. I've only listened to it once all the way through so far but it's sounding like the rap album of the year.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    this is fucking great

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    total on the killer mike tape. if anyone needs another good one to tie em over till they get this one shipped:
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us /></a><br />here you go:<br /><a href=http://rapidshare.de/files/35143659/The_Killer.zip.htmlhttp://rapidshare.de/files/35143659/The_Killer.zip.html

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    damn this shit is dope
    im really digging a bunch of these beats too. one dude in his crew sounds a lot like mjg. mad doggie graemlin was made for killer mike

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    total on the killer mike tape. if anyone needs another good one to tie em over till they get this one shipped:
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us /></a><br />here you go:<br /><a href=http://rapidshare.de/files/35143659/The_Killer.zip.htmlhttp://rapidshare.de/files/35143659/The_Killer.zip.html

That tape is also excellent.

For a long time, Killer Mike was one of those rappers whose interviews were much more interesting than his rapping. "The Killer" tape is where his rapping caught up.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    For a long time, Killer Mike was one of those rappers whose interviews were much more interesting than his rapping. "The Killer" tape is where his rapping caught up.

I don't think that's completely accurate. He's always been a pretty great rapper who failed to meet his potential on his debut. Remember Our shit don't mix like yay and lukewarm water...?

For a long time, Killer Mike was one of those rappers whose interviews were much more interesting[/b] than his rapping. "The Killer" tape is where his rapping caught up.

I don't think that's completely accurate. He's always been a pretty great rapper who failed to meet his potential on his debut. Remember Our shit don't mix like yay and lukewarm water...?

Fine, but do you disagree that he has become much more interesting in the past two years?

Or that the most interesting aspect of his persona prior to that point was his interviews?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Fine, but do you disagree that he has become much more interesting in the past two years?

Or that the most interesting aspect of his persona prior to that point was his interviews?

I agree with both these statements.

• I always found his appearances on OutKast songs slightly embarassing.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    I always found his appearances on OutKast songs slightly embarassing.

He detracts from every song he's on. I feel like he's yelling at me or something, kinda Rumpletilskinzesque in a way. He also is the author of the priceless "you can follow or lead like Commander Picard" which blemishes the otherwise flawless "Flip Flop Rock".

He also made fun of my tie at the mixtape awards, right before Kay Slay yapped up Pudgee P. (Justo R.I.P). It was a really nice tie.

He also is the author of the priceless "you can follow or lead like Commander Picard" which blemishes the otherwise flawless "Flip Flop Rock".

Haha... don't hate: that line validated the lives of a nation of adolescent Star Trek enthusiasts that thought listening to rap would make them cool.

Also from that era: "Whiteboys say my style is bitchin'!"

• It was a really nice tie.

Faux_Rillz will be the judge of that.

• i cant wait to hear both of the tapes posted in this thread. KM is that fucking dude.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yo, where's the sample from HNIC from?

• He also is the author of the priceless "you can follow or lead like Commander Picard" which blemishes the otherwise flawless "Flip Flop Rock".

Haha... don't hate: that line validated the lives of a nation of adolescent Star Trek enthusiasts that thought listening to rap would make them cool.

Also from that era: "Whiteboys say my style is bitchin'!"

Haha, the guy repped the Picard line like it was hard, and thus, made it hard.

• This would have been a much better single cd release, I think.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    It's taken me a while to get my mind round the release due to the number of tracks but I have to say that I do thorughly endorse this release. Lots of cameos but I don't think they overwhelm Mike at all. Even manages to slip in some youtube juggernaut fun.

Have been playing That's Life nonstop for a while now.

P.s. Don't call it a mixtape.