Slightly different Here, My Dear covers

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I have two copies and one has Here, My Dear in quotes, while the other does not. Anybody know why and which one is th OG?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Pics pleez.

Are both gatefold?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    both are gatefold. and the only difference is the quoted/nonquoted title.

pics in a minute.

i'm thinking it has something to do with the special circumstances around the release of this record.

Do they both have flames at the scupltures crotches? I think the flames were removed in later copies due to the Anna or Berry insistance.

Can u photo the interiors?

My gut feeling is the "Here My Dear" is NOT the OG. Shit is real "blue" looking.

Notice the flames on the crotch area? See if the " " version has those flames.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Notice the flames on the crotch area? See if the " " version has those flames.

I can only find one copy, flames and quotes.

• Italics always = less OG

The mystery continues.

David Ritz describes the problems the album/album covers had when released, in Divided Soul, If i recall correctly.

IN OUR LIFETIME had a quesion mark at the end of the title before it went to print. Motown removed it against MG's will.

Do i need to reveal my sources.....

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    IN OUR LIFETIME had a quesion mark at the end of the title before it went to print. Motown removed it against MG's will.

holy shit

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

holy shit

I'm not sure how true this can be, since the entire project was released against Marvin's will, causing him to refuse ever to record for the label again.

I mean, that may have been his original concept, but I don't think there ever was a version of the album that he was onboard with.

Incidentally, the only one of his albums besides Troubleman that he wrote, arranged, etc. in its entirety.

holy shit

I'm not sure how true this can be, since the entire project was released against Marvin's will, causing him to refuse ever to record for the label again.

I mean, that may have been his original concept, but I don't think there ever was a version of the album that he was onboard with.

True. i think he was pissed that they omitted the question mark which he felt recontextualized his "vision".

But yeah released against his will, it was.

I came home, and found that my copy has quotation marks as well. And all the flames were intact.
    Whatever i mentioned previously about the covers having re-edited art is my mistake and private mind garden blumber. Pleez disregard.

both have flaming crotches. i give up. i'm gonna toss a coin and keep one.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    sorry dude, nothing to add 'cept i love that album. mine has no quotations and the crotches are a flamin.

and.....

have you seen

THIS?!

check the ending...