Thursday Finds PAPPPP!

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    word

I slept in and found some PAP in my mailbox!!!

• indiana45sindiana45s 266 Posts
    that ege for trade?

ege bamyasi?

Nope, sorry (I generally don't trade anyway). I'm stacking those like baseball cards.

US Pressings of Ege Papyasi have a skip on Vitamin Pap.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    two dollar finds this AM:

P.C. Crew - Dougee Fresh vs. the Beat Box/Get Fresh/Space Invadas (Factory Beat)

Silver Metre - S/T (National General)

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    two dollar finds this AM:

P.C. Crew - Dougee Fresh vs. the Beat Box/Get Fresh/Space Invadas (Factory Beat)

Silver Metre - S/T (National General)

Dude N**l, you soooo found those at Pap's.

• US Pressings of Ege Papyasi have a skip on Vitamin Pap.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Pretty sure mine plays fine. Have to check again but it did when I first got it.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

Pretty sure mine plays fine. Have to check again but it did when I first got it.

Mine plays nice as well. Skip only effects those fucking featherweight west coast turntables WHAT! WHAT!

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    The East St. Louis Gospelettes track "I??ll take care of you" off the "Shout for pap" moves me.

It really does.

- J

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts
    Found some Country-Pap with a break on it.

This factory pressing flaw is easy to miss as it is a forward skip nearly perfectly on time. I never noticed it myself until someone pointed it out to me. Now it drives me crazy.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

This factory pressing flaw is easy to miss as it is a forward skip nearly perfectly on time. I never noticed it myself until someone pointed it out to me. Now it drives me crazy.

I just listened to both of my US copies a few times each and swear to ZEUS there was no skip. The funny thing is that when I listened to my first copy for the first time I remember hearing a skip, but now, nothing. I figure if I can't hear it then it's not there, even if it really is there.

I just listened to both of my US copies a few times each and swear to ZEUS there was no skip. The funny thing is that when I listened to my first copy for the first time I remember hearing a skip, but now, nothing. I figure if I can't hear it then it's not there, even if it really
    is there.

Possibly this was pressed a few times, maybe even in different parts of the country.

I have the bad

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I just listened to both of my US copies a few times each and swear to ZEUS there was no skip. The funny thing is that when I listened to my first copy for the first time I remember hearing a skip, but now, nothing. I figure if I can't hear it then it's not there, even if it really
    is there.

Possibly this was pressed a few times, maybe even in different parts of the country.

I have the bad

This may very well be the case. A Young Castle D pulled my coat to the skip when I first got it, and I heard nothing...

But I went through three copies of the Lowrell record, with a pressing flaw skip on Mellow Mellow, before I just settled for the 12" instead (not like I'm burning Lowrell album cuts much anyway)... but clearly this was a flaw on one press that wasn't on others that folks had...

The riddle gets deeper

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    Mar-Keys is from Replay in Stockton, reggae is from K street in Sac, others are from The Beat on J street.

d'oh i was going to go to replay last weekend. should have gone. last time i went there i found a gang of nice records.

dave

Yeah, man, nice records come through there at fair prices, they just don't stay on the racks that long. I catch a lot of same day arrivals. I'll be hitting that store up more regularly from now until the fall, so don't get your hopes up.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Linda Williams-City Living(great modern soul)
    Al Johnson-Back for More(YES!)
    Chuck Cissel-Just For You
    The Reddings-Class
    Andy Bey-Experience and Judgement(courtesy of the one and only Drew Nice!)

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    Yiannis Parios "Tora Pia..." (Peters International, 76): Greek vocal record with solid drums and bass in the background

I'll be hitting that store up more regularly from now until the fall, so don't get your hopes up.

Don't forget man I live in the same area. In fact I might be there tommorow. You ever go under the crates they have on the section on the ground? There definatly used to be some heat found in there. Unfortunatly you have to sit around for half an hour while the dude looks up every one in the book.

dave

I'll be hitting that store up more regularly from now until the fall, so don't get your hopes up.

Don't forget man I live in the same area. In fact I might be there tommorow. You ever go under the crates they have on the section on the ground? There definatly used to be some heat found in there. Unfortunatly you have to sit around for half an hour while the dude looks up every one in the book.

dave

Oh really, well I might be there...right now! And yeah, I go through the crates on the floor/lower shelf (and behind the counter), and the owner--Willie--doesn't even bother looking them up (though he knows they're probably worth more) and just sells them to me crazy cheap because he knows I'll spend consistently. Willie and I have what one might call a rapport. But, you know, there are plenty of records to go around, so best of luck to you.

dave
    Oh
    really, well I might be there...right now! And yeah, I go through the crates on the floor/lower shelf (and behind the counter), and the owner--Willie--doesn't even bother looking them up (though he knows they're probably worth more) and just sells them to me crazy cheap because he knows I'll spend consistently. Willie and I have what one might call a rapport. But, you know, there are plenty of records to go around, so best of luck to you.

that post just had so much attitude. like in your face dave !

or in reynaldo speak affectation.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    that ege for trade?

bridget st john - ask me no questions sealed

that bridget for trade?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

In the mail from a trade. I was very excited

As has been noted by soulstrut illuminati (NO LIZARDPEOPLE): triple plus good rekkid right there.

Yesss! "Stop The Rain" is a killer. I need to find "Black Rhythm Happening" as well.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    MY WEEKEND FINDS:

[/img]

• i'm not touching those w/ a 20 foot stick...

• Options
    What a pile of pap.

K.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    i'm not touching those w/ a 20 foot stick...

They're all HEAT, anyone of those could go piece for piece against anything in your collection and DESTROY IT.

Recognise the realness that is The Amazing Darts, fuck modern soul, i'm ahead of the game with this one...

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts

One I've enjoyed the most so far is the Gene Clark, nice moody mid-60's folk rock, it's his pre-byrds stuff, and sounds like a more focused Byrds...

nice find, and indeed it is a great record. but it's not his pre-byrds material at all, it's basically different mixes of the tracks that eventually became his first post-byrds solo record with The Gosden Brothers.

perhaps you are getting this album confused with the Byrds "pre-flyte" lp?

what do you mean by more focused byrds?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i'm not touching those w/ a 20 foot stick...

They're all HEAT, anyone of those could go piece for piece against anything in your collection and DESTROY IT.

Recognise the realness that is The Amazing Darts, fuck modern soul, i'm ahead of the game with this one...

20 AMAZING TRACKS!!![/b]

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

One I've enjoyed the most so far is the Gene Clark, nice moody mid-60's folk rock, it's his pre-byrds stuff, and sounds like a more focused Byrds...

nice find, and indeed it is a great record. but it's not his pre-byrds material at all, it's basically different mixes of the tracks that eventually became his first post-byrds solo record with The Gosden Brothers.

perhaps you are getting this album confused with the Byrds "pre-flyte" lp?

what do you mean by more focused byrds?

Byrds = mad focused, son!

Really though, I do like Gene's solo stuff best. He is maybe thee greatest songwriter ever. Better than Dylan. yup.

Bring it on!!!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Bob Dylan looks like Vincent Price nowadays, shit's creepy. Great songwriter but never dug his vocals. Thought I was the only one...