AUDIENCE's Listening Cut Chemist whose feelin it?

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
i like itits light and goofy as you would expectvery scratch oriented kinds reminds me of kid koala a bitnot bad at all,i rate it a 7.5 outta 10

Comments

• spot on.

maybe a few years too late, but still a decent listen.

• the one with the Clash and Minutemen guitars (or something very similar) is pretty sweet. overall i like it, no duds. He was late on the draw with this his "debut", but i consider the rare equations and other earlier stuff to be "real" albums too. cant front on Cut.

• 6.75 on a scale to 10.

There is some good stuff there. But there are some
    "thievery corporation/malt beverage commercial" moments on there. Overall it was
    different then what I was expecting but it was still good.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    yeah a whole bunch of easy listening /lounge samples gittin choppped

• The cut for me on there is What's the Altitude with the dude from Darkleaf. I usually don't go for the rap tracks on an otherwise instrumental record, but that shit is hot. And an unusual feel that I'm digging on.

• I tried to play my promo copy in the car with the wife. She gave each song about 5-10 seconds before skipping to the next track. After about 5 songs she huffed, rolled her eyes, pressed eject and said "This music sucks."

I must have agreed because I haven't listened to the CD since.

• It's a nice album, but I expected more. arrangements could have been a little more complex, because it sounds a little outdated the way it is.

• I guess it's ok as background music for a bourgeois pasta party

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    I tried to play my promo copy in the car with the wife. She gave each song about 5-10 seconds before skipping to the next track. After about 5 songs she huffed, rolled her eyes, pressed eject and said "This music sucks."

I must have agreed because I haven't listened to the CD since.

thats always good listening criteria
    ain't love grand

• cascas 1,484 Posts

very scratch oriented kinds reminds me of kid koala a bit

i've been saying this for a minute. that song "phonetapper" or the "phonecall". tell me that shit isn't a direct kid koala lift. that shit is kid koala's style to the bone.

agree with dstill. that track with hymie/hymel/hyphystimy is pretty dope.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    The album was decent, a bit too playful for my taste. Then again maybe if it was in a different track order it would be a better listen. However, I really love how he used that stark reality samples for that SPOON track.

- spidey

• montymonty 420 Posts
    ...I really love how he used that stark reality samples for that SPOON track.

yeah, but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• it's 2006 and he's still scratching vocals from instructional records over looped up breaks

• it's 2006 and he's still scratching vocals from instructional records over looped up breaks

TAKE THAT BACK!!!

*hides crate of instructional records behind sofa*

• montymonty 420 Posts
    [color:#ff0000]mp3: [/b]Spoon[/b] The Audience's Listening
    Cut Chemist[/b]

Monty Stark dot com

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I couldn't get past the apostrophe.