fave FUNKADELIC / clinton related record??

2»

Comments

• The Space Cadets album on Vanguard is pretty good, as is the Chairmen Of The Board's Skin I'm In on Invictus (they're backed by members of Funkadelic, and they're giving the Chairmen the full-on black rock treatment, which vocalist General Johnson wasn't too fond of).

• For spin-offs I'm going with

I'm still looking for a copy.

Did Junie Morrison's "Triune" come out on 45?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    My favorite has got to be I Am What I Am. When Ruth sings: "You were. born. just. right. babe." it just kills me. Lush as fuck.

• For spin-offs I'm going with

I'm still looking for a copy.

I have an extra copy of this (ex/ex condition).
    Check your PM.

My personal favourite is Maggot Brain, anyone got a clean copy for me?

• Cholly.

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    Funkadelic self titled album is an all time great. No new info here but that's the real. 

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    p_gunn said:
    1. free yr mind and yr azz....-funkadelic
    2. self portrait- ruth copeland

I've not heard Ruth Copeland 'Self Portrait' but are Funkadelic really all over it? I was led to believe that a lot of it is Ruth with an acoustic guitar. Happy to be corrected..

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    cai said:
    p_gunn said:

I've not heard Ruth Copeland 'Self Portrait' but are Funkadelic really all over it? I was led to believe that a lot of it is Ruth with an acoustic guitar. Happy to be corrected..

While I don't think they played on every track on "Self Portrait", they are most definitely the backing band on a few tracks.  Eddie Hazel's solo on "Your Love Been So Good To Me" is so damn good, and the track itself wouldn't sound out of place on "Osmium".  I assume that a lot of the "Osmium" and "Self Portrait" tracks were cut right around the same time.
    cai

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    pkny said:
    cai said:
    p_gunn said:

"Your Love Been So Good To Me"
    I was never a fan of Ruth as a whole (her voice is irritating if ask me)  BUT Self Portrait and I am What I Am both have their moments thanks to the hard driving backend of Osmium era Funkadelic.

And

And Play with Fire!

This is one of those album covers, though:

cai

• Right now it's funkentelechy, because that shit is my life right now. I just moved and the new hood is filled with sir noses lurking behind every corner...sux

S/t, maggot, funkentelechy, america eats.