T.O. O. D's (Crazy Ass Sports Related)

Comments

• this is sad, and i just pre-emptively hate all the media coverage that is going to come from this...somewhere, shawn salsbury and stuart scott are whacking each other off, while judging TO harshly...

• T.O. is such a drama queen.

• All that cuz the Broncos didn't want him... just kidding.

and -

"Owens owns a 2,656-square-foot condominium in Deep Ellum valued at $405,000, according to the Dallas County Appraisal District. "

doesn't sound too for an NFL superstar does it.

• people take sports WAY too seriously. TO is an entertainer as well as an athlete. i was at the phillies game on monday nite and dudes were selling t-shirts that said FUCK TO and had a picture of an Eagles fan pissing on him. i don't know if the fans hatred of him had anything to do with this...regardless, overzealous beer guzzling sports fans need to get a life.

• "Owens owns a 2,656-square-foot condominium in Deep Ellum valued at $405,000, according to the Dallas County Appraisal District. "

It seems pretty common in the NFL for players to own modest homes (read: modest by professional athlete standards) in the cities in which they play. Usually they have a much more expensive pad at their home base.

• "Owens owns a 2,656-square-foot condominium in Deep Ellum valued at $405,000, according to the Dallas County Appraisal District. "

It seems pretty common in the NFL for players to own modest homes (read: modest by professional athlete standards) in the cities in which they play. Usually they have a much more expensive pad at their home base.

And, bucking the trend and much too his credit, TO bought a gigantic house in NJ and then sold it because he said he didn't need all the space, and it was wasteful.

So, to all those complaining about McMansions (including myself)...TO is with us.

• I don't follow sports. What's the deal with Owens?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    "Owens owns a 2,656-square-foot condominium in Deep Ellum valued at $405,000, according to the Dallas County Appraisal District. "

And, bucking the trend and much too his credit, TO bought a gigantic house in NJ and then sold it because he said he didn't need all the space, and it was wasteful.

So, to all those complaining about McMansions (including myself)...TO is with us.

Well, what sense would it make for T.O. to invest in a multi-million dollar pad when he's already planning to kick, puot, and cry his way out Dallas like he has in every other city he's played in?

Seriously though, it's pretty clear that he has/has had some mental health issues. I hope those get taken care of. Hopefully this serves as a wake-up call.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    people take sports WAY too seriously.

This coming from a guy who posts in a public forum using the name of a mediocre, slow, poor shooting basketball player.

I keed.....just couldn't resist.

• This coming from a guy who posts in a public forum using the name of a mediocre, slow, poor shooting basketball player.

exactly. nba basketball is entertainment. kvh was the most frustrating player to watch as a sixer, hence the comical (to me) screen-name. in contrast, the typical (crazed) philly fan would rather kill himself than use TO as an avatar. seriously.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    people take sports WAY too seriously.

This coming from a guy who posts in a public forum using the name of a mediocre, slow, poor shooting basketball player.

Back in his High School Days KVH played for diamond Bar HS a couple miles down the road from West covina.

Peopels was talking about how he could be the next Larry bird bakc then.

reality is a bitch!

• This shit is so suspect. Dood's publicist, pastor and doctor were all apparently at his house when this all went down. Hey Eldorado, you got non-stop coverage on like 3 or 4 networks today, mission accomplished. T.O. = Diva.

Remains to be seen how all this will affect the Cowboys' season What a circus. There is no way I can see how Bill Parcells was onbard w/ Skeletor when he plopped down 10 millie for this guy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    1310 AM The Ticket, radio home of the Cowboys have started to refer to him as T.O.D.

Press conference was like a bad SNL skit.

The comparison to Dennis Rodman is looking more and more accurate.

This is one nutty guy.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Speaking from a journalistic perspective, one thing I'm glad this incident isn't is a rush to judgement on behalf of the media. At first this was reported as an adverse reaction to pain medication and other supplements. But the official police report (regarded as a universally credible source for any news story) is what stated T.O.'s affirmitave answer to taking too many pills in an effort to harm himself. Given T.O.'s storied history as an eccentric media darling, of course the media is going to take that torch and run with it, hence the ubiquitous coverage today on every fathomable news medium. I'm hearing now that those comments have been blacked out of the police report. For what reason, I have no idea.