What kind of headphones do you guys use??

2»

Comments

• While in college I needed some headphones and didn't have alot of cash so I settled on the Sony "Remix" (MDR V500's, $100 Canadian!), and promised myself that I'd buy better headphones when they broke - which I presumed would be within the year. After six years of bedroom dj'ing, the occassional gig, and a weekly for the past year or so they're still workin' fine...? True the sound sucks but they're relatively comfortable and they've lasted six years.

i use these too. used to have sony mdr v700's (the silver ones), but they broke at the hinge after a year. then i went back to an old pair of sony mdr v600s, which lasted about 2 more years and had the same sound quality as the 700s . now i am on to these and the sound quality is slightly worse, but they are smaller headphones and appear less likely to break.

• I don't DJ or anything like that, so this recommendation is for the casual music listener.

These headphones have great bass and great sound for an affordable price.

-Handy and compact folding design for when you're not using them.
    -Not too flashy or pretty which makes them less desirable to thieves
    -Fucking good sound for the price (70$ CAN)
    -Mad comfortable
    -Lifetime warranty (must pay the 8$ shipping if something happens and you want replacements, but it remains a good look).

My mother had theses headphones when I was a kid, they've been around for hella long and the price has been almost unchanged since day one. Testament to their durability and popularity on the market.

the sound quality is

• Check this out JUSTALICE old school style.

• Ive ben using these for about two years:

No problems major problems thus far. Price is right at about 100. Pretty good sound quality, sturdy construction, low profile. None of that silver shit. The only problem is that they are tight on your ears. I had the silver sonys, those broke. Had to to use masking tape on one of the earpieces for about 3 months, then the other fell off. Before the earpieces fell of they were incredibly tight on my ears as well.

Used those AKGs before the Sonys and they were great. The most comfortable phones ive used thus far.
    Anyone recommend some good studio pieces?

• the sony ones are nice for the price, and generally the reason why folks break their shit within a year is due to mishandling. folls be throwing those shits into a full bag getting all crushed, letting other other djs use them, or just wearing them in ways they weren't designed to - like upside down.

Mine lasted 5 years - with heavy use. It wasn't until I started DJing with partners on the regular that they broke.

I upgraded to the Technics, and personally i like them waaaaay better than the sonys. they aren't as tight on my head (i would get serious lockjaw from the sonys) and you got the removable cord for easy replacement, and they are loud as fuck.