Bill Murray: Coolest Motherfucker on the Planet...

iron_monkeyiron_monkey 985 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Can I get a ??

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    anyone who contests this in the slightest is BITCHMADE.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• girgir 329 Posts

massive

• Saw him on Martha's Vineyard one summer and there were a gang of like 10 kids following behind him like he was the pied piper. All of the kids had ice cream. He looked really old.

He is a funny dude no doubt...to many classics to list.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I just came to the realization recently that The Life Aquatic is a fantastic film after thinking it was kinda hacky since it's release. They play it at all hours on Encore or some channel the past month and Murray's emotional display is played so mild and understated but so deep it's really impressive.
    ...and all this time I thought it was just an uncomfortable comedy.

Broken Flowers is slow-paced but well worth watching also, if only for the Mulatu soundtrack and the few funny bits in it.

PLUS (to keep it RR):
    IMG SRC=http://www.cdquest.com/images/album_art/sorted/0706/4423/0706442384424.jpg>
    He kills it on that skit.
    "You should sleep late man, it's much easier on your constitution."

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

LEGEND.

• Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

LEGEND.

Was waiting for this one to pop up. He's got piles of great films to check out, hopefully we'll get a few more good ones before all is said and done.

i think i mentioned it on here before actually, but Bill Murray's kid (son?) was looking at my college on a day that i skipped one of my classes. My buddy that i used to sit next to ended up getting in this funny staring contest with Bill M, he kept looking in the class at my friend, messing with him. Apparently he got bored and just started roaming the halls.

• Hell yeah! Probably the best dude to do the news on SNL.
    Isn't he partially responsible for saving that show?
    I know he hosted in '81 and was damn funny on that episode.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

IMDB doesn't show anything coming up for Mr. Murray. Is he done or something?

• I just came to the realization recently that The Life Aquatic is a fantastic film after thinking it was kinda hacky since it's release. They play it at all hours on Encore or some channel the past month and Murray's emotional display is played so mild and understated but so deep it's really impressive.
    ...and all this time I thought it was just an uncomfortable comedy.

Seriously. I thought I was the only person that likes this movie.

Bill Murray's the dude. Quite a catalog.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Seriously. I thought I was the only person that likes this movie.

Love that movie.

People are really about it though.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Life aquatic was fucking great.I like how I can quote almost every line from every screenshot in this thread. We're forgetting one of his hugest roles.

- spidey

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Life aquatic was fucking great.I like how I can quote almost every line from every screenshot in this thread. We're forgetting one of his hugest roles.

- spidey

Ummmmmmmm...what movie is that?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Check out the Fear and Lathing in Las Vegas DVD on Criterion, it featured a Fear and Loathing documentary from the mid 70's in which a then unknown Bill Murray is hired by Thompson to play a guy working on the Re-elect Nixon in '80 campaign.

• Life aquatic was fucking great.I like how I can quote almost every line from every screenshot in this thread. We're forgetting one of his hugest roles.

- spidey

Ummmmmmmm...what movie is that?

KINGPIN

You wanna know about the weather? You're asking the wrong Phil. I'll tell you about the weather. It's cold and it's grey and it's gonna last the rest of your life.

- spidey

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

You wanna know about the weather? You're asking the wrong Phil. I'll tell you about the weather. It's cold and it's grey and it's gonna last the rest of your life.

- spidey

The ironic thing about this movie is that I can watch it over, and over, and over.

My all-time FAV!

• girgir 329 Posts

IMDB doesn't show anything coming up for Mr. Murray. Is he done or something?

i read an article a couple of weeks ago where he said he was goina take it easy and just enjoy things for a minute.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

"Mr. Bunny What is wrong? I thought you were becoming a woman?"

seriously one of the funniest exchanges of dialogue I've ever seen in a movie

i read an article a couple of weeks ago where he said he was goina take it easy and just enjoy things for a minute.

He should, he's a living legend, with more than enough kids to take care of. According to his Wikipedia, "(in 1984)Murray took four years off from acting to study French at the Sorbonne".

- spidey

• anyone who contests this in the slightest is BITCHMADE.

Bill murray can kiss my ass. so can steve zissou and jim jarmuchs (whatever)

:5pager:

• i fucking hated bill murray until i found out bernard purdie was his stylist and george martin was his acting coach. now i cant live without him.

And asshurt[/b]

He kills it on that skit.
    "You should sleep late man, it's much easier on your constitution."
    egg-a-muffin[/b]

• Dood is the tits.

[threadjack] Was anyone else surprised yet delighted when that lil' chica came out full-frontal in "Broken Flowers"? REWIND. [/threadjack]

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    and let's not forget this...
    http://www.triplicity.com/zenedit/soQT.html

• THE FUCKING MAN! HANDS DOWN..CANT BE FUCKED WITH! SO MUCH SO, I HAVE TO SHOUT IN CAPITAL LETTERS! ok...i'm over it.

Now I can see why you've been friendless several times in your life.

- spidey

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    anyone who contests this in the slightest is BITCHMADE.

amen

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Dood is the tits.

[threadjack] Was anyone else surprised yet delighted when that lil' chica came out full-frontal in "Broken Flowers"? REWIND. [/threadjack]

dude

Jarmusch, stick to black and white and silent movies. Serious.